Toyota Racing TS040 HYBRID WEC 2014

Wrong for Le Mans at least as they will have a low aero configuration kit.
The 2015 TS040 isn't a 2014 update. It's a brand new car from the ground up. Some basic component sharing, but a brand new car.

hsv
The 2015 TS040 isn't a 2014 update. It's a brand new car from the ground up. Some basic component sharing, but a brand new car.

Wrong:

http://www.toyotahybridracing.com/

"One year later the TS040 HYBRID won five out of eight races TOYOTA became 2014 Drivers’ and Manufacturers’ World Champion. The revised TS040 HYBRID will be now on track for the 2015 season. "

Wrong:

http://www.toyotahybridracing.com/

"One year later the TS040 HYBRID won five out of eight races TOYOTA became 2014 Drivers’ and Manufacturers’ World Champion. The revised TS040 HYBRID will be now on track for the 2015 season. "
You can revise a car to the point where pretty much everything is brand new. Vesselon said himself at least 80% of the parts are brand new. That includes a new tub and crash structure.

hsv
You can revise a car to the point where pretty much everything is brand new. Vesselon said himself at least 80% of the parts are brand new. That includes a new tub and crash structure.
That's not what he said here.

"Yes, we have seen that our performance level last year was good enough, I would say, so we did not scrap anything. Our car this year is pretty much an evolution from last year's car. We did not start from a clean sheet of paper. We have been building on what made a pretty good performance last year.

"Nevertheless, we are in a category where in the background you have a lot of, I would say, continuous improvement processes. So we have the aero development process which goes on every day, every week. And this has produced a totally new bodywork. Every single part of bodywork, even if it looks familiar – it looks similar to last year – everything is new. In terms of chassis, we kept the monocoque itself. But a lot of other parts have been changed, especially the suspension, the suspension schematic is quite new with many, many details. Globally, I would say, we have designed 80 to 85% of the car. So it stays familiar, very close to last year but most of it is new."

"Yes, we have seen that our performance level last year was good enough, I would say, so we did not scrap anything. Our car this year is pretty much an evolution from last year's car. We did not start from a clean sheet of paper. We have been building on what made a pretty good performance last year.

"Nevertheless, we are in a category where in the background you have a lot of, I would say, continuous improvement processes. So we have the aero development process which goes on every day, every week. And this has produced a totally new bodywork. Every single part of bodywork, even if it looks familiar – it looks similar to last year – everything is new. In terms of chassis, we kept the monocoque itself. But a lot of other parts have been changed, especially the suspension, the suspension schematic is quite new with many, many details. Globally, I would say, we have designed 80 to 85% of the car. So it stays familiar, very close to last year but most of it is new."

...:odd:

That sounds suspiciously like a new car to me, past all the PR hyperbole...

That's not what he said here.

It sounds mostly new since 80 percent of the car is new so technically speaking it's more new than old. However, Audi or Porsche will win Le Mans. Toyota hasn't been doing well and Audi has been dominating the season so far

Back