Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12, One Lap Time Trial: Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 124 comments
I love Le Mans so I thought this would be a fun event. I sure was wrong. I agree with everyone who has mention the 🤬 DQ and no practice. I also noticed that my wheel was very difficult to hold on to. I made a full lap just to see the night transition and stopped with a bronze. To me this is one of the worst handling cars I have ever driven. After another 5 DQ's I said put it away until a later date. Excellent advice received from @GTP_CargoRatt.
You got that right. This car is just crap.

Yeah, my DFGT was trying to pull out of my hands. I've only run one lap so far. Got a 3:57.788... I will now start looking for where I'm losing a lot of time. I didn't want to DQ and have to start over, so I have a clean but wimpy lap that I can watch a quick replay of.

I didn't have any problems with my dfgt but my ffb might be different.

got gold, can get into 50s and maybe down into the 49s, so much more time for to be gained into Indianapolis and Arnage.

I did a 38 on my first lap, there's a lot more in it but not worth the risk of getting DQed.

Err haven't been on here for a while and noticed there is more jargon in use since GT5. WTF is DQ chaps? The reason you can't handle the cars might have something to do with skid recovery being off and these being mentally torquey beasts if you boot it in the wrong place (eg. Porsche curves). Off to batter some times - love Lemongey, you have to scare yourself a bit or your not driving fast enough:cheers:

Very fun driving the TS030 on La Sarthe. Got gold (3:51) on my 3rd complete lap driving conservatively with a few minor error. Can definitely get the time under 3:50 by being more aggressive and making less error. Also I dont like the day to night shift all of a sudden.

Err haven't been on here for a while and noticed there is more jargon in use since GT5. WTF is DQ chaps? The reason you can't handle the cars might have something to do with skid recovery being off and these being mentally torquey beasts if you boot it in the wrong place (eg. Porsche curves). Off to batter some times - love Lemongey, you have to scare yourself a bit or your not driving fast enough:cheers:
Disqualified, that's a common term like DNF, or is it Dairy Queen?

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 @ Circuit de la Sarthe

Did a 3:40.750 very strict with DQ system then running arcade time trial.

game controller or steering wheel ? and you set steering sensitivity to 7 (whoa) and from the looks of it you you owned the circuit nice & very clean. nice work & a fair amount of awesome too.!

This seasonal is a joke. Just load up the fast times and look at how much they cut the corners. Absolutely ridiculous that you can have 4 wheels off and completely cut corners with no penalty, but if you go slightly off onto paved apron on a straight, you get DQ'd.

game controller or steering wheel ? and you set steering sensitivity to 7 (whoa) and from the looks of it you you owned the circuit nice & very clean. nice work & a fair amount of awesome too.!

I use game controller (DS3) thumbsticks for steering/gas/break, sensitivity is always 7.

T500RS is still shaking too much, but the effect seems less compared to yesterday ??
Anyway, two more laps today shaved 5" off my best. Now at 3.47.252.

Edit: 3.46.086 (changed the FF from professional to simulation, but it seems to have no effect either way...)

Or does it ??
Now down to 3.44.587
:confused:
New edit: 3.43.007 and stil more in this.

I did a (lucky ?) lap which was at the last checkpoint over 1.8" faster than my ghost, but messed up. Shifted accidentally to first gear instead of second what caused a spin and a DSQ at the last chicane ... :banghead:
Retried several times but could not match that again.

Last edited:
T500RS is still shaking too much, but the effect seems less compared to yesterday ??
Anyway, two more laps today shaved 5" off my best. Now at 3.47.252.

Edit: 3.46.086 (changed the FF from professional to simulation, but it seems to have no effect either way...)
Try power steering

Just did my second attempt. Brought my time down 5+ seconds to 3:52.081!! 0.081 away from gold. And I know that just my run thru the chicanes at the end alone cost me at least that much time. ARGH!!!

EDIT: Had a couple DQs for being too silly, but managed to Gold on my 3rd lap. Only a 3:51.524 but I can live with that. I dont know how the hell some of you can do laps in the 3:31-3:35 range. That's FIVE seconds faster than me, PER SECTOR!!! That's just insane. I salute you guys.

Last edited:
Try power steering
Well thanks. In the end it may come to that ;)

But, apart of ABS1, I never use any assists.

I remember trying PS once (without succes) when I had my first GT game (GT5) and was struggeling with the Alfa on Eiger Nordwand (the hairpins).

Well thanks. In the end it may come to that ;)

But, apart of ABS1, I never use any assists.

I remember trying PS once (without succes) when I had my first GT game (GT5) and was struggeling with the Alfa on Eiger Nordwand (the hairpins).
Power steering isn't really an assist since this car does have power steering.

As it was instant DQ, then I took the first lap really easy and clocked a (silver) 3:58. Pushed harder through Porsche curves and got it down to 3:52.5. Then it all went pear-shaped as I tried to beat my ghost and failed miserably over the next hour(!), inc a 3:52.1. Eventually just came in under 3:52 and I was done.

Not impressed with some of the places you get DQ for hitting. I got done for being a bit too far to the right on the Mulsanne (esp direct after the second chicane) and even at Arnage, which was highly annoying as it looked OK to me (bonnet cam) and it's probably one of the slowest corners on the circuit!

Nice to have a topical seasonal TT after last week's Le Mans though. But I do prefer the seasonal races, and I won't mention the season drifting...

Power steering isn't really an assist since this car does have power steering.
Tried PS on for a few laps. It does give a slight different feel (and less pronounced than I remember from GT5). First three starts I did not even get to the startline. I was DSQ at the chicane :lol:

Also bothers me that the ghost is not doing what it is supposed to do, very annoying.

With PS I did not manage to improve my laptime and the vigorous shaking/balancing was still there, be it less than on day 1.

I decided to try this event, and after a few laps I've already had enough.

GT6 really has a thing for making utter pigs of its racing cars with the default setups; understeer galore, until you touch the accelerator when the car practically spins on the spot. It's bad enough in races, but in time trials where you have to push the car to its limits, it is absolutely diabolical. :yuck:

I managed to put up with it for the GT Academy qualifer, but this event isn't offering any real racing contracts.

The only thing that really bothers me is that the Toyota is in WEC Silverstone spec... at Le Sarthe. The spec the car is in is exactly post-LeMans24 of 2012. They should've planted this TT at Silverstone.

I was already very used to the car before the time trial, awkwardly winning the 24 minutes of LeMans in it's stock set up. The only thing that the TT gave me trouble was the DQ zone around Tetre Rouge and Mulsanne. After I learned my lesson I pressed on for easy gold and money.

Also bothers me that the ghost is not doing what it is supposed to do, very annoying
Still bothering me a lot.

Did some more laps today and managed a 3.41.221 (place 1115 at this moment).

EDIT: 3.40.712 (place 914)

Last edited:
Back