Track Creater Racing Series

• Thread starter gr1d
  • 152 comments
Yeah, I simply wouldn't have time for a more "hardcore" track creator series. Sounds like a cool idea though.

Anyways, for this week, I've got two tracks planned out already. The first one is an Eifel circuit (Of course), but it's short, and can be lapped in under a minute in fast cars, still lots of fun. I'm thinking of making it lightweight track toys (maybe 575 pp, for your lotuses and caterhams) but anything under the pp limit is welcome.

I also have an interesting Toscana track that combines a high-speed La Sarthe type straight with a long technical section. I'm thinking of making that one a 650-700pp street car race. So, whether you want to focus on the straight (A Veyron could hit 250+ probably) or the technical section its up to you. Either way, bring your scariest street cars.

Since the short Eifel one is easy to learn, I'll post my Toscana track for anyone interested in getting acclimated.

Hey, thanks for the fun races sunday, even though I was way off the pace it was fun. I'll definately need to do some more extensive tuning next time.

To everyone running our little series I'd recommend checking out this other series as well, Its a bit more focused and serious than ours, one Track, one car, long stints, and very fun.

I was thinking we should combine our 2 series but it seems like they're a bit too different to simply combine the 2.

Yeah, I simply wouldn't have time for a more "hardcore" track creator series. Sounds like a cool idea though.

Anyways, for this week, I've got two tracks planned out already. The first one is an Eifel circuit (Of course), but it's short, and can be lapped in under a minute in fast cars, still lots of fun. I'm thinking of making it lightweight track toys (maybe 575 pp, for your lotuses and caterhams) but anything under the pp limit is welcome.

I also have an interesting Toscana track that combines a high-speed La Sarthe type straight with a long technical section. I'm thinking of making that one a 650-700pp street car race. So, whether you want to focus on the straight (A Veyron could hit 250+ probably) or the technical section its up to you. Either way, bring your scariest street cars.

Since the short Eifel one is easy to learn, I'll post my Toscana track for anyone interested in getting acclimated.

Hi guys, we just try and keep online fun... our event changes from week to week and if you have any good three sector tracks please could you let me know. We don't have a strict timetable but we try do testing on mondays through to Wednesday and look for a fun event/tracks/combo's to host over the late week/weekend. What times/day of the week do you guys go online?

That's mainly my problem, is that I can't play regularly during the week, which is why I missed a lot of Thursday night races. However, I'll definitely reconsider joining you guys over the summer,when I'll have more free time.

As far as three-sector tracks go, I assume you mean Eifel? If so, I've got in the neighborhood of 15 good three sector tracks. Although I DID go on a little spree, and made 5 that are pretty similar, and I need to pick out the really good ones.

Well, I'm online alot, but our series is typically run on thursday nights.

Although I'm trying to find a better day and time that will work for everyone, i've suggested Saturdays at 3 PST.

Hey rennsport that Toscana track we ran last night was quite fun, I hope you dont change it too much. I know i had said turn 2 was a bit sharp but after all the practice I think its probably just fine.

Next time we try out some new tracks I'll put my mic on so I can give better feedback, cause when I'm typing (with the DS3) I tend to stick to very short 3 word responses. Like last night my comments made your track seem like it was just Okay, But I really enjoyed the track, Its very unique.

Last edited:
It's all good, I should probably invest in a mic as well. And, don't worry, I didn't change the track very much. I'll continue to tweek it probably, but the biggest change I made was increasing the track width by one, and decreasing the turn sharpness by one in the second sector.

So I think since not everyone has chimed in on moving the event that we should run the race tonight as well as saturday.

My newest track is up for sharing, called 250?, Eifel theme 4.14 miles, 15 turns. Its fairly similar to rennsports Smugglers run, having an extremely long straightaway.

We'll run the same cars as rennsports race at 640 PP, street cars, RS tires.

I also have a fun little kart track (called Slo Mo 3) for small cars, 525 PP light weight street cars, sport soft tires, no race mods. I'll be bringing an Autobacs Garaiya.

We could also run Kei cars like the seasonal event this week. If we do it will probably be around 440 PP, sports soft tires. Those little boxes are pretty fun.

Last edited:
I probably won't be making it tonight, although I will try, and there's a chance I'll be late for the running Saturday afternoon. It's going to get really busy in these last few weeks before finals... :/

Last edited:
I like saturdays better as well.

If you guys have new tracks you want to use, upload them so if we decide to do a public room the host can have everyone's tracks on hand.

My latest is up. Oak Creek. I'll try to make it saturday. I'd like to run American cars at 500PP sport tires.

Well, I'll most likely be joining you guys again this Saturday. There's a few tracks I wanted to run, Smuggler's ridge, but GT-R already has that, so I won't be posting it unless someone requests it. I just wanted to share it with everyone ('cept GTR, who's already run it), and I'll be running 650pp street cars, so bring one capable of 200-220mph. I've got a 2.8 mile Eifel I think is pretty fun, probably run 600 or 650 pp race cars there. And, if we have time, I might post a dirt/snow rally course this week.

I'd like to join you all. I'm usually on after 10 or 11pm eastern time. Who usually hosts during the week (so I know who to send the FR to)?

Also, I've got a pretty cool custom course shared. Eifel based, 4.54 miles with some big (and cool) elevation changes (but not jumps).

I have typically been the host lately, but there isn't any one person in charge here, as the original creator of the series has been MIA for a while.

I'd like to join in, I feel I have a few tracks that you guys would like. I'm looking for feedback, so add me or PM me here, thnx!

Cool, I'll add you once the PSN is back up.

So for the saturday meets what time is good for everyone?

I suggested 3:00 PST to keep it early for those on the east coast.

On a side note I just felt a tiny earthquake

I made a snow course that I really enjoyed, and was hoping to share it with you guys if we have time to run several courses. I'll post it whenever PSN comes back up. I'll be running rally cars most likely about 500pp.

Edit: That time works fine for me, but chances are something will come up and make me late or something. :rolleyes:

I have problems with PSN now as well, but i'm usually online between 12 and 7 pm pacific time. I usually run tarmac courses toscana etc. Not big on the rallies.

Well, considering PSN is still down, what's our back-up plan? If it doesn't come up in the next few hours, do we want to just cancel for this week?

Surely PSN won't be up till next week so will have to call it a week today and lets hope that in next week's saturday PSN will be up & running

So with PSN supposedly back up this week, maybe tuesday, I'd like to get some of you guys feedback on my courses. Just add me on psn- freshseth83 or just let me know whats up- hope we can get a race series going.

Yeah I cant wait to get back online (maybe today). I'd be intrested in trying out your tracks.

Hopefully we get a good turn out this week with all the pent up demend for online racing.

I'll be in this week for sure. It IS finals week, but I'll need the study break more than ever. Assuming PSN is up by then, are you planning on doing the race Thursday night or Saturday night? Either one will work for me.

Yeah I'm Still into racing the series. I've actually been busy lately at work.

I've got a few new tracks to run. One for muscle cars 550 PP, RH tires, and another for Caterham Fireblades fully tuned (I forget the PP #) RS tires.

I'll start up a room at 3 PST

Yeah I can share them a bit later, I assume you're referring to the tracks we ran yesterday?

Back