TPC Presents: Super GT Multi class. Complete, GT500 Champion Philtaylor17, GT300 Champion R1600Turbo

Which track would you prefer we test at on Sunday?

• Interlagos

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Nürburgring GP

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Kyoto Yamigiwa + Miyabi

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
That was probably one of the harder races I have had to do. For some reason my headphones were popping in my ears all race and it really threw me off at times. Had an off track excursion at the end of the Kemmel Straight because it popped right at the braking zone. Had an advantage in the tighter turns and under braking, but lost a lot of time down the straights and down Pouhon where the car was nothing but understeer. Was a great fight with @Kermit_2142 but the only way I was going to get by was under braking, so I tried to make that work a few times without much success. I think if I was able to hang 1-2 seconds back until the end I would have had an advantage with tires, but I kept making stupid mistakes and would lose time after I just made some up, so it was rinse and repeat until the end which wore my tires down faster.

I need to remember that I don't need to take as much fuel on the stop since the race is 2-3 laps shorter for us. :ouch:

That was probably one of the harder races I have had to do. For some reason my headphones were popping in my ears all race and it really threw me off at times. Had an off track excursion at the end of the Kemmel Straight because it popped right at the braking zone. Had an advantage in the tighter turns and under braking, but lost a lot of time down the straights and down Pouhon where the car was nothing but understeer. Was a great fight with @Kermit_2142 but the only way I was going to get by was under braking, so I tried to make that work a few times without much success. I think if I was able to hang 1-2 seconds back until the end I would have had an advantage with tires, but I kept making stupid mistakes and would lose time after I just made some up, so it was rinse and repeat until the end which wore my tires down faster.

I need to remember that I don't need to take as much fuel on the stop since the race is 2-3 laps shorter for us. :ouch:

The GT300 title is still everything to play for at Suzuka.

Great racing today everyone, that was a lot of fun! Congrats to the Winners and Podium finishers in both classes! :cheers:

F13BE39C-EBB0-4DD3-8605-E0D6F6BD0378.jpeg
EE2748C8-CD89-4AE0-9364-ECED14C18301.jpeg
AFC29D10-B6F9-4342-BDB7-1AA4235E829D.jpeg
63E8DDEE-2759-485F-96C4-C44CBDBE61A4.jpeg
F8004EDE-7613-4A58-B0D4-DFBAFE0BB6AA.jpeg
39F58BD1-43A9-4056-ADC8-2C0ED1BCE3BF.jpeg
CA93FE6D-C329-4FEC-9673-BC6096EAFD47.jpeg
2AE83F4F-EBEE-498F-B8FF-949EF7FFBA73.jpeg
A0C2E72F-D8DE-4AC7-896F-9C76821881F5.jpeg
D153D8B2-7A56-4784-B190-F8AD3CFC9324.jpeg
5B69C987-E693-4ECE-8546-0541D994DF0E.jpeg
7538E969-D460-4013-8F40-99B252C6D0F4.jpeg
159B5CE1-EFD0-437F-8D5B-3BB16F83CD6F.jpeg
FD0D74F6-E7B8-452B-8589-82AD3F211880.jpeg
589BF00A-B69D-46BA-9A2A-2DBAE77E558E.jpeg

Quick race recap

Finally remembered to record qualifying lap, so the day started well, things got more tricky when @Spinerkopin got a great run on me out of Eau Rouge/Raidillon and went for a pass down the outside into Les Combes, he was more than fair and gave plenty of room, which also meant I could hang it around the outside for the left giving me the inside for the final right hander while @GOTMAXPOWER and @Pigems joined the party.

Max then passed Spiner which was very good for Team Honda, they traded places a few times allowing a 4 second gap to build, which didn't really grow very fast after that, Spiner was really setting a strong and very consistent pace, the absolute best I could do was grab the odd tenth here or there every few laps, we both managed to get through the traffic relatively ok, but he did it slightly better meaning the gap was 4 seconds again

Towards the end of the first stint I'd settled on the idea of a one stop, I hadn't done more than 5 laps with fuel/tyre wear but I did know it was a long pit stop here, and when Spiner came in on lap 15 he came out just behind @Drex124 and @Pigems battle, I decided to watch and wait to see if either Drex would pit, or Spiner would get by, either of which would be the signal to come in which happened on Lap 18 when Drex went for his stop. I came out with the gap back down from about 7 to 4 seconds, but with fresher tyres barring no mistakes it was looking good for the win.

Thanks to @Adam Barber as always for a really awesome series, and GG @Spinerkopin @Drex124 @R1600Turbo @Michelin Man on the podiums, and @Kermit_2142 for the GT300 win.

That GT300 battle was amazing, every time I came round it was neck and neck, and then watching to see who would finish ahead on the results sheet after the flag was mega tense. That last lap must have been epic! Looking forward to that at Suzuka!

Last edited:

Yes what a fantastic race!! One of the best I’ve had to date for sure. After an hour we were only separated by 0.05s! I think the fact we both made some errors showed just how much we were pushing each other. I’m glad we were able to fight it out like that, towards the end it felt like the pressure was just building and building and then it went off on the last lap.

I tried to make a short highlight video but it turned into over 10 minutes :lol:👍

upload_2021-2-4_0-13-46.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you have your notifications turned off?

Or did @Adam Barber add the names in an edit? The notifications don’t tag people if the names aren’t added at the time of the original post.
Nope they're on as far as I know. It'll randomly happen on some threads, it just happens more often with Barber than anyone else, I don't really know why.

Nope they're on as far as I know. It'll randomly happen on some threads, it just happens more often with Barber than anyone else, I don't really know why.

Weird, I wonder why?

Does it notify you of new posts in this thread?(if you’ve clicked the “watch” button)

Back