TPC International GT. REMAINING ROUNDS CANCELLED.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 434 comments

The Red Bull Ring round feature race should be . .

• Wet

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Dry

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That one was interesting. First race went OK, settled into 2nd (let's get real, with guy's like Evo in the room, the race is for 2nd place anyway) and tried my best to keep up, but started making stupid mistakes and almost binned it once so I backed off.

Second race I struggled to get a rhythm going on the medium tires for the first 1/3 of the race. Tried my best to cleanly move through the field. After a few decided to pit I just stayed out and enjoyed running in the front for a while. Came in and took tires (the transit on this pit lane is crazy) I came out in 6th or 7th hoping the new tires would give me some speed. A few others pit so made my way up to 4th and caught the lead pack. Unfortunately the 3rd place car decided that blocking and weaving was the move so as I fought to get around them 5th place caught up and we scrapped it out for a lap or two and it got a bit ugly. But I was tired of being pushed around so kept my nose in there and finally succeeded in getting 3rd. By then the leaders were in another zip code. It's really disheartening to catch a lead pack like that and watch half of them pull away as you struggle to get around someone that clearly doesn't have the same pace.

I'll take the podium I guess.

Last edited:
That was a fun race, the Lexus could get stuck in and compete for the first time in a few rounds, the tyres started to go off towards the end but the defensive driving was a nice challenge too. Congratulations to @Philtaylor17 and @Spinerkopin nobody could match your pace in either race today. I thought everybody had a good fun race until I read this steaming pile of a post from the championships resident Robby Gordon impersonator...

It's really disheartening to catch a lead pack like that and watch half of them pull away as you struggle to get around someone that clearly doesn't have the same pace.
It's a race for position, we had both made our mandatory pitstops get over yourself.

Unfortunately the 3rd place car decided that blocking and weaving was the move
and it got a bit ugly.
I think by 'blocking and weaving' you mean taking a defensive line and covering the inside, and by 'got a bit ugly' you mean driving straight into the back of me at the Corkscrew and then using the dirty tyres to finally get an overtake done on a car that is so much slower? Maybe if your pace was so good you would've used the massive overcut to actually come out ahead of the slow car (which somehow qualified ahead of you :confused:). I'm sure you'll watch the replay in the morning and apologise for this post 👍

To everybody else thanks for the race, great fun as usual.

But I was tired of being pushed around so kept my nose in there and finally succeeded in getting 3rd

If you say so...All I can see upon checking both replays is good, hard but fair racing. I think you're overreacting in all honesty.

And I presume you're referring to lap 24 when you, myself and @GOTMAXPOWER went 3-wide into T2? Only thing I can see, is you got 2 wheels onto the gravel after some minor contact. Apologies if you felt "wronged" somehow, but I don't think we could have done much else. Myself and GMP couldn't just disappear with the room we had. I mean, I could say something about your push-to-pass into the following corner to take 3rd, but I'm chilled about it all. So I won't bother getting stressed, nothing was intentional anyway and it's all a bit of fun.

-----

Considering my mixed record around Laguna, and an irrational hatred for sausage kerbs, that went a lot better than expected. I did nearly bin it 3-times in race 1 though, how I didn't completely die I don't know. Had a great little battle initially with @GT5Apex, then @Kermit_2142 and @Pigems. Which included surviving a 3-wide excursion through the corkscrew; caused by me losing control, again. But in my defense, I got the excuses in early by saying apologies for any poor driving prior to the race :lol:.

Race 2 was another frantic affair, and this time no trips to the sand were had at least. Gambled on changing tyres at the early stop, after I followed @Philtaylor17 in. Seemed to pay off, as it allowed for some fresh air on track, and the better tyres helped later on. Had another great battle with @Kermit_2142's Jag, who had us sweating in the latter laps! And a great battle with @GOTMAXPOWER for a lap or so after some smart, defensive driving sir 👍.

Overall, cheers:cheers: for a great couple of races.

Last edited:
and by 'got a bit ugly' you mean driving straight into the back of me at the Corkscrew and then using the dirty tyres to finally get an overtake done on a car that is so much slower?
I waited for you to recover. Because that's what I do.
which somehow qualified ahead of you :confused:
I mean, reverse grid....
I'm sure you'll watch the replay in the morning and apologise for this post
Probably not.
I mean, I could say something about your push-to-pass into the following corner to take 3rd, but I'm chilled about it all.
Had a nose in there and wasn't giving it up. You and I wouldn't have been battling if I wasn't being held up anyway.

Had a nose in there and wasn't giving it up. You and I wouldn't have been battling if I wasn't being held up anyway.

:rolleyes:

Clearly. I'd call the move desperate and rash if I didn't find it so funny to be honest :lol:. It's not my fault you got frustrated and couldn't find a way past GMP. Who was well within his rights to defend, and did so cleanly as far I could see. You ended up running into the back of him at least once. That's on you.

It's part of racing, you take it as it is. no need to make a mountain out of a molehill. No need to make it so serious. Either way, you do you, at least I'm wary for next time to give extra space, should I be near you on track 👍.

----

Anyway I'll leave it at, don't want to convolute this thread with a petty discussion.

Last edited:
You ended up running into the back of him at least once. That's on you
Brake zones are a big harder to judge when you're in cockpit view in low light with a car in front of you. If I hit someone on accident (and they always are because I'm not a total dick) I wait for them to recover and continue.
Either way, you do you, at least I'm weary for next time to give extra space, should I be near you next time on track
Well I will be skipping the next round because I don't like the track and I'll miss the round on the 18th because vacation so have fun without me.

I'll share the first 2 laps of the second race here since they were good fun, great driving with @RacingGrandpa to both make it through that :cheers:
Those 3 first laps where so much fun. I was doing my best to defend, isn't that the whole point of reverse grid? I wasn't about to let anyone through easy, but once you got overlap I make room.
And I'm never nervous when it's you behind me, I know you will pass as soon as possible but clean.

Thanks all!

Edit: someone please share the replay of race 2, since I did a DNF I couldn't save it.

Last edited:
Great to see people making friends :lol::cheers:.

I haven’t watched the replay yet but from that clip shared ; @GOTMAXPOWER your going to have to teach us some of those first lap moves, it’s like you can see into the future or something :lol:. Great effort from @RacingGrandpa for putting up a fight the first few laps, I didn’t realise @El_Beardo ran off which set off that chain reaction costing both of you and maybe a few others too, really unfortunate how that played out, hopefully better luck next time out for everyone involved.

I wasn’t overly confident going into this round with Laguna being a bit of a bogey circuit for myself. The Jag felt good in warm up and I was fairly happy with my conservative lines making sure not to put myself in the sand.

Qualifying however didn’t go so well and even though I really pushed I think I qualified 11th. Everybody was absolutely flying!!

I don’t remember much from race 1, @PaoloMX lost it big time coming down the hill, not sure how but that was one hell of a tank slapper you had there!!
I think a couple others must have run off too as I ended up kind of on the back of the pack but struggling to keep up. Picked up a couples track limit pens whilst avoiding @Michelin Man and had to settle for 7th (ish).

Race 2 was really good fun, with a decent start and it kind of bottlenecked on lap 2 down the corkscrew but we mostly survived. Knowing overtaking was tricky I planned not to take tyres so was fairly conservative in the early stages.

Lapping in 3rd with the fast boys approaching and the intensity building. @Spinerkopin pulled a blinder on me round the outside of t3 and then I blew the uphill left before the corkscrew trying to keep up costing me a few seconds.

Once pit stops were said and done I was not far behind Spiner with @GOTMAXPOWER and Sweeney further ahead. I didn't have the pace to catch them so was hoping GMP would be up to his usual defensive driving tactics and I could pinch a couple last minute spots.

@R1600Turbo caught me up so fast I picked up a pen crying at the delta instead of watching where I was going :lol:. So decided to let him by, bleed my pen and grab his tow to try and catch the group ahead.

I was around 1s from the group and got full frontal of them 3 wide into t3 and somehow surviving :cheers:. GMP was clearly struggling with tyres and I was able to sneak past before he was able to settle into his defensive lines.

With 3 to go I pushed 110% to catch Sweeney, (struggling from memory) not sure if I tried a move and failed or never had a chance but either way I had to settle for p5 (ish). Great drive sir 👍.

A much better pair of results than I was anticipating and another fun round, thanks everyone for a great race 👍.

I haven’t watched the replay yet but from that clip shared ; @GOTMAXPOWER your going to have to teach us some of those first lap moves, it’s like you can see into the future or something :lol:.
You're all too predictable :sly:. The Lexus is brutal on its tyres so the fronts are up to temperature immediately (especially compared to the wheels), you have to get what you can whilst you can then defend.

I was going to say after the race on Sunday (before I got distracted by the bull:censored: attack on here) how nice it was to see some different cars running up at the front, @GT5Apex was flying in race 1 in the M4 and @Tea_Leaves was having a good run in the Mustang in the 2nd race. Both of those cars have struggled so far.

I'm guessing the big cars will have front tyre issues again at Big Willow and the first sector of the Nurburgring (unless it is moved to the big boy version :D) but we should have a good fight at the final round.

Back