Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12, One Lap Time Trial: Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 124 comments
I thought this was one of the better Time Trials. I really liked the car and the day to night transition. The replay was fun to watch too, lots of good photo opportunities. DQd first lap, then I drove a controlled clean lap, just making sure to hit the apex of each corner and got a fairly easy gold.

I found people's responses to these events are very largely connected to how they are familiar with the track and car.

To avoid the interruptions because of disqualified, it'd be better to practice in free run. That'd be smoother and an overall better full lap experience, thus a better efficiency in practicing.

(If you don't like the car, you may turn off the auto-save. Then, after the practice, you can get back to the status before you buy the car.)

This Toyota is slow on the straight, only 190 mph. If anyone did the 24 minute race or the various GT5 TT and ASpec races the DQ zones are probably similar, I didn't find too many on this TT as I've been beaten down into staying on the track and even avoiding the curbing. I cringe going through that last chicane not wanting to waste 4 minutes.

The car seems really weak. The P1 cars in 2012 were hitting anywhere between 204-208mph on this circuit. I got gold on my second lap and didn't even see the speedometer hit 190. Even my gold time was about 15 seconds slower than what they were averaging. I wonder if it's just the set-up here as I have not yet bought my own to play around with. Or maybe there's a hick-up with the hybrid drive in the game. I noticed in cockpit view that the percentage bar to the right would completely deplete in less than a second coming onto the straight for the start.

Probably due to the change in FF of the T500RS, I barely managed gold today.
Driving the car on the straights is a real nightmare. It feels as if al bolts in the cars steering systeem came loose. It rattles and shakes and you have to concentrate for 100%, or you lose the car.
This is really no fun.

The car seems really weak. The P1 cars in 2012 were hitting anywhere between 204-208mph on this circuit. I got gold on my second lap and didn't even see the speedometer hit 190. Even my gold time was about 15 seconds slower than what they were averaging. I wonder if it's just the set-up here as I have not yet bought my own to play around with. Or maybe there's a hick-up with the hybrid drive in the game. I noticed in cockpit view that the percentage bar to the right would completely deplete in less than a second coming onto the straight for the start.
That's because your are using the stock setup on this TT. When I do a lap with my setup, I hit 209-210 mph.

What TC are people using with DS3 please? going t give it another crack tonight, just annoying with you cannt carry on with a lap if you go off track abit.

I remember when I did my lap there was this one corner that made the car become unsettled and it twitched and looking at the reply it looked like nothing but when I actually did it during the lap it felt huge. Fun seasonal in my opinion :)

Hello everyone!

There are some people in here, that in the Seasonal Events run with 2-3, even more, profiles.

I will start with a typical case of CRANK_U1 and Don_One79, the same person with two accounts, which in previous editions with Suzuki in Apricot Hill Race way, made two times very high in the rankings. He was 1th and 32th. Now in Madrid he is still running with these two accounts, and he is 27th and 33th by now!

Another classic case is the OTS_SAW-IV and OTS_moh and, very possibly, with a third account as THC_CP-E

I want to ask you:
Why don’t you choose only one account, of the many, in each event?
Is it right?
Do you think that in this way your country is better advertised?
Why are you still doing this?
Do you know that you injustice thousands at a time world in the world, where all the remaining “clean” players are struggling for a good position in the rankings?
Do you respect all these guys?
If someone finished in the 100th position, is this his true position? Or he could be 3, 5, 10 or more places higher?
Would you love to do this to you?
Can you finally stop this injustice?

Do you know about the FAIR PLAY??? If not, you can read it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportsmanship

All these are not just for these two people, but also for those from other countries using the same tactics!

Also, I write all these because I feel underprivileged.

I think we can have a clean Leaderboards. It is up to us!

Hello everyone!

There are some people in here, that in the Seasonal Events run with 2-3, even more, profiles.

I will start with a typical case of CRANK_U1 and Don_One79, the same person with two accounts, which in previous editions with Suzuki in Apricot Hill Race way, made two times very high in the rankings. He was 1th and 32th. Now in Madrid he is still running with these two accounts, and he is 27th and 33th by now!

Another classic case is the OTS_SAW-IV and OTS_moh and, very possibly, with a third account as THC_CP-E

I want to ask you:
Why don’t you choose only one account, of the many, in each event?
Is it right?
Do you think that in this way your country is better advertised?
Why are you still doing this?
Do you know that you injustice thousands at a time world in the world, where all the remaining “clean” players are struggling for a good position in the rankings?
Do you respect all these guys?
If someone finished in the 100th position, is this his true position? Or he could be 3, 5, 10 or more places higher?
Would you love to do this to you?
Can you finally stop this injustice?

Do you know about the FAIR PLAY??? If not, you can read it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportsmanship

All these are not just for these two people, but also for those from other countries using the same tactics!

Also, I write all these because I feel underprivileged.

I think we can have a clean Leaderboards. It is up to us!
:rolleyes:

It's not the Le Mans version of the car. It's the high downforce version that raced the rest of the season. That's why it's not fast in a straight line.

Time speedup is why the hybrid is running out so fast.

+1

Why does it matter if someone has multiple PSN accounts? Do you even know if they are all used by the same person? Seriously, GTFO.

Well... it was the case a lot of times in GT5. There were at least 1 or 2 people doing it (every TT) that were certainly up there. They make it pretty obvious, but that's not the point. It's a cheap move to take top positions.

Keep losing it on the Dunlop Chicane. I'd say I'm losing 2 sec on that one turn. After my second full run of three, I got a 3:44:169 I think

Ok, as with the other TT, I decided to give this a try just to get the damn paint chip :lol:....mission accomplished. 3:50.720 is good enough for me. I'm done.

Is it me or do the front wheels seem to hate being in contact with the road?! My DFGT is clunking and crashing all over the place as well, especially going over the crest into the left-hander after the first chicane. And you definitely can't let go of the wheel on the straight! I like it :D

Not happy about the DQing though, it's hard to get a rhythm when your restarting all the time and my time is probably 10 seconds less than I'm capable of because I'm to scared to risk having to start a new lap:ouch: Still, gold was easy on my first full lap.

Strange how it's so much slower than real life, usually it's the opposite. The car doesn't seem to be set up for Le Mans either, I barely got into 6th gear on the straight

Ran No aids - TCS=0 ABS=0 DS=3
car sounded - lacking.
But the Toyota was nice enough in the corners. Took two laps to gold. I was a bit put off when my pals Blue Lines overtook me before I even got manual control as I headed into the Ford chicanes!

I think I was a bit lucky with when I chose to brake at times, but the car was pretty twitchy with no driver aids, out of slow corners ( into them too!) the car felt uncomfortable at first, but it is designed for high speed economy and I guess more track time would let a driver feel out the balance of the car. I enjoyed the mild oversteer out of slower corners - Dab of Oppo, and I was away.

I didn't like the accelerated day/night transition - It is pretty: but the uncanny valley is jarring to my non-alien brain.
(Do the people at PD save our replays - then play them back super slow so that our laps seem to take a full day to complete as our Toyota TS030 crawls along at 3 miles per hour...)

Is it me or do the front wheels seem to hate being in contact with the road?! My DFGT is clunking and crashing all over the place as well, especially going over the crest into the left-hander after the first chicane. And you definitely can't let go of the wheel on the straight! I like it :D

Not happy about the DQing though, it's hard to get a rhythm when your restarting all the time and my time is probably 10 seconds less than I'm capable of because I'm to scared to risk having to start a new lap:ouch: Still, gold was easy on my first full lap.

Strange how it's so much slower than real life, usually it's the opposite. The car doesn't seem to be set up for Le Mans either, I barely got into 6th gear on the straight

Yeah, my DFGT was trying to pull out of my hands. I've only run one lap so far. Got a 3:57.788... I will now start looking for where I'm losing a lot of time. I didn't want to DQ and have to start over, so I have a clean but wimpy lap that I can watch a quick replay of.

I love Le Mans so I thought this would be a fun event. I sure was wrong. I agree with everyone who has mention the 🤬 DQ and no practice. I also noticed that my wheel was very difficult to hold on to. I made a full lap just to see the night transition and stopped with a bronze. To me this is one of the worst handling cars I have ever driven. After another 5 DQ's I said put it away until a later date. Excellent advice received from @GTP_CargoRatt.

Back