TPC (not TPC) Invitational Golf Open (on PGA 2K21)

• Thread starter O604
  • 103 comments
How do handicaps work? It says mine is 0.0 but I'm terrible at golf.
A handicap is kind of like an average score, but it’s closer to what you’d shoot on a “good” day, than it is an average. IRL it’s mainly used to let players of differing abilities play matches together(and bet money in a lot of cases). The lower your scores, the lower your handicap, so a player with a higher handicap will get extra strokes over a lower handicap player, to even things out.

It says I'm not allowed to play without a Handicap Index, how do I get that? The only match I've done is Jumeriah Club.

It says I'm not allowed to play without a Handicap Index, how do I get that? The only match I've done is Jumeriah Club.
I think you just need to play a round in whatever course you like and you'll get assigned a handicap that way. It has to be in the quick play mode (or whatever it's called), not in the PGA Tour career.

If that still doesn't work do what @Pigems said and play some more until you see a number other than 0.0 appear.

Last edited:
This guy has a bunch of tutorial videos on YT, may be helpful. :)

Thx for that. Helpful tips. My back swing is off for sure and releasing after follow through is something I wouldn't have thought of. I'll def. check out putting too.

So.. like couldn't you cheat by using something straight next to the thumb stick? Like holding a popsicle stick next to it so it won't go left. Not that I'm going to do it, just a thought.

Thx for that. Helpful tips. My back swing is off for sure and releasing after follow through is something I wouldn't have thought of. I'll def. check out putting too.

So.. like couldn't you cheat by using something straight next to the thumb stick? Like holding a popsicle stick next to it so it won't go left. Not that I'm going to do it, just a thought.
I’m already trying to figure out how to build a little holster for the controller to make the stick only able to move straight back and forward. 😂

Last edited:
Well after a few practice rounds on Pro-Am I was getting good enough to shoot around -6 so went for it. Think I shot -12 but that gives me +8 with HC. Since there was no settings again this week there's really no way of saying who played best, but we all could have used easy. So here's the altered scores (hope I get this right). Just noticed my HC has dropped to 14.8 but doing that it had me at 20 so these figures are really worthless unless people can say what they really scored.
  1. Kaizen-Teian -1 or -1
  2. phreelickz +2 or -5
  3. Hasnain282 +5 or -4
  4. Trone-Colby +8 or -5
  5. Norrin-Radd_SS01 +8 or -12
  6. OnlyOne07 +12 or +2
No idea how I did so well like I said hitting -6 at best then hit that when I actually played the comp, looks more like a beginners level score from me. Must admit I was very lucky with the putting.

Anyway we'll be all on Pro-Am next week (not sure if you can do it on a harder setting if that's what your default is?) and no HC.
As to what course to play I'm open to someone suggesting something or we can do it random?
As I see it we have 2 reasonable random choice
  1. I just pick the first suggested course we haven't played
  2. I use a randomiser with the list that @OnlyOne07 posted. !st page has 50 courses so just use that as they are the most popular.
So tell me what you all want to do and I'm try my best to set it up right this week.

Well after a few practice rounds on Pro-Am I was getting good enough to shoot around -6 so went for it. Think I shot -12 but that gives me +8 with HC. Since there was no settings again this week there's really no way of saying who played best, but we all could have used easy. So here's the altered scores (hope I get this right). Just noticed my HC has dropped to 14.8 but doing that it had me at 20 so these figures are really worthless unless people can say what they really scored.
  1. Kaizen-Teian -1 or -1
  2. phreelickz +2 or -5
  3. Hasnain282 +5 or -4
  4. Trone-Colby +8 or -5
  5. Norrin-Radd_SS01 +8 or -12
  6. OnlyOne07 +12 or +2
No idea how I did so well like I said hitting -6 at best then hit that when I actually played the comp, looks more like a beginners level score from me. Must admit I was very lucky with the putting.

Anyway we'll be all on Pro-Am next week (not sure if you can do it on a harder setting if that's what your default is?) and no HC.
As to what course to play I'm open to someone suggesting something or we can do it random?
As I see it we have 2 reasonable random choice
  1. I just pick the first suggested course we haven't played
  2. I use a randomiser with the list that @OnlyOne07 posted. !st page has 50 courses so just use that as they are the most popular.
So tell me what you all want to do and I'm try my best to set it up right this week.
I'm along for the ride. You're doing a great job. 👍

Since everyone seems OK with whatever, I decide to go for a course in recommended we haven't played. Will just keep doing that unless anyone wants something specific in the future.
So this week we will have Pearl Mountain and HC is off, the society default setting is now on Pro-Am so that's what every event going forward will be set at. Maybe we can run a harder setting now and again for a laugh. Everything else is just default.
Good luck everyone.

Since everyone seems OK with whatever, I decide to go for a course in recommended we haven't played. Will just keep doing that unless anyone wants something specific in the future.
So this week we will have Pearl Mountain and HC is off, the society default setting is now on Pro-Am so that's what every event going forward will be set at. Maybe we can run a harder setting now and again for a laugh. Everything else is just default.
Good luck everyone.
This sounds great. I've had to pick up rounds when I can but the society is looking well. Will be interesting to see if or how things change without handicap.

I will be putting in a score this week but I have a question. I looked through the thread but couldn’t find the answers, but are we just posting our scores here or is there a match I need to join with you all in the game?

I will be putting in a score this week but I have a question. I looked through the thread but couldn’t find the answers, but are we just posting our scores here or is there a match I need to join with you all in the game?
You have to join the online society. Search “GTS Golf Drive”. You should see Norrin_Radd’s message. Join that and play.

I also played a round so you should see my name as well.

Last edited:
Well that was a bad idea....OH no it's just all too confusing. Went to practice this weeks course and ended up with one of the same name, but a user created one and it was terrible. Started off and the fairways were like 6 foot wide (2 meters ish) and I thought this will be hard but fine. Get to the first green and it was ridiculously small, nearly impossible for someone of my skill to even get the ball to stay on the green. Suppose the advantage is you really couldn't 2 putt. Did Ok at the second and then had a green surrounded by water, I gave up trying to get it on. So now starting the actual course and it looks really good. Will probably try the round for real this afternoon.

Well that was a bad idea....OH no it's just all too confusing. Went to practice this weeks course and ended up with one of the same name, but a user created one and it was terrible. Started off and the fairways were like 6 foot wide (2 meters ish) and I thought this will be hard but fine. Get to the first green and it was ridiculously small, nearly impossible for someone of my skill to even get the ball to stay on the green. Suppose the advantage is you really couldn't 2 putt. Did Ok at the second and then had a green surrounded by water, I gave up trying to get it on. So now starting the actual course and it looks really good. Will probably try the round for real this afternoon.
Sounds like the user-created course was inspired by the course preparations done for the US Open:lol:

In all seriousness though it could be useful for the real deal, and maybe I should do a practice round before going into the tourney, might improve the overall results...

Just a -9 putting me 4th, boy was I playing badly but managing to get it to the green in regs mostly. Think I hit 3 fairways all game and I lost a ball too. Well done everyone

The 4 recommended are
  1. TPC Deere Run
  2. Detroit GC
  3. TPC Boston
  4. Conservatory Club
So unless anyone objects it will be TPC Deere Run

Wow. Take a week off and holy mistakes batman! Went in to Deere Run and had a slightly sloppy first couple of holes, but not far off. And my putting just decided to take the night off. I needed it as I was struggling with the wind and when I got to the greens it just got worse. Think I finished +5, but it wasn't really even that good. I think I'll need another round or 2 before I give next weeks challenge a go.

Latest Posts

Back