TPC (not TPC) Invitational Golf Open (on PGA 2K21)

• Thread starter O604
  • 103 comments
Canada
Canada
Kaizen-Teian
Hello everyone, if you have time this weekend, please join in for a fun round of golf on this month's PS+ free game, PGA 2K21.

Either together or solo. Course and level settings to be posted later. Please note, I'm still new to the game so this may not go so smoothly. :D

Together: Sat. October 16. EST PM? Would like to work on a time that works for the most people so let me know if you're interested.

Solo: For those who can't make it. Submit a round with the settings and post here within 24hrs

Any additional tips or suggestions are welcome.

I believe it's only 4 people at a time in the lobby

What I'd suggest is making a 'society' in game and then you can schedule rounds to be within certain dates that everyone can try in their own time - so it's basically your solo suggestion but the game will keep track of scores for you. Though that does take away playing at the same time with others

Count Me In Lets Go GIF

I believe it's only 4 people at a time in the lobby

What I'd suggest is making a 'society' in game and then you can schedule rounds to be within certain dates that everyone can try in their own time - so it's basically your solo suggestion but the game will keep track of scores for you. Though that does take away playing at the same time with others
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a Society set up. In case we need it.

Golf day. Raining here, so I'm available anytime today. Hopefully some of us can hook up for a round. :D

I set up a Society Event. Not sure how it works. I'll send invites if requested.

Apologies. I must have set it up wrong. But cannot end the event or start a new one. :crazy: :guilty:

Last edited:
Golf day. Raining here, so I'm available anytime today. Hopefully some of us can hook up for a round. :D

I set up a Society Event. Not sure how it works. I'll send invites if requested.

Apologies. I must have set it up wrong. But cannot end the event or start a new one. :crazy: :guilty:

You have to tell us what to search for. Its a tedious process. Besides @roamingbard13 has one up if you search “the pit crew” I did request an invite to it.

Last edited:
You have to tell us what to search for. Its a tedious process. Besides @roamingbard13 has one up if you search “the pit crew” I did request an invite to it.
Thanks. Search isn't great.

Back-up plan. Took a screenshot of the settings.

It's an easier course. I'm using White tee offs, go longer if you like. Please play along at home. I'll start soon. put up my score shortly. (After quick run to the store).

PGA TOUR 2K21_20211016173637.jpg

Last edited:
Was doing great, 6 under after 8 and had missed the easiest putt so far. Then 9th my ball goes for a swim, get a double bogey and 4 under heading back.

6 under on the back for a -10 and I feel I should have been at least -14, still not a bad round only a couple of horrible mistakes.

Last edited:
My plan was to play a round this morning and post a much improved score. Fail. :lol:

Still a few hours. Maybe 1 more try. I swear I'm better than this.

Had a go. After a bit of warm up I got loaded and tried out the south winds. Still spanked a few really random shots that have me puzzled, but my putting somehow bailed me out. Nailed at least 5 putts over 30ft.
8 under I think
17c92a8bc2833-2310EABBF30A9F3F777.357431F0449CFDBC_message_418444024800447_1634546971876.jpg

Thanks for playing along. I declare Norrin Radd, The_359 and phreelickz TPC Champions of Golf in Europe, America and Oceania. :cheers:
OK I had a little look at this society thingy and it seems pretty simple. Anyway I set on up "GTS GOLF DRIVE" and made it closed so you just have to ask to join. I did 2 events one starts today and lasts all week, then the next for a week. So if you want to check it out, enter or if you think you can do it better I'm happy to let someone else take it. If you want me to do it I expect suggestions for events and need to know if you want entry fees and prizes or just for fun.
I figured setting each event for one week was best as then there's no rush to play it, get practice on the course if needed.

OK I had a little look at this society thingy and it seems pretty simple. Anyway I set on up "GTS GOLF DRIVE" and made it closed so you just have to ask to join. I did 2 events one starts today and lasts all week, then the next for a week. So if you want to check it out, enter or if you think you can do it better I'm happy to let someone else take it. If you want me to do it I expect suggestions for events and need to know if you want entry fees and prizes or just for fun.
I figured setting each event for one week was best as then there's no rush to play it, get practice on the course if needed.
So how do I look this up exactly? Is it in game or what? And i need to send the friend request anyway, but also send the join request in game too? I'm sure there's a button for that if needed

So how do I look this up exactly? Is it in game or what? And i need to send the friend request anyway, but also send the join request in game too? I'm sure there's a button for that if needed
I changed it to public, can't see it being an issue after checking out a few others, so go to "societies" hit "join society" "L3" for search then enter "GTS GOLF DRIVE" and join

Since we have some who joined I figured I set a target for you all. Not a great round, maybe the stupid hat or glasses but really more likely I'm getting better so trying harder shots and mucking up. Still a no bogey round of -9 is OK, but I feel it's no where good enough.
Good luck to any others.

Since we have some who joined I figured I set a target for you all. Not a great round, maybe the stupid hat or glasses but really more likely I'm getting better so trying harder shots and mucking up. Still a no bogey round of -9 is OK, but I feel it's no where good enough.
Good luck to any others.
I just went in and gave it a round cold. Not a good idea. It seems to take me at least 9 holes to figure out the swing mechanics again. And then I'm still prone to some really random undefinable 'slow' swings. And even with some driving range practice I can't figure out what the hell I've done wrong. It does make it interesting recovering out of the rough.
So I had a 3 bogey round come out at -2. Will have a proper warm up tomorrow and give it a proper go. The rounds do seem to take longer this way as it is running something to really slow it down between holes. Either that or all of us really were on at the same time just now.

Last edited:
I tried to go back and do another round last night. But it is 1 and done. Fine with me, we need more things done that way, but I'll push to be warmed up for the next one. Tested a round at the next event and was 8 under so hopefully I can give you guys competition next week

I'm probably a little late to the party but I've been loving the game so far! I think a GTPlanet/TPC society is a great idea, the golf fanbase is definitely gonna grow with the free game.
I don't know if PS+ is required to join a society as I straight up bpught the game without it, but I'm looking forward to joining when I get the chance!

I'm probably a little late to the party but I've been loving the game so far! I think a GTPlanet/TPC society is a great idea, the golf fanbase is definitely gonna grow with the free game.
I don't know if PS+ is required to join a society as I straight up bpught the game without it, but I'm looking forward to joining when I get the chance!
You need PS+ to play most online games so I assume this is the same, still all are welcome

Man, that second course was a pain in my butt. The fairways are so narrow and janky in their layout, you could hit the fairway but the ball would still end up in at least the fringe, sometimes the sand. Managed some great saves from the rough and hazards though.

Just had my actual round and so completely pissed off at the course. I easily cruised to -8 on a test round. This time I was furious. Couldn't putt anything in at all. Even had a putt bounce out from hitting the stick?!?!?! Anyway. Fixed my main problem with janky drives so I'll take that as a bonus. So frustrating to know I could easily play a solid round but have at least 9 tap ins and 1 definite BS putt in there.
Flailed my way to -4. But getting better at my weak points.

Last edited:
Back