Toyota GT-one Road Car VS. Mazda 787B

Which car is better in your opinion , Toyota GT-one Road Car or Mazda 787B ?

• Toyota GT-one Road Car

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Mazda 787B

Votes: 43 58.9%

• Total voters
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
GT-One had to retire i believe in the Le Mans competition. The engines couldn't last the whole 24 hours.

LM, i meant for GT4...i knew why they didn't in GT3 :)

The GT-One competed in 1999 and was first place up until 1 hour before the end when it blew a tire. It still managed to finish in 2nd.

Oh ok, :embarrassed: thanks for that. I thought that it led early but had to retire...:lol:

Yes .. same over here also . Lucky at least we have the JGTC host a leg in Malaysia during June ( I think ) Damn I wish we had Speed Channel over here ... we only get ESPN , Star Sports and Astro SuperSports . But its still pretty good though . Hopefully they'll provide coverage for LeMans this year * pray *

I'd always choose the Mazda, it looks better and suits my driving style better than the sometimes (in my view) twitchy Toyota, though the racing version of the GT1 is a bit better.

I have all three cars, the 787B, the GT1 race car, and the R390 race car. I find the 787B to be the slowest of the group, but the best for tire wear. It has so much downforce that it allows you to run harder tires and still out run the competition in high speed corners. Its handling doesn't change at all as the tires wear, either. The GT1 tends to wear the fronts out quickly and starts to understeer. The R390 is pretty even, but even though I can often turn better laps with it than the 787b, I find it a real handful to keep it under control compared to the Mazda.

did the test last night on trial mountain.
GT-one was 1 second faster with just one fast lap allowed.
The 787b felt alot faster, and I could prolly beat the GT if I set it up and had the balls to push it harder, but the GT-one inspires such sublime confidence around the faster sweeping bends that allround I think its a better race car.

The 787 also allows the driver to drive on the throttle, which I normally enjoy (being a drifter myself) BUT sometimes that just tends to be a waste of precious time as your trying to correct the car out of a fast 3rd gear corner, whereas the pinpoint sharp steering, brakes(EYE POPPING) and throttle of the GT lets you concentrate on other things other than taming the beast!! :)

BTW, GREAT forum guys, I'll be hanging around from now!

Everybody seems to forget that I'm talking about the GT-one ROAD CAR .

Anyway , I've not played GT3 for the past 3 months , so it's disturbing my game progress. I agree with what Sparxxx said , GT-one is the best. But how can you say that the 787B is ugly?!! This car was made years before GT-one and the R390 was out , so the technology in it is pretty old and the looks , I suppose , is kind of a old design . But I still like it anyway .

EDIT : Nice RX7 you got there Sparxxx :)

Back