Toyota GT-one Road Car VS. Mazda 787B

Which car is better in your opinion , Toyota GT-one Road Car or Mazda 787B ?

• Toyota GT-one Road Car

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Mazda 787B

Votes: 43 58.9%

• Total voters
Since we usually base our "which car is better" arguments on laptimes, I've gone to GT3times.com to view their Lap Times. I selected the three cars in question in the Advanced section and changed it to 1 through 1000 results.

On the whole the Nissan R390 Race Car was highest in the list about 60% of the time, while the Toyota GT-One Race Car took the rest. The Mazda 787B was rarely in the top 10 results when searching just for these three cars. It's either not as popular or simply just doesn't peform as well. I'd say it doesn't have the muscle to compete.

If you're looking for the creme de la creme you'll be wanting the Nissan R390 Race Car fully tuned. Look for settings either on this site or search Google.

As far as opinions go ... everybody's got one. I prefer the 787B over the other two, but that's just because I'm a rotor-head. When it gets down to it, it doesn't really make a difference which one you're driving if you don't pay attention to the sound of the engine. They're all hella fast and the difference in performance is almost negligable.

r390-2.jpg

1998LeMansR390GT1.jpg

ta24192.jpg

98pq27.jpg

98pq29.jpg

98pq30.jpg

98pq31.jpg

98pq33.jpg

And I thought I'd throw this one in because it says Playstation on the side (:

98pq48.jpg

nissan_r390.jpg

97_390_1.JPG

gtworld_nissanR390GT1_2.jpg

98nis33.jpg

Hey LM, while I was reading your post I could see the first picture in your last post. After I finished reading I looked at the first picture for like 15 seconds thinking it was a GT3 screen capture, then I finally realized that it was an actual photograph. Just goes to show how awesome GT3's graphics are.

Originally posted by UB57
:D Hey LM,
Thanx for the great fotos!!! Now if we just had those versions in the Game!!!...UB57
:D

I'm not sure, because I simply don't know the history, but I believe the R390 that is in GT3 is the best of the series. The black and red ones have lower badge numbering (20 - 23) where the blue and white ones are 30 through 32, and a green one being 33.

Number 32 is the one in GranTurismo.

:D You've got my vote!!! & how about some "OLD" 936 Porsches & their competitors from LeMans complete w/accurate exhaust notes!!!...UB57
:D

I Go For The Toyota GT1 Because................Well I Just Like It (Although It Is Not Suitable On The Cote' D Azur track In Auto Transmission)

I'm a fan of he 787B purely due to the fact that it is the ONLY Japanese car EVER to win Le Mans...back in '91 I think. As for the characteristics of the car compared to the others I can't quite comment. But have you ever heard the clips of the 787b? Gotta love that 4 rotor motor!!!

UM i like the 787B for its handling mainly. But only 5 gears is a bit of a downfall. GT-one has i higher top speed(stock). I'll go with the 787/b on this one even though its a rotor:(

If they had the open tops they'd probably have to design the dude's head. Maybe you could have an option to go "topless" with the convertibles (top-down). :)

Originally posted by Red Eye Racer
Do you have a fully modded R390 GT-1 Race Car in your garage,...... freerider?
Yes I do, I like the R390 but I place the GT1 race car just a shade ahead on handling. I won the F1 series first with the R390 and then with the GT1 which I found to have just a little better cornering ability.
12SEC.CIVIC, Isn't that R391 GT1 car already in the LM675/SRP2 class in the ALMS.

Originally posted by freerider
Yes I do, I like the R390 but I place the GT1(TS020?) race car just a shade ahead on handling.

:confused: huh,... that's weird, the overall GT3 enthusiests viewpoint is that the R390 is a better handling machine,.... didn't you ever notice the difference in HP between the two?

Originally posted by Red Eye Racer
:confused: huh,... that's weird, the overall GT3 enthusiests viewpoint is that the R390 is a better handling machine,.... didn't you ever notice the difference in HP between the two?
Maybe it come down to driving style, personal taste. It's like the Lotus Elise Motorsport model, I love the car, it's great looking, but I have so much trouble driving that car it was unreal. I struggled with the Calsonic Nissan Skyline in the Pro All Japanese series and then was able to win it with an Ruf R-GT.

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
If they had the open tops they'd probably have to design the dude's head. Maybe you could have an option to go "topless" with the convertibles (top-down). :)

They put tops on all the convertibles (Shelby Cobra, S2000 ... etc) so they wouldn't have to model the driver and interior of the car in great detail. And besides, no one races a convertible like that.

However, the Formula 1 cars are modeled exactly as they should be. The driver's helmet is shown and I believe his hands and the steering wheel are there also. None of it moves, but it has been modeled.

Hey, LM I would like to correct you.

Do this:

--Take the F094/S or F090/S
--Do like 10 laps at a course with sufficient turns. NOT Test Course, but anything should work.
--Start the replay
--Switch to the mode that is synchronized to music
---Take out the GT3 disc from PS2 (while watching replay)
---Hit X until you get an angle that shows the F1 drivers hands/steering wheel
---You will see that the steering wheel moves about 20 degrees left to right.

on the topic of the Gt one and all. while the 787b has won the 1991 lemans the GT one is a contendrer as they came in second place in 1999.

The 787B has more acceleration and has better turning, however, the GT-one can beat the 787B on test course. The 787B's top speed is 219mph the GT-one's is 244(this is without changing settings or tuning!).

Originally posted by askia47
on the topic of the Gt one and all. while the 787b has won the 1991 lemans the GT one is a contendrer as they came in second place in 1999.

But he isn't comparing the GT-One Race car to the 787B. he's comparing the GT-One Road Car, for some reason. Perhaps he doesnt own the Race version, so he wants to know which of his cars are best.

GT-One had to retire i believe in the Le Mans competition. The engines couldn't last the whole 24 hours.

LM, i meant for GT4...i knew why they didn't in GT3 :)

Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
But he isn't comparing the GT-One Race car to the 787B. he's comparing the GT-One Road Car, for some reason. Perhaps he doesnt own the Race version, so he wants to know which of his cars are best.

Hell you're right . I did some testing for top speed with diff. settings ( which I unfortunately can't write down ) for both of the cars ( 787B and GT-one road car ) . OK , I messed with the car tunings and parts blowed onto both cars , I managed to get the 787B to a top speed of 221.2 mph , and the GT-one Road Car to 243.0 mph .

And then , my Camaro race car managed a 233.4 mph on the Test Course . All 3 cars have mileage above 330 .

Off topic now = Crapppp .... I wish I could watch Le Mans race on TV ... I've never manged to catch the race . I've only watched the JGTC once , as they held a leg over here in Malaysia at the Sepang Circuit .

Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
What time of year is Le Mans on?

I'm not sure about that , but I'm pretty sure they had it in 2002 . there was some article in the paper today about the new Bentley Speed 8 GT prototype . So there were a lil info on Le Mans as well , I think there is one in 2003 , but not sure when .

*EDIT* LE MANS 14-15/6 - 2003
I'm not sure ( again ) but from a few websites I surfed , this is the date I got .

Back