Toyota Supra (A90)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 2,724 comments
BreezFrees has always been, continues to be, and will probably always be, the stupidest way of referring to a car ever.

Also, I'd probably take the Red Supra.. I hate the GT86 styling - outside and in, and whilst there's potentially more useable performance from the GRMN Yaris on a day to day basis, the Supra simply looks better, and on extended drives, is likely to be more enjoyable.

Has anyone received their poster yet? Its been over a month since I signed up for it.
Finally got mine today.

MVIMG_20200430_201710.jpg

I received my poster around the same time. I’m glad I jumped on that while I had the chance!

Toyota has started sending the 2.0L Supra out. A couple of videos have popped up.

Key takeaways:
-220 pounds ligher
-better weight distribution (or per Toyota the more compact engine "improves the car’s inertia characteristics and chassis balance for even sharper handling")
-no active dampers
-fairly stiff suspension
-mechanical LSD

VXR
It's a Playstation car being the biggest label thrown at it, which seems perverse because I'd expect most of those saying it couldn't handle a 200hp car properly let alone 500+ without high levels of traction and grip engineered in.

Saturday Update; my girlfriend is looking at a used car within the Toyota dealership and the A90 quite literally stopped me in my tracks.

View attachment 884648

If I could have it in the blue of the Prius, then I'd be very happy.

View attachment 884649
The motor the new supra has is actually one beefy ass set up. The crank is a monster head is solid. Anyone who gets one and is able to afford to do some basic internal and head work and
puts some boost to it like 15 to 20 are gonna be surprised and if you drove the new supra I did with some work done on it and it being single turboed you would change that time real quick.

BreezFrees has always been, continues to be, and will probably always be, the stupidest way of referring to a car ever.

Also, I'd probably take the Red Supra.. I hate the GT86 styling - outside and in, and whilst there's potentially more useable performance from the GRMN Yaris on a day to day basis, the Supra simply looks better, and on extended drives, is likely to be more enjoyable.
Tha supra my friend is a beast when you actually have seen it torn down in person and then had the opportunity to drive one let alone seen it torn down in person. Then being able to take it for a few hours
with some minor suspension upgrades some very basic block and head work done to
it and the single turbo only running 15 psi. Was seriously unreal and it's a platform which is just a stepping stone. Toyota is gonna come out the new few years seriously making a whole new bench mark like they did with the last gen.
and man this car was built to be built to 1500to 2000 hp easy. That stock crankshaft is a beast

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody must be buying it, as I've just seen a commercial for 0% APR. First Toyota commercial I've seen in a while promoting such a deal, and really first one I've seen on a sports car.

Nobody must be buying it, as I've just seen a commercial for 0% APR. First Toyota commercial I've seen in a while promoting such a deal, and really first one I've seen on a sports car.
Don't think anyone buying it because aren't Supra's sold out?

If noone know about the 4-cylinder model, could be advertising for awareness. Just a guess.

Don't think anyone buying it because aren't Supra's sold out?

If noone know about the 4-cylinder model, could be advertising for awareness. Just a guess.

Upon research, it's part of their 4th of July holiday offers. But still, why include their flagship model? I've never see Ford or GM doing that with the Mustang and Camaro. And it was really just the generic Supra advertising with the offer tacked on at the end with all the fine print.

https://www.toyota.com/mi-oh-ky-tn/...=sea:Model_Supra_Defer:GOOGLE:Supra_Defer_BMM::

Upon research, it's part of their 4th of July holiday offers. But still, why include their flagship model? I've never see Ford or GM doing that with the Mustang and Camaro. And it was really just the generic Supra advertising with the offer tacked on at the end with all the fine print.

https://www.toyota.com/mi-oh-ky-tn/...=sea:Model_Supra_Defer:GOOGLE:Supra_Defer_BMM::
Toyota-wide deal. You could do the same on LC/GSF/RCF a while back. A way to move units right now given the whole ordeal going on.

If true, would be fun to see how all the people (on Jalopnik in particular) who insisted a manual wasn't relevant because they don't shift as fast twist themselves around to reconcile that.

I don't watch regular tv, but it's end of financial year(EOFYS) here. Haven't noticed any such as for the Supra. I'm sure someone's accountant are telling them to buy one though.
In Aus there's a limit on the amount you can claim for tax purposes when purchasing a car, which is $57,581.
Looking at the carsales, the cheapest Supra is $76,950 and the most expensive is $116,800. So at best you will be wasting $19,369 and at worst you'll be losing out on $59,219 (aka an entire car that could be claimed).

So I don't think any accountants would be recommending a Supra to their clients, although, anyone who's interested in a Supra should look at claiming if they wanted to save themselves some money, since they're going to be purchasing a Supra anyway.

I get the feeling most Supra's will be purchased on finance anyway, so they could just claim the repayments without having to worry about any limits.

gGs3JW78NeY.jpg

hdH2z80YZWI.jpg

dX8x5IO0YxY.jpg
xbzbzd2-HU0.jpg
112otMWU4VU.jpg
JCtKum1SiJg.jpg
SyU4DkTRmqg.jpg
SZv8aOyfs-U.jpg

Took the car for a test drive. =)
Loved the sound and the acceleration. Pretty good visibility and the blind spot monitoring system is easy to use.
The suspension is more comfortable than on my Yaris GR SPORT.
The HUD is nice.
I didn't like the accelerator pedal dead zone. The car dealer said that it's a turbo lag. It's small but noticeable.
Funny thing- when switching to sport mode, not only the exhaust sound gets louder, the audio speakers transmit the sound in the cabin.
The front license plate ruins the design. :P
Too bad we don't have a track nearby. It's a blast to drive!

Back