Track Creater Racing Series

• Thread starter gr1d
  • 152 comments
I'm going to make the wild assumption that this series is dead, unless someone can say otherwise. Whether we want to try and re-vamp it and get some new people, or just pack it up, it's up to you people. I'd be more than happy to help restart this thing, though. Either way, we had a pretty good run.

Well I'm still game, I'm usually availabe for the race, but typically nobody else will be online for it.

Maybe we could try using public rooms, and change hosts so that everyone can share their tracks.

I'd be up for helping revive this thread and race night :) ... Considering my old race group fizzled out after the outage, and i'm all but tired of the old core tracks and online race lounges, the custom tracks and new GT5 friends are my last/next resort.:scared:

I have created 50+ tracks, most(35+) of them in Toscana layout... tested and readjusted them all individully for hours, best one being named "The Keyring"(shared online) which is a beast of a desert course, wide and fast with awesome views and it's fair share of difficult sections to keep the over-aggressive racer honest. Most of them are suitable for mid to high HP street cars, which are my favorite stuff to race.👍

One night a week doesn't seem like enough racing to keep the enthusiasm alive for this kind of custom racing... So if i have to i'll create the Lounge personally and we'll race every night(or whenever i'm around!), if enough interest is shown to me. My PSN is EarthboundMysfit, FR's are welcome.. just state your case, and if my list is full just send me a message and l'm sure i won't have a problem deleting an old crony for ya.:sly:

Yeah a daily race sounds great, that will definately help bring more into the series. I'll send a friend request later today.

In the past we've used private lobbys so that everyone gets to share tracks, but that limits the turnout.

We should probably use public rooms to draw in more racers. We could share hosting (so everybody gets to share a track) which we could do by leaving the room (except for the new host) and then re-joining the room.

I'm not quite sure when or how this will pan out, but I think if we can get a daily race going it will guide us as to how things should go.

I think we should start a new thread once we figure it out.

Yeah daily or semi-daliy sounds best, along with doing it in an open lobby room where we can share turn being leader and posting our tracks, doing 2 or 3, or more races on each one... like you said grog, it limits turn out doing it private... I think i'll give it a go tonight, even though my internet connection has been spotty lately, it'll give us a chance to work out details and just get the ball rolling again. Personally I'd love to get it turned into a series or championship with 10 - 15 serious racers/custom track enthusiasts. 💡 ... that would be a good time to start the new post, with championship season details & such. I've heard of a few website that will help you host, track points, rankings and leaderboards for such created events/championships. 👍 or 👎

Well.. i can start early.. just gettin my GF off Fallout here and gonna eat lunch and i'll pop in GT5 and we can start sharing tracks. Thanks GT_Bob, i used to be from OH.. and u2 Truck_Turner_TX... I now live in TX! lol... FR's sent to you both, & oh whoops u said not UNTIL late. I'll probably still be on then. i usually race online til 2 am est. Look for room entitled "Course Maker Series!!" or join from your community page. happy racing.

Last edited:
I'll be on tonight as well. I've also had kind of a spotty internet connection lately so I haven't wanted to host rooms, but we'll see how it goes.

Oh but online will be down for the update tonight, but i'll still be up provided they bring online back around when the claim they would.

I just wanted to let folks know that we've been running some impromptu races lately, So If anyone new wants to join us either look out for a room called "Track Maker Series" or send us a friend request and look out for us in the community tab.

I had alot of fun racing earlier today with you guys. Lots of Eifel tracks which is fine, but I'd love to see some other themes from everybody.

Maybe I'll start a little friendly track maker competition to get people to use themes they usually wouldn't. We could pick a theme to use and some basic track layout criteria (like a skinny track, a mini oval, or the longest straightaway). Then everybody would have a week to work on them, and we'd run them and then pick our favorite.

My goal wouldn't be to win or give stuff away (although thats a possibility) but to foster creativity and to get people to make different kinds of tracks than they might have otherwise.

I would have liked to join last night but had to go to bed. Been working 2 jobs. I'm at my second job right now. doh.

I have made a few custom tracks in my few minutes of spare time. The one I have shared right now is called Techniquolor. I have the day off friday so I'll start up a lobby.

I just noticed somebody else stole the name Track Creator Racing. They have a thread over in online racing. They even have their own TCR logo. lol But you have to run their tracks and their cars. Speaking for myself (who else can I speak for?) I prefer our way of doing it. I have really enjoyed most of the tracks others have shared. Some tracks, not so much. lol. I just can't get into jump tracks. A jump makes a track arcade. It completely destroys the illusion of racing for me.

Last edited:
I was out of town for a few days, so I couldn't host any races. Once I rest up from the 24 hours of Le Mans I'll be back online.

I just noticed somebody else stole the name Track Creator Racing. They have a thread over in online racing. They even have their own TCR logo. lol But you have to run their tracks and their cars. Speaking for myself (who else can I speak for?) I prefer our way of doing it.

Yeah I ran a race with those guys, but I prefer the variety of our series, compared to the single track and Car they run all week long. They're great racers, I have nothing against them but I did prefer our format a bit more.

Yo R1600Turbo.. add me, i'm bored & just remote racing... We'll jam a few created tracks.. i made a few(more) yesterday i really like, one named Toscana Seca, very reminesent of Laguna, except right hand turns and a corkscrew to the left. Anyway PSN is Earthboundmysfit, anyone on here who reads this and wants to share racing custom tracks go ahead and send a FR! Thanks! :):):)

P.s. I had fun yesterday Renn & GT-R! cool tracks :sly:

Are you freaking kidding me!!! They put in the ability to race other people online, make tracks, share them with friends, but not the race on them with friends... what were they thinking. Guess I should have checked into that before getting bored racing them alone and then making this thread. Oh well, hopefully they add it in a patch and I'll bring this thread back to life then.

Well, you actually CAN race your custom tracks online with friends - when you select a tack, there are 2 options: one of them is the in-game tracks, the other is your custom tracks. You need to select the bubble next to them to select you custom track list.

Are you freaking kidding me!!! They put in the ability to race other people online, make tracks, share them with friends, but not the race on them with friends... what were they thinking. Guess I should have checked into that before getting bored racing them alone and then making this thread. Oh well, hopefully they add it in a patch and I'll bring this thread back to life then.

Well, you actually CAN race your custom tracks online with friends - when you select a tack, there are 2 options: one of them is the in-game tracks, the other is your custom tracks. You need to select the bubble next to them to select you custom track list.

That post you quoted is very old and was made back when you COULDN'T race your tracks online. This game didn't come out last week, and there have been alot of changes.

Last edited:
P.s. I had fun yesterday Renn & GT-R! cool tracks :sly:

Glad you enjoyed them, it was a fun evening of racing. If anyone is free later tonight, or tomorrow, I was planning on getting a lobby started. I'm not sure yet if I'll make it private or public, but if you're interested, send me a FR. Hopefully, we can start racing pretty regularly again. Thanks guys!

If anyone is free later tonight, or tomorrow, I was planning on getting a lobby started. I'm not sure yet if I'll make it private or public, but if you're interested, send me a FR. Hopefully, we can start racing pretty regularly again. Thanks guys!

I'm up for a race later, I'll be on tonight. I'd say go for a public room.

Sorry for my absence this week, it's been a hectic one, and I forgot I had plans this weekend. I haven't had much time for gt5, but I'll try to get on some.

The psn was too flakey last night. I couldn't reconnect.

So I just ran the Ferrari seasonal for a few million cr. :lol:

The psn was too flakey last night. I couldn't reconnect.

So I just ran the Ferrari seasonal for a few million cr. :lol:

Yeah, i had a few issues yesterday as well. Thanks for joining us though, it was a fun night of racing. We'll have to do it again sometime.

I'll working on some new tracks here very soon bring my total to 275. I'll be sending some of these tracks to my other account due to I may be running out a room to store them. After the holiday I may open a room to test the new track. I'll post room number through GTP new and here.

I'd like to introduce ya'll to my Super GT course, Falls Church. It's a nice combination of high speed and challenging turns. Inspired by PD's poor excuse for a Super GT course in the latest seasonals, it's specifically designed for GT500 cars (600PP, Race Hard). I hope we can race on it soon.

It's shared right now in case anybody wants to try it out.

FallsChurch.jpg

I should have a room open this Thursday for about five hours for testing of tracks before they are named and put into a cycle. I'm hopping to start a Racing Division with in the TCRS for people not able to race a lot on the weekends like my self. This is why you haven't seen my name pop up.

I should have a room open this Thursday for about five hours for testing of tracks before they are named and put into a cycle. I'm hopping to start a Racing Division with in the TCRS for people not able to race a lot on the weekends like my self. This is why you haven't seen my name pop up.

We used to run regularly on Thursdays, but now we just tend to run races when people are on. I would love to host more races, but my schedule is pretty erratic this summer. As of right now I should be free tomorrow, what time were you thinking of running it?

I miss our lil racing sessions with you guys, but now what i do to get some people racing on my favorite Toscana or Eifel track is make a room, wait for it to get some good flow(10 or more ppl) and instead of going to vote, just slip in course of choice. Of course I'll leave it on for a few races to let the real hardnoses figure it out, but I'll still end up winning, or pulling 2nd. You all were my best competition.. 8(

I miss our lil racing sessions with you guys, but now what i do to get some people racing on my favorite Toscana or Eifel track is make a room, wait for it to get some good flow(10 or more ppl) and instead of going to vote, just slip in course of choice. Of course I'll leave it on for a few races to let the real hardnoses figure it out, but I'll still end up winning, or pulling 2nd. You all were my best competition.. 8(

Well, there's still a few active people that were members of this group. All we need is some new members. I think our best course of action is going to be starting a regular online open lobby. The hard part is getting several people to host, since we can't all be available all the time. I'll try and get one running for a few hours tonight. If anyone wants in, let me know.

Back