Toyota Racing TS040 HYBRID WEC 2014

Ireland
Dublin
Paul2007
wUhJmWu.png

The trio of 2014 FIA World Endurance Championship LMP1-H combatants has been completed with the unveiling of the stunning Toyota Racing TS040 HYBRID.

The TS040 HYBRID packs an enlarged (513BHP) 520PS 3.7lt 90° NA V8 petrol engine, up from 3.4lt, from the TS030-HYBRID from 2013 but it works in conjunction with a new 4WD energy recovery system which adds (473BHP) 480PS to give a total of (986BHP) 1000PS.

I would give anything to try that in GT6!

Also, the car seen in the on-track presentation is shown with Le Mans spec aero while the studio images are of the regular 6h races spec.

UPDATE We must now get this Manufacturers' and Drivers' World Championships winning car!

ts040-hybrid-11.jpg

ts040-hybrid-14.jpg

2014_ts040_presentation_14.jpg

Last edited:
Here is another onboard of the TS040 HYBRID from the 6h Silverstone. Watch the closing speed against the GTE cars. This new generation of LMP1 cars are monsters.

I saw it racing at silverstone and it was completely dominant so i would really like to see it in the game!!! ;)

I do think the Audi is prettier but it sounds terrible compared to the toyota:tup:
I think the Porsche is the nicest, followed by the Toyota, as I don't think the Audi's livery helps it.

I saw it racing at Silverstone and it was completely dominant so I would really like to see it in the game!!! ;)
You were there? Lucky you as I would of loved to have been there. I hope to get to Le Mans but it depends on if a friend decides to go or not.

I can't really explain, but I think that the car is hideous, and really dig the styling at the same time.
I guess it just has that Panoz Esperante appeal.

I think the Porsche is the nicest, followed by the Toyota, as I don't think the Audi's livery helps it.

You were there? Lucky you as I would of loved to have been there. I hope to get to Le Mans but it depends on if a friend decides to go or not.
Try to get to le mans by any means I went in 2010 and it was one of the best 24 hours of my life! And ye I went to silverstone;)

The Toyota is very good but dominate at Silverstone ummm well not really. Audi did put up a fight and got the lead before they crashed out. Spa however, yea Audi got destroyed.

We have the TS030 in GT6 now, all we need is this, the TS010 and TS020 ugraded and we have a full set!

All of them are going to be displayed at the GWFOS, perhaps some PD photographers will be there to see them ;)

I would love the TS010 and TS020 GT-one premium but if you want a full set you need the TS040 too. It is made to a different set of regulations than the TS030, has 986bhp at boost and 4WD.

We have the TS030 in GT6 now, all we need is this, the TS010 and TS020 ugraded and we have a full set!

All of them are going to be displayed at the GWFOS, perhaps some PD photographers will be there to see them ;)

;)

Back