Track Stars Touring Car Series - Series Finished - Mtla1984 is the ChampionFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 841 comments
oh soks that sucks soooo much!

booooooooo!!

see if you can fake cramps or something to get outa what you gotta do!... oh wait....

LOL!

Smiley will be there im pretty sure, we had a few drop out of the merc this season, though Vendal races when he can!.... i miss sexy time racing, they were great guys and DAMN fast!!!

Yeah smiley will be in the merc and you never know when VENDAL will pop up, although its been well over a month so he might be back at work again... I think we might get some good numbers tomorrow night, hopefully back to the levels we saw midway through the series!

Yeah its been an unlucky campaign for the silver arrows. Nasanu looked strong and was going to be a real contender until his ps3 suffered a terminal failure and budget issues have ruled him out since. Vendal would've scored a bunch of points for them as well, but moved houses and got a good job which ruled him out, then from that point on, with exception of the limited rounds attended by NW and Smiley, there wasn't much action for the Mercedes..

Yeah they had a tough year for the merc's! great car though, i popped a few laps in it to help with a tune and loved it! it was the car i wanted at the start but chose the red devil instead as it was getting lonely! i think only plugga was in it at that point...

Nah there was a guy in it who never showed up to a race! Haha

All in all everything has worked out one way or another and we have had a great amount of drivers in the series in its first year. Mike will be our 14th driver to take part in the series! We may have lost a few drivers along the way but we have picked up a few. All of them making a good contribution in their own way.

def! i second that!

has been a really amazing experience!, have said a few times this is the first series i have ever taken part of and i am simply blown away buy how much fun i have had and the fairness from the drivers has also been really refreshing!

i would have to commend Itz on a VERY successful opening year and the general running of the rounds was top notch!

oh soks that sucks soooo much!

booooooooo!!

see if you can fake cramps or something to get outa what you gotta do!... oh wait....

LOL!

LMAO if only...... unfortunately I am male and as such do not suffer such indignities

It would be good to have a 3 car team representing the three pointed star at the two big enduros to finish the season strong

It would be good to have a 3 car team representing the three pointed star at the two big enduros to finish the season strong
Since I didn't leave on the best of terms, I'll see what I can do to finish the season off on a good note.

Ill jump on straight after tea to practice. Wasnt happy with the cars lack of pace, and had the tune maxxed as far as the direction I was taking it. Any changes just made it less stable or gave it too much understeer, I couldnt strike a balance I was happy with, so I will start from scratch tonight and take it on with a different philosophy.

Tried nw's set up this morning, and it didnt feel as good as my old one, so perhaps that tune is not so good with a wheel as it is with a controller, I dunno.

should have plenty of time to shake down and tune before quali. Hopefully I find a happy place with the merc so I can do a long run to test deg and low fuel pace. Looking forward to it all.

good luck guys!

*edit: are we able to make changes to the settings between quali and the race?

Major Changes Announced in Series Shake Up

At the Mount Panorama Circuit Today, ItzRacing announced a number of major changes in what is rebranding of the Australian Track Stars Touring Car Series effective from the beginning of 2015.

As of next year the series will be known as the CORE Australian V8Supercar Championship. With this change of names brings a new affiliation with the CORE (Competitive Online Racing Evolved) Organisation. Of course as the name suggests, the series will see a new set of regulations introduced, with all cars being Production based RWD cars with a V8 Engine. Ford, GM, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Lexus have all joined up to the series bringing the series to 5 Manufacturers.

Along with the change in car regulations, comes a change in race formats for next year which will see an increased emphasis fuel and tyre strategies in some races. Races using street circuits will run under a Super Street Format, seeing the introduction of a pair of longer races. The Super Sprint Formats will be run on the permanent circuits, utilising the trio of shorter races which were popular among competitors in this years Track Stars Touring Car Championship. It is also likely that an Enduro Cup will take place within the series, with the High Speed Ring 500, Bathurst 1000 and Monaco the likely hosts for these events if the Enduro Cup takes place.

"After speaking with a number of competitors and also with the managment of CORE it was determined that these changes were very much wanted and needed to continue the growth of an Australian based, Online Touring Car Series on Gran Turismo." Said Series Chairman ItzRacing. "We hope all these changes will bring extra enthusiasm to the series along with a few new faces. The race formats will give each round a unique dimension and the new car regulations should be a new challenge for every single driver. We are also pleased to announce the affiliation with CORE. They are a very professional organsition and will definitely help strengthen the series."

Final Specifications for each car are yet to be confirmed and will be announced at a later date, as soon as testing is complete. The circuits for the 2015 series have all been settled on, with an further announcement regarding a 2015 Calendar to come following the confirmation of various dates.

V8Supercars.jpg

2014 Changes

Cars

RWD V8 Production based cars with additional aerodynamic modifiactions

Damage Now introduced.

Races

3 Different Types of Race Formats, Super Sprint, Super Street and Enduro

Super Sprint

Consists of 3 x 50 km races on Permanent Circuits

Super Street

Consists of 2 x 125-250 km race on Street Circuits

Greater Emphasis places on Tyre and Fuel Strategy

Enduro (TBD)

Long distance events requiring a co driver

Events are likely to be High Speed Ring 500, Bathurst 1000 and Monaco 600

Each driver required to complete half of the racing distance with races taking place in 2 different rooms following the CORE WEC format.

Great changes Itz!! Looking forward to next season for sure! I'm a bit bummed that I DC'ed tonight but it happens, you just got to move on and keep heading forwards, will be there for next round though!

Bad luck on the disconnection, just a bit of advice, please refrain from typing messages in the forum during the race as it does get a bit distracting. Other than that, good night.

It was frustrating for me tonight, that opening corner mistake really cost me. Along with the mistake after passing NW at the top of the mountain, then running wide at the chase and then spinning ay Griffins bend! I'm sure I lost well over 20 seconds in that race! But overall, it is a "good points day" ;)

Good race itz, unfortunately, you caught me right as my tyres started giving up, and I had lost my handling balance. That robbed me of a good battle with you. Although it wouldnt have lasted long, your car was faster in every way than mine lol. I think my best lap was about a second slower than yours. I never gave up though, if it wasnt for my big spin before pitting I could have finished about ten seconds or so closer. But, coulda shoulda woulda, thats racing!

Anyway, next season is looking pretty good! What cars will be on offer? Will they be coupes or sedans? Always thought a sports sedan series would be cool.

Bad luck on the disconnection, just a bit of advice, please refrain from typing messages in the forum during the race as it does get a bit distracting. Other than that, good night.
Yeah sorry bout that, thought I better say something so it didn't look like rage quit or something like that. Anyway, great racing, I exceeded what I thought I would do with only 10 laps of practice, looking forward to the next round. Next season I may be able to field a team of 4 if the time is right, all four guys being from the great organisation of GTOR. What would the starting time/day be for next season so I can begin to form a team?

Good race itz, unfortunately, you caught me right as my tyres started giving up, and I had lost my handling balance. That robbed me of a good battle with you. Although it wouldnt have lasted long, your car was faster in every way than mine lol. I think my best lap was about a second slower than yours. I never gave up though, if it wasnt for my big spin before pitting I could have finished about ten seconds or so closer. But, coulda shoulda woulda, thats racing!

Anyway, next season is looking pretty good! What cars will be on offer? Will they be coupes or sedans? Always thought a sports sedan series would be cool.

Yeah I got within sight of you and struggle for a little, and then i think you made a mistake at Hell corner which made it easy for me to pass! Was still a good race though, and you did a very good job on debut as a wildcard. I'm sure Mr. Ambrose wishes he had a performance like that as a Wildcard! :P

For most of them, they are coupes, but they are more like performance sedans than sports coupes, i'll have the car list posted with specs once we have the car specs confirmed.

Yeah sorry bout that, thought I better say something so it didn't look like rage quit or something like that. Anyway, great racing, I exceeded what I thought I would do with only 10 laps of practice, looking forward to the next round. Next season I may be able to field a team of 4 if the time is right, all four guys being from the great organisation of GTOR. What would the starting time/day be for next season so I can begin to form a team?

No problems. I did notice the dc message on the corner so that was cool, and usually you can tell when there is a dc anyway. :)

We are looking to start in March, following the N24. There will be 5 teams of 3 drivers (3 in each make, and i have the feeling spots might be keenly fought for next season. So I may have to look at different possibilities, regarding the series reaching capacity.

Bad luck on the disconnection, just a bit of advice, please refrain from typing messages in the forum during the race as it does get a bit distracting.

what about during the race man? hasn't this been a rule since day 1? its great when a message comes up on the screen and hides the last corner chicane while racing! why cant these messages wait till the end of the race? just saying ;)

the new changes coming look great, im glad to see Damage on, and V8'S!!! cant wait. not sure about the co-driver part though.

congrats MT, you are a top racer man. ITZ simply bloody fast bud. Mike, 3rd man, top job, you're fast.

Ben, everytime i caught up i'd do something silly lol, good job for a nice 25 laps hanging in there man. and gas, you hung in there bud. i could see you on the map, i couldn't seem to shake you off lol.

cheers and great racing ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if youre coming last, never quit. You could end up making up places through the mistakes of those ahead. And depending how many finish ahead of you, you will score valuable points that could one day make or break your season. Thats the way I see it :)

Latest Posts

Back