Toyota Will Start Building Old Supra Parts Too

Never mind parts, they should build and sell entire cars of the old shape, it's so much more attractive than the hideous new car.

Never mind parts, they should build and sell entire cars of the old shape, it's so much more attractive than the hideous new car.
Or you can just buy an old Supra. With some touch ups here and there and these new parts Toyota will produce you can probably make it feel like it's fresh out of the factory. And taking care of it will make it run practically forever.

Besides, it'd cost a fortune to build more old Supras, since they'd need to be completely different under the hood, literally, to comply with current emmision and safety standards. And production would certainly be low as few people would want it, and even fewer people could afford it. Which means that very few people would end up actually buying one. Which means it gets more expensive. And so on.

Or you can just buy an old Supra. With some touch ups here and there and these new parts Toyota will produce you can probably make it feel like it's fresh out of the factory. And taking care of it will make it run practically forever.

Besides, it'd cost a fortune to build more old Supras, since they'd need to be completely different under the hood, literally, to comply with current emmision and safety standards. And production would certainly be low as few people would want it, and even fewer people could afford it. Which means that very few people would end up actually buying one. Which means it gets more expensive. And so on.
Not knocking it, but this response is way too serious given the post it's directed at was really just a bit of whining.

Not knocking it, but this response is way too serious given the post it's directed at was really just a bit of whining.

Considering the fact that we had one guy literally make a burner account to bitch about the A90 for two months, and get continually pantsed because he had an irrational hate boner for the A90 as an A80 owner, I think the response was probably justified.

Yes, I wasn't totally serious, and did know that they'd have to change loads of things to make the old car legal by current standards. But when the old car was recent, someone had one in the block of flats where I lived, and I thought it was a stunning car. The new car, I just have zero desire to own one. It isn't that I think all old cars are more attractive than new cars, as some new cars are attractive, like the Jaguar F-Type, but the latest Supra really does look utterly hideous to me, with no flow to its shape, it's like a disjointed mess of shapes cobbled together.

giphy.gif

I shudder to think at just how expensive that'll be.
Pretty sure there would be plenty of people ordering new 2JZs along with A90s, just so they can fulfill their #howitshouldhavebeen fantasies.

Back