Toyota Tops the List of 2018's Most-Googled Automotive Brands

Madagascar loves a Peugeot. Nicaragua loves a Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaag. They aren't baddies are they?

Last edited:
I'm curious if the company moving its US Headquarters played a significant role in those N. America searches. The last 2 months have mentioned Toyota specifically when talking about other companies moving to Dallas.

I wonder how many of those Toyota searches were "When is the new Toyota Supra released?" or "When is a faster Toyota 86 coming out?"

:P

Or, is Toyota as good as a Honda yet?

:sly:

61IwNTw0fCL._SY355_.png

Like how no info from Greenland or Papua New Guinea. Still some mad places without enough Google in places, God bless them.

I'm sure not everyone in Japan watch Best Motorig, but it's things like this that may have gotten the tuner community searching BMW.

I'm sure not everyone in Japan watch Best Motorig, but it's things like this that may have gotten the tuner community searching BMW.

I doubt it's the tuner community driving up the searching, because it's probably less than 1% of the general population. It's more likely that BMWs are seen as status symbols in Japan.

Not at all surprised by Hyundai's popularity in Costa Rica. Was just there for a week for vacation and the brand was everywhere, followed by its sister Kia, then Toyota.

I bought a Toyota right at the end of 2017, and then I bought another Toyota in 2018, and I'm helping someone buy a Toyota right now. So I'd guess that I'm responsible for at least 60,000,000 of those searches.

I would imagine a good amount of Toyota searches in the US also come from people trying to find cheap older 4X4s on Craigslist since those seem to be the big fad these days (good luck finding one that doesn't have the Toyota Tax greatly inflating its price though).

I would imagine a good amount of Toyota searches in the US also come from people trying to find cheap older 4X4s on Craigslist since those seem to be the big fad these days (good luck finding one that doesn't have the Toyota Tax greatly inflating its price though).

The Toyota Tax is the best. I managed to sell my 3-year-old Tacoma, that had seen its share of off-roading, for only a couple thousand less than I paid for it brand new. It worked out nicely.

Back