Toyota Supra (A90)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 2,724 comments
What is it about this thread that attracts people?

Aaaaanywaaaaay...that set of grey renders in an Instagram post shown a ways back depict a truly ghastly thing. Why am I not surprised to find it's more drivel from "the Rocket Bunny guy"?

Sad too considering that the A90 looks quite nice in gray.

Dan
Who is “the Rocket Bunny guy”?
That would be a Mr. Kei Miura

TRA-Kyoto-09.jpg

Dan
Who is “the Rocket Bunny guy”?
That would be the guy that pens all of the Rocket Bunny kits*, indicated above.

*Now I'm given to understand that there's a wide variety of sources for these products, not strictly limited to Rocket Bunny, but they all follow the same tired formula and the post even features the corresponding hashtag despite it presumably being offered as a "Pandem" kit.

Thanks for clearing it up, everyone.

Personally, I don’t have a problem with the kit, besides that spoiler. RWB’s widebody cars are amazing, but those spoilers don’t do anything for me either.

Well, it's a Toyota, with a "legendary" name coming from a car that apparently has the engine to end all engines....

It just seems to be this thread that attracts the idiots and the people who see 'A90 Supra' and foam out of their mouths when nobody has done even any sort of real world tests, short or long term. just track day events in essence.

It just seems to be this thread that attracts the idiots and the people who see 'A90 Supra' and foam out of their mouths when nobody has done even any sort of real world tests, short or long term. just track day events in essence.
Thankfully it's also frenquented by those capable of critical thought and not clinging slavishly onto biases.

Something brought up in the comments section of this Jalopnik article about a crappy recall on some Subaru engines supposedly causing engine failures which include the FRS, possibly due to unfamiliarity with boxer engines at Toyota dealerships...

How will Toyota dealership's deal with engine/transmission repair with the BMW drivetrain? If you bought a new Supra would it be wiser to bring it to a BMW dealership instead?

Something brought up in the comments section of this Jalopnik article about a crappy recall on some Subaru engines supposedly causing engine failures which include the FRS, possibly due to unfamiliarity with boxer engines at Toyota dealerships...

How will Toyota dealership's deal with engine/transmission repair with the BMW drivetrain? If you bought a new Supra would it be wiser to bring it to a BMW dealership instead?

Will be hilarious, toyotas are easy to work on bmws a nightmare to a point their own dealerships struggle and experts are often called in from home office lol. Let not forget toyota dealerships will have to incur huge costs buying bmw equipment meant to service bmws and training their techs to work on two vastly different systems.

Even if parts are shared, manufacturers will only service their own brand.
Same for me walking into a Subaru dealership with my GT86 for maintenance, they'll redirect me to Toyota.

Is it though, from What I have seen they have done the ECU but I would suspect the wiring harness would be all BMW.

Well I don't know in fairness.

But the harness is just cables, the ECU is the brain. So on that basis alone it seems likely it will need Toyota diagnostics, not BMW.

I apologise, though, as I personally distinguish between electrical and electronic but didn't make that clear.

Back