TPC (not TPC) Invitational Golf Open (on PGA 2K21)

• Thread starter O604
  • 103 comments
Well, ran my first golf today, with no idea what I'm doing. Got a +6 at The Jumeriah Club, not sure if that's good or bad! I think I'm last, but I had a lot of fun. Afraid Golfer looks pretty much like me too!
That's pretty good if that's your first round. It takes a bit of learning and that course is easy yo mess up on. I think my first round in the game was 12 over or something horrible so that's a definite good start. Another few rounds and you and I can battle it out at the back.

Any preferences for next week? I still haven't played every course so open to anything. Some of the thumbnails look interesting
Witch Tree GC
The House On The Cliff
Kong Valley (although that might be dangerous)
Anyway anything someones fancies or do I just go for a pretty thumbnail?

Any preferences for next week? I still haven't played every course so open to anything. Some of the thumbnails look interesting
Witch Tree GC
The House On The Cliff
I saw this course database with all the real courses created + some trending new ones. I believe with this we'll have quality courses for a while!

Witch Tree GC
The House On The Cliff
TPC Sawgrass? I read something about a dangerous 17th hole, and I want to run a TPC course. Pretty thumbnail would be nice too. :cheers:

TPC Sawgrass? I read something about a dangerous 17th hole, and I want to run a TPC course. Pretty thumbnail would be nice too. :cheers:
You like hitting the stroke limit? Just kidding. If you survived last week's course the 17th Island green isn't all that much worse than some of those.
I'm just hoping to get a round counted that is close to my practice round instead of way off.

What swing difficulty settings are we supposed to be using for this? So I can practice on the right settings.

What swing difficulty settings are we supposed to be using for this? So I can practice on the right settings.
I haven't changed anything so I think you can use whatever you want to go with. Maybe down the line putting restrictions on would be a good idea, but I've tried some of the harder settings and I'm not ready for them. Yeah just setting up Sawgrass and checked the difficulty, everything is set to "OPEN" which means your setting are used. I'm going to leave it this week, but if people want some of the settings changed just say.

So it looks like I won this week (I know there a few hours left) but I think maybe some have the game difficulty higher than others??? So maybe we can look at the settings and have it set SLIGHTLY harder, I'm not playing super hard modes but don't mind making things a bit tougher.

I haven't changed anything so I think you can use whatever you want to go with. Maybe down the line putting restrictions on would be a good idea, but I've tried some of the harder settings and I'm not ready for them. Yeah just setting up Sawgrass and checked the difficulty, everything is set to "OPEN" which means your setting are used. I'm going to leave it this week, but if people want some of the settings changed just say.

So it looks like I won this week (I know there a few hours left) but I think maybe some have the game difficulty higher than others??? So maybe we can look at the settings and have it set SLIGHTLY harder, I'm not playing super hard modes but don't mind making things a bit tougher.
I think there should be a standard difficulty for all competitors. I’ve been researching a little and most leagues run pro difficulty, but I feel it’s a little too hard as I shot an even par with it in the event. Maybe pro-am could be a nice middle ground?

I think there should be a standard difficulty for all competitors. I’ve been researching a little and most leagues run pro difficulty, but I feel it’s a little too hard as I shot an even par with it in the event. Maybe pro-am could be a nice middle ground?
The difficulty can be set as a general setting or each element can be altered independently. Having a quick look as you go up the "putt preview" goes from "unlimited" to "3" at whatever level, totally skipping the other options "18" and "9" I think. I'll have a closer look tomorrow and then we can try and work out a level we're all happy with.

I played at Jumeriah today. I ended up tying with @Redneckchef for 3rd. If I didn’t mess up on some holes, it would’ve been just me at 3rd for sure.

I play on beginner swing. After the match I did go and see what pro was about. I believe I can handle it as long as I slow down. With beginner and amateur, you can be aggressive with the swing. I do agree that pro-am is a good base for people to get the hang of pro.

Ran a warm up round at Sawgrass and was looking good. Decided to run my round that counts. Started ok, but was trying not to use the putt preview so was having a few extra tap in putts to be annoying, but expected.

Then had the 'screw you' hole where all my inputs are horrifically wrong and it's a fight just to get it to the green. Lost all faith in my game from there out and finished +2 for an ugly one.
But did screenshot proof I had a good round prior. Now just to stop the hole of death that keeps rattling me and just fine tune the putting a bit more while not using the preview.

The round I wish counted.
17cdac0c1b98-2310EABBF30A9F3F777.357431F0449CFDBC_message_418753755597466_1635756857802.jpg

Did the settings change? I did my round early at Sawgrass and I was thrown off by par settings. I keep getting bogey where it where it would normally be par.

Did the settings change? I did my round early at Sawgrass and I was thrown off by par settings. I keep getting bogey where it where it would normally be par.
Didn't change anything....I think. Doing a practice round on "pro-am" and it's much harder although this is my first time at this setting so to be expected. I'd be happy to set the society default to this if everyone is happy, the only issue I have is putting. It's harder at this setting as swinging straight is now also an issue, but that's fine, it's the previews I think unlimited is too generous.
Now I know from looking at other societies that putting becomes an issue as people chip on the greens as it's easier than long putts so I don't want to restrict it too much like "3" I was thinking set it to "18" so you get 1 per hole.
Don't think there are other issues, but I won't change it till the end of the week when I put the next course in. So any suggestions are welcome, it's nice to make it harder but we want to have fun too.

So at "pro-am" I scored level, but was getting the hang by the end, 3 birdies in last 4. So I tried "amateur" and scored -13. Even accounting for getting used to it that's a huge difference. Didn't realise the beginner setting was so easy. So i'm going to do another few practice rounds at "pro-am" before I enter at that level.

Last edited:
Handicapped scoring is on
OOPs. OK I can add another one should I just go ahead and change it to "pro-AM"?

Actually I can't add one, sorry this sucks. Can't even add an alt as the main has no requirements, but then those already entered wouldn't be able to change anyway.

Last edited:
From what little I've read it doesn't work in this game. As to the exact mechanism I'm not sure, but I don't think it's something we should bother with anyway.
I was a +9.4 handicap and I think I played as a +14 or +15. I think I got something like 3 under for the round if it was scratch but ended up with a +12.

Safe to say my handicap dropped after that stinker :lol:. But yeah, no one in their right mind plays handicap in real golf if they’re positive, being under par is already enough of a challenge.

Can’t get the hang of the swing meter. Wish there was an option for the 3-click method for us old timers 👨‍🦲
It is a learning curve, but I spent a little time at the driving range aiming at the ball carts and a few rubbish rounds. It does start to click a bit after that.

And I didn't pay attention to the handicap rules either. That might help as I was a 5 handicap. I still just didn't play well, but will take an easy excuse if I've got it.😁

Last edited:
OOPs. OK I can add another one should I just go ahead and change it to "pro-AM"?

Actually I can't add one, sorry this sucks. Can't even add an alt as the main has no requirements, but then those already entered wouldn't be able to change anyway.
All good man, I think we’re pretty much all new to this game, so we are all still learning. We can play it as is for the week and make whatever adjustments we’d like to make for the next one, no worries. Thanks very much for setting this up too BTW, this is pretty cool. 👍

Last edited:
Back