TPC International GT. REMAINING ROUNDS CANCELLED.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 434 comments

The Red Bull Ring round feature race should be . .

• Wet

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Dry

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@MaxAttack - you got a wheel! Nice one!

Enjoyable couple of races, for different reasons.

Qually - I wanted a 1:34 qually time and got one, so happy with that. Slightly slower than I managed in practice this afternoon, but mid/high 34s was my pace.

Race 1 - half decent start, but the faster drivers just pulled away. Was then in a battle with @Adam Barber for most of the race. He over took me on the last lap in sector 2. Nice move. Good racing!

Race 2 - the first few laps were a bit of a blur as it all shook out. Sorry for any taps. I thought about an early stop to avoid people battling. @GT5Apex was in on lap 5. He was in front of me. I came in a lap later. Didn't take any tyres and came out about 6/7 seconds in front. @GT5Apex - did you take new tyres or have a bad out lap? I started to make errors towards the end when I was pretty consistent from pitting until about lap18/19. I managed to hold on for by about 2 seconds.

@Adam Barber What happened to you in race 2?

That was some fun racing!!!

Congrats to the podiums guys and to everyone really. I think everyone had some good running in at least one of the races.

I can’t really remember race 1 except I was chasing @Spinerkopin with everything but I just couldn’t match your commitment through the final 2 corners 👍

Race 2 started off really well and I think we all got through the senna s without killing anyone?? I think we spent about 4 laps 3 wide with people trying anything to find what limited space was left. It was kind of strange as people pitted with the new pit length the field was really spread out, never really knew where you were.
Had a great little battle with @PaoloMX @Tea_Leaves @DelboyD @RacingGrandpa in the mid part of the race. (Great close racing guys that was a lot of fun :cheers:). I think Tea Leaves had the best of us in the end and I assume Delboy and Paolo took on new tyres as I came out with a gap after my stop.
But yh fun race. Preferred the softs over the mediums this time out. I just couldn’t get the nose in on the mediums at all.

Shout out to @GOTMAXPOWER for the 88s of penalties :lol:.
Here’s to hoping the ballast Gods look favourably upon us for next round :bowdown:.

Shout out to @GOTMAXPOWER for the 88s of penalties :lol:.
Not gonna lie, that was kind of harsh:

Aside from the stewards being dicks and the first lap crash that was the best race I've driven this season, I was doing mid 37s pretty much all race even when the tyres started to go, I was catching @Adam Barber too. With a perfect race I could've taken 12th but I'm happy with 13th anyway :cheers:

Not gonna lie, that was kind of harsh:

giphy.gif

There must be some lag if you were banging fenders with an invisible car.

I had two good races. I finished near the end in #1 and dfl in #2.
Running softs gave the car the grip needed to have confidence in running really close to others. Me and @Granadier ran half a lap side by side trying to get ahead, eventually he did.
Race two was a little more uncertain with grip but I managed to gain slowly but steadily on @ABarber95 - Livery Wizard through the infield. The Mustang was a real sleeper there.
Well, eventually I put a tire in the grass and spun. Before I was going again the gap was 18 seconds.
After that I had trouble keeping my pace and I slowly got further and further behind.
But the Mustang was really great to drive and I had a lot of fun!

That was a fun couple of races. Was lucky to get a first points score in race 1, only because @Michelin Man went off track for the last corner in his battle with @Tea_Leaves and we both had to play chicken at the end to scrub penalties.

For race 2 the early laps had some really close battling. A fun battle with @Kermit_2142 which I nearly ruined by driving into the pit wall by mistake.

I think the guys that pitted early to get out of traffic had the best strategy. Normally I find with interlagos conserving tyres then putting later has worked for me (dailies and fia) but here I wished I hadn’t changed them. The mediums were really odd, I could never trust they were going to be the same each lap, unlike the softs.

It was nice to come out again for some racing, and despite a severe lack of any practice (it showed at times!), I had a very enjoyable event.

My form around Interlagos in Gr.4 is up-and-down at best, mainly because I'm terrible at taking The Senna S consistently in the same manner, so its a corner I despise. Aside from that, there was great racing across the board.

Had a nice little tussle with @Tea_Leaves in race 1 as his 'Stang hunted us down, that thing was much better in the infield than expected! It culminated in me going wide at T12 (Mergulho) on the last lap, in bid to get a good exit for the final turn. Classic bottle jobbing on my part again :lol:. The NSX doesn't like grass, who would have thought? 4th turned into 6th as @PaoloMX got us, but I had a laugh so it's all good.

Race 2 started off better than expected, managed to make up places early on, helped by a handy tow from @El_Beardo in the first stint. Apologies for the nudge at T4, got way too greedy on the brakes there, thankfully it wasn't disastrous. Apart from a few boo-boos by myself into T1 (no casualties thankfully), race went well for 5th in the end I believe.

Really good event all round 👍.

Apologies for my rubbish driving everyone, still trying to wrap my head around this wheel lark.

If any of you reserves are interested in doing the remaining races I'd consider trading out my seat so I can train up a bit more :)

No harm was caused and your presence on track is always welcomed, all part of the learning curve jumping to a wheel. I imagine it can be frustrating as I still occasionally use my ancient Driving Force for older games, and struggle similarly to adapt being so used to pad. If you stick through, it will no doubt pay off, regardless of how much practice you can get time for. As long its fun at the end of the day :cheers:.

Last edited:
@MaxAttack - you got a wheel! Nice one!

Enjoyable couple of races, for different reasons.

Qually - I wanted a 1:34 qually time and got one, so happy with that. Slightly slower than I managed in practice this afternoon, but mid/high 34s was my pace.

Race 1 - half decent start, but the faster drivers just pulled away. Was then in a battle with @Adam Barber for most of the race. He over took me on the last lap in sector 2. Nice move. Good racing!

Race 2 - the first few laps were a bit of a blur as it all shook out. Sorry for any taps. I thought about an early stop to avoid people battling. @GT5Apex was in on lap 5. He was in front of me. I came in a lap later. Didn't take any tyres and came out about 6/7 seconds in front. @GT5Apex - did you take new tyres or have a bad out lap? I started to make errors towards the end when I was pretty consistent from pitting until about lap18/19. I managed to hold on for by about 2 seconds.

@Adam Barber What happened to you in race 2?

Didn't quite have the same pace relative compaired to the softer tyres. I also got a little stuck at the start behind a couple of power cars and couldn't do anything. Looking forward to Laguna Seca, should be way better for the Cayman.

Latest Posts

Back