Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12, One Lap Time Trial: Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 124 comments
As I did this event, I was thinking to myself that this car is one of the best handling LMPs in the game.
I second this. I still have to baby it out of corners, but I'm very surprised by how well it handles. High powered cars are usually a nightmare for me (the recent FXX TT at Monza comes to mind), yet this car is so well behaved that I wonder if SRF is secretly on.

Last edited:
ONe of my favorite Seasonal events so far and you can tackle the corners so nicely with this car. My times so far is miles away compared to you guys :(

Wow this ones tough after coming from the VW TT! :eek: I think I may be focusing too much on charging the damn hybrid system though. :lol:

Wow this ones tough after coming from the VW TT! :eek: I think I may be focusing too much on charging the damn hybrid system though. :lol:
1364506958_obama-bow-king.jpg

Nice lap times!

Ok now is it just me, or did they fiddle whit the FBB over the night? I mean last night it felt really hard to keep the wheel stable on 300kmh but today it feels like it's nothing.

Tell me this is not true, please!

EDIT: Ok, never mind, maybe my hands were just getting tired.

Last edited:
Lol thank you wilson! I'll be chasing you on the Nürb hopefully by this weekend! I've had to step up my game to catch you.

The funny thing about this TT with the ghosts starting before the line is you'll be behind your own ghost and see blue numbers and it's a total mind:censored:. I dot think I was ever even with your line at the start of the lap!

ODB
Hey now WTF is THIS :D i'm stuck on reverse view, now this is new :D

EDIT: Ok now don't mind about this either, whats the matter whit me today, Am I having stroke :D

Your PS3 could be possessed. :crazy:
ps3-cover-art-screaming-skull.jpg

Managed to knock a second off my lap to 3:43.6.

Lol thank you wilson! I'll be chasing you on the Nürb hopefully by this weekend! I've had to step up my game to catch you.

The funny thing about this TT with the ghosts starting before the line is you'll be behind your own ghost and see blue numbers and it's a total mind:censored:. I dot think I was ever even with your line at the start of the lap!

I thought about running the TS030 TT to see where you made that second on me, but for some reason I couldn't see anyone's lines. I couldn't even load my own ghost. Tried it several times with the same result. The VW VGT TT was fine though. :confused:

Last edited:

The easiest seasonal I've done, managed to gold it on the first try. This from my 2nd attempt as I thought I could be faster and only managed to get two seconds faster.

I don't get the appeal of watching a virtual driver for 3 minutes. :odd:

It makes me wanting do to the same thing !
Only to see if the wheel is balancing and shaking on the Mulsanne straight. My T500RS still does that (be it less vigourous than the first days) and apparently for no reason, since this guys wheel does not....

@RACECAR thanks for the idea 👍
Btw: does your own wheel goes bezerk ?

I don't get the appeal of watching a virtual driver for 3 minutes. I'm guessing you did this for the Nurb TT as well. :odd:

And every seasonal with the new cars (Along with the GT Academy Time Trials and even my sound fix videos). I just always liked the replay cockpit views since GT5 so that's what I've always done since then. Problem?

It makes me wanting do to the same thing !
Only to see if the wheel is balancing and shaking on the Mulsanne straight. My T500RS still does that (be it less vigourous than the first days) and apparently for no reason, since this guys wheel does not....

@RACECAR thanks for the idea 👍
Btw: does your own wheel goes bezerk ?

Actually, I use a DS3 as I unfortunately haven't been able to get my wheel to work with GT6.

The easiest seasonal I've done, managed to gold it on the first try. This from my 2nd attempt as I thought I could be faster and only managed to get two seconds faster.

I genuinely thought i was watching the real thing until i seen your madrid post :lol: crazy stuff :eek:

And every seasonal with the new cars (Along with the GT Academy Time Trials and even my sound fix videos). I just always liked the replay cockpit views since GT5 so that's what I've always done since then. Problem?
Not at all. Different folks different strokes.

Actually, I use a DS3 as I unfortunately haven't been able to get my wheel to work with GT6.
This gets really weird !
Just watched the replay of my fastest lap. The steering wheel actually DOES shake like the T500RS does :confused:

Clear difference compared to your vid...

Last edited:
Anyone notice if you exit the chicane slow at the start of the lap you get more speed crossing the line? Very strange :confused:

Anyone notice if you exit the chicane slow at the start of the lap you get more speed crossing the line? Very strange :confused:

Yes, I noticed also. I think it's related to the hybrid thingy. You can see a percentage bar in cockpit view, which depletes when you floor it. I use Bumper cam so was unaware at first.

Relaxing around first chicane will not use it up.

It recharges when braking I think. 👍

Ran this today, PD has changed the track limits quite alot, and it was a nightmare for me at first, as I DQ'd everything everytime. Once I got the hang of where the line was, It was a fun trial.:) I dont like the fact that you get a DQ screen instead of a red lap, thats just stupid.:yuck:
As I said, the track limits has been adjusted, and its certainly to the better, except for the exit of Arnage. WTF where PD thinking there?:confused:

Anyway, the key here is managing that hybrid system, the car is insanely powerful when you have full boost. (for about a second:lol:) The boost is probably upwards of 300bhp from the feel of it. Focus on your exits and you'll get a good time, It's also worth mentioning that you should rev the car to the absolute limit, that is just before the the rev limit. I shifted at redline, thinking it didn't make much of a difference, Oh how wrong I was.:crazy:

In the end I got down to 3:31.945 I have another 4 tenths to get, but it ends tomorrow and I have to do the nurb TT aswell, so I'm happy with it:)

Oh, and PD fixed the ghost lines, they start at the start/finish line now. (like they should):D

et_
Ran this today, PD has changed the track limits quite alot, and it was a nightmare for me at first, as I DQ'd everything everytime. Once I got the hang of where the line was, It was a fun trial.:) I dont like the fact that you get a DQ screen instead of a red lap, thats just stupid.:yuck:
As I said, the track limits has been adjusted, and its certainly to the better, except for the exit of Arnage. WTF where PD thinking there?:confused:

Anyway, the key here is managing that hybrid system, the car is insanely powerful when you have full boost. (for about a second:lol:) The boost is probably upwards of 300bhp from the feel of it. Focus on your exits and you'll get a good time, It's also worth mentioning that you should rev the car to the absolute limit, that is just before the the rev limit. I shifted at redline, thinking it didn't make much of a difference, Oh how wrong I was.:crazy:

In the end I got down to 3:31.945 I have another 4 tenths to get, but it ends tomorrow and I have to do the nurb TT aswell, so I'm happy with it:)

Oh, and PD fixed the ghost lines, they start at the start/finish line now. (like they should):D

Haven't had a glue abaut the boost sustem. Is there an actual way to "abuse" in a way you can make "easy" improvment? Pretty happy whit my 3:36xx effort but always keen to find ways to improve.

ODB
Haven't had a glue abaut the boost sustem. Is there an actual way to "abuse" in a way you can make "easy" improvment? Pretty happy whit my 3:36xx effort but always keen to find ways to improve.
Well, it gives you boost out of the corners, but it doesn't last very long, so make sure you dont spin anything away (as with every car) The difference I noticed is that this car doesn't benefit from a smooth throttle application, I found the best way was to slow down a little bit more, point the car in the right direction, and floor it. as long as that doesn't make the wheels spin of course.:)

et_
Well, it gives you boost out of the corners, but it doesn't last very long, so make sure you dont spin anything away (as with every car) The difference I noticed is that this car doesn't benefit from a smooth throttle application, I found the best way was to slow down a little bit more, point the car in the right direction, and floor it. as long as that doesn't make the wheels spin of course.:)

Well I kinda figured I started doing something right at some point since my lap time dropped some 2 secs, and at that point I think my muscle memory started to pick some old memories from days I used to hot lap sarthe whit minolta in GT4. The way I used to drive through sarthe in minolta is quite similar to what you just described. Thanks, just wanted to know if I was doing something totally wrong :)

Ok just did a couple of laps and now that I know about the boost it does help a bit. I'ts really only a bit, but now I at least know not to spend it in wrong places. I really wish id knew about this like 2 weeks a go :D

Last edited:
When i first bought my new wheel, i thought that there is no chance that i'm going to be as fast as i was with the DS3. Now! And after nearly two months. This is the first time that i cannot beat my wheel time using DS3.

Did a 3:34.4 in p29 for now, and there is room for 4 or 5 tenths to shave:cheers:

When i first bought my new wheel, i thought that there is no chance that i'm going to be as fast as i was with the DS3. Now! And after nearly two months. This is the first time that i cannot beat my wheel time using DS3.

Did a 3:34.4 in p29 for now, and there is room for 4 or 5 tenths to shave:cheers:
Well done mate! And you'll just get faster from now on.:cheers:

Back