Track list (complete)

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 168 comments
Notice that there are 2 types of daylight, with Bathurst, Road America, and Sonoma getting "Sunset" as their only iteration.
Noticed that too. Bit odd about Road America, since in FM5 it had a seemingly normal daytime look to it. Hopefully they fixed Bathurst's crappy lightning.

I never actually played any of the grid games aside from a demo of the original Grid. They just didn't interest me enough.
I too tried the first grid years ago, and skipped Grid 2 entirely after hearing it lacked to be as good as Grid 1. But Grid Autosport was a better game that actually was fun and fixed a lot of errors Grid 2 had, notably the physics and adding back cockpit view (though it's blurred up sadly...)

I stopped playing it because it sort of got tedious quick.

7 rain and 5 night tracks seems kind of sparse. Hope more comes as DLC (hopefully free).
Sounds about right since this is their first attempt in the Forza "sim" series with night and weather. I would also expect more free tracks like they did with F5. Most likely with night or rain. Or better yet, both.

Sounds about right since this is their first attempt in the Forza "sim" series with night and weather. I would also expect more free tracks like they did with F5. Most likely with night or rain. Or better yet, both.
I think it's weird that none of the fantasy tracks have weather or night. Anyway, I'd like to see Indy have rain. It's my hometown and Indiana's temperate climate is conducive for lots of rain.

I think it's weird that none of the fantasy tracks have weather or night. Anyway, I'd like to see Indy have rain. It's my hometown and Indiana's temperate climate is conducive for lots of rain.
T10 said they simulated the real life rain puddle locations on the track. So maybe they didn't want to "fake" the rain or puddle locations on fantasy tracks. Only a guess.

Will be interesting to see what tracks they add with dlc. Or if they just add the weather or night to existing tracks.

T10 said they simulated the real life rain puddle locations on the track. So maybe they didn't want to "fake" the rain or puddle locations on fantasy tracks. Only a guess.

Will be interesting to see what tracks they add with dlc. Or if they just add the weather or night to existing tracks.
It's not like they can't realistically place puddles and water values on those maps. That's like saying they model real track surfaces and didn't want to fake them on fantasy tracks.. which is silly because they obviously have fantasy tracks.

It's not like they can't realistically place puddles and water values on those maps. That's like saying they model real track surfaces and didn't want to fake them on fantasy tracks.. which is silly because they obviously have fantasy tracks.
Fair enough. That's why I said "only a guess".

I was hoping for older forza tracks made by the forza team such as maple valley and others but I do like the amount of tracks.

It's there 10 year anniversary so part of me is hoping they do some special DLC for the classic tracks.

I think some of the of it is wanting to present the fantasy tracks in perfect clear sky's and well lit environments.

As for Indy and no rain, how many times has the 500 or any oval been ran in wet conditions? I'd imagine it's not very realistic to model an oval with wet conditions.

COTA needs to have night...and yes it is known for night racing despite what others have said, the Lonestar Lemans race is a great example. I guess we won't be seeing the tower changing colors at night...

COTA needs to have night...and yes it is known for night racing despite what others have said, the Lonestar Lemans race is a great example. I guess we won't be seeing the tower changing colors at night...

Been to every event at COTA except MotoGP, it's not known for much yet except being a great track and F1. There's been 1 night race and next month will be the second.

Last edited:
I think some of the of it is wanting to present the fantasy tracks in perfect clear sky's and well lit environments.

As for Indy and no rain, how many times has the 500 or any oval been ran in wet conditions? I'd imagine it's not very realistic to model an oval with wet conditions.
Indy Cars will run in the rain. It's just not common that it does rain on race day.
Also, Indy has a road course. The Indy Grand Prix also runs in the rain (as long as it's reasonable). Hell, last year they had qualifications in the rain.

I think having only 6 night locations and 7 wet locations is kind of a bummer, especially for locations like the Alps, Prague and Rio where they are fantasy tracks. What I think T10 will do is update these existing tracks with more weather options as the game goes on, as well as adding in new tracks - all for free - but charge for a 5 car booster pack on the side like they did in FM5. This is a good system that they will hopefully adopt as nobody gets excluded in terms of tracks/track variants in online play (doesn't segregate the community) but T10 can also make some money with the optional car booster.

It's the only example....

I'd be surprised if it didn't come in a free update. Could be they wanted Rio to stand alone as a sunny showcase.

I'm not getting my hopes up for free track DLC this go-round. If it happens that'd be fantastic, but FM6 exists in a very different climate than FM5. That game had a lot of vocal critics commenting on its sparse track count. This game ships with a respectable amount. There's less reason to please people with free things.

I'd gladly be proven wrong, though. :D

They probably, actually can't.

The deal with fantasy tracks is that they are fantasy tracks - They are nowhere near as detailed, road surface wise, as real laser scanned tracks. The road surface of the fantasy tracks is likely completely smooth and faultless, which means puddles will look incredibly unnatural as they follow very large gathering points on the track (like the first 'hairpin' on the Alps track). They simply weren't designed for that kind of stuff.

In order to make the fantasy tracks viable for such weather they'd have to remodel the road surface (and very probably quite a few elevation points) to have more bumps and undulating surfaces, otherwise the rain version would look incredibly artificial which undermines the entire point T10 wants to make with their presentation.

However, no night races does seem like a cop out. The Alps track would look amazing at night i bet.

No Japanese tracks? :(

(Suzuka, Tsukuba and Motegi)

Nope. And any hint at SuperGT is gone too (more so without the BMW DTM car that was DLC in FM5). The cost of heading to Japan to model these particular tracks and cars may be one of the reasons, or the (perceived) value of putting effort into a market where the XBox brand in general does poorly. Unfortunately, we probably won't ever know why.

It doesn't mean they can't or won't show up in later DLC or in FM7, though!

Nope. And any hint at SuperGT is gone too (more so without the BMW DTM car that was DLC in FM5). The cost of heading to Japan to model these particular tracks and cars may be one of the reasons, or the (perceived) value of putting effort into a market where the XBox brand in general does poorly. Unfortunately, we probably won't ever know why.

It doesn't mean they can't or won't show up in later DLC or in FM7, though!
I can't imagine cost to be a factor, but that is the first thing I thought too. Very sad indeed. I would be willing to pay for the tracks in DLC though.

Back