Track Creator Dream Features

• Thread starter beezball
  • 49 comments
Yes, that is disappointing but "video game preservation" has become a big thing since then so outside forces will likely contribute to Sony behaving differently this time around.
We can only hope, but Sony's track record isn't great.

Yes, that is disappointing but "video game preservation" has become a big thing since then so outside forces will likely contribute to Sony behaving differently this time around.
Lol, video game preservation has been a thing since well before GT6, young grasshopper.

What new outside forces do you anticipate having any sway over Sony and Polyphony? What's changed in the last 4 years that they would consider not simply switching off the servers and leaving the game to die, if they thought that was a good idea then?

GT6 promised a course maker that could generate tracks after driving on real roads/tracks via GPS.

Course Maker

This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.

Not to be confused with the GPS Visualiser, a different feature.

GPS Visualiser

In a future update, we will add the GPS Visualiser. This is a feature that allows you to import Controller Area Network (CAN), used to regulate automobile systems, and GPS coordinate data from a real life car into Gran Turismo 6, and visualise the data as a replay in the game. The feature is planned to be compatible with the Toyota Motor Corporation’s CAN-Gateway ECU.

I never bothered with the track creator in 6 since the one in 5 was a complete joke. Using a GPS to map out a track layout would be cool. I actually really liked the track creator in ModNation Racers on PS3. Your track would be created as you were driving, and you could tweak every single section of the course until it was exactly how you wanted it.

Being able to create tracks using google earth would be amazing. Also the ability to have it so the community can expand on a track some one else has created. We could end up with tracks to rival some of the mods pc sim users get to enjoy in Asseto Corsa.

edit: It would also be fun to create a point to point from home to the shops, work, pub to see how fast you can get there in a variety of cars.

Last edited:
Glad to see my thread has taken off somewhat. I am very hopeful that we'll hear whether there is in fact (or not) a track creator tomorrow in the State of Play!

Looks like it's a no go according to that State of Play. Though it appears they skipped at least one big feature, the engine swapping. So I have a modicum of hope.
They didn't skip it entirely though, they teased it. We know it exists since there is no other way a Beetle can have a Porsche engine, it's not a factory car obviously.

Nothing of the sort for a track creator, so It seems unlikely.

They didn't skip it entirely though, they teased it. We know it exists since there is no other way a Beetle can have a Porsche engine, it's not a factory car obviously.

Nothing of the sort for a track creator, so It seems unlikely.
Yeah, it does say Beetle 1200 1966. Obviosly not a Porsche 3.8.

Quoted from the Assetto mod thread. Somebody need to tweet this to Kaz :drool:
Wow. This could be quite a game changer!

Porsche Developing App That Digitalizes Your Favorite Roads In Hours​

Porsche Virtual Roads wants to accelerate the mapping of roads for driving simulators.

View attachment 1113146

More info here:

Last edited:
A city with real rules indeed, sounded promising for street meets etc.

I hope the online mode where you’re meeting others online for meet and greet makes it possible to drive around the pit area / parking, and/or able to exit the car to take pics while playing. Not through a replay after.

Personally, I think the track creator should feature the following:
  • Show the actual track model to edit things, like ModNation Racers, for more detailed creating (like adjusting gate height, or terrain making), but still provide track map editing like GT5/GT6 for shortcut/quicker navigation.
1644920155343.png
1644920178824.png

• Theme: More different type of environments than just open field (like cities or something), probably an option to merge 2 different environments.
  • Layout:
    • More max. length than 10 km.
    • Allow tracks to intersect (of course using something like bridge and/or tunnel to make it work).
  • Items:
    • Can add Items outside the track line.
    • Make most items available on any environment, like putting both trees and buildings (tracks such as Tokyo R246).
    • Can implement some items inside the tracks such as barriers.
    • More options like adjusting the height for a gate, barrier type, or putting different sponsors there (like Livery Editor's Tyre Racing Items).
  • Kerbs:
    • Can set Track Width differently in each section of the track.
    • Can set the track borders; adjusting their width (individually in left or right side of the track), removing them, or shaping them as you wish.
  • Can choose different surface of the track (ex: asphalt to create road tracks, dirt to create rally tracs, etc.).
  • Can apply multiple surface in a track (ex: adding tarmac and snow in rally track like Chamonix).
  • Allow to arrange the start grids (ex: make all the cars parallel in a track for a drag race).
  • Allow to adjust the length of pit stops and create your own route for the pit stop (ex: Circuit de la Sarthe's pit stop route).

Last edited:
I would be happy with something as simple as the track creator in GT5. Just give us something to work with. Anything. Lack of tracks is the only reason I got so bored with GT Sport

Back