Track Stars Touring Car Series - Series Finished - Mtla1984 is the ChampionFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 841 comments
Cannot agree any more with @Mike_grpA! However I do know that NW definitely didnt rage quit tonight, and I dont think Smiley did either. Sometimes when its not your night it really goes downhill quick. I know there have been some races where I end up behind a fair bit, Turn my focus to getting myself in tune with the car and track for the remainder of the race and use it as good practice, only to find myself disconnecting!

E mate don't be too harsh on yourself!, you're undeniably fast, a real driver and is simply a pleasure to have had you join the series!..
on my tail tonight for the first lap i was sweating bullets knowing one slip and you would be a mile ahead in no time flat, i must say i was rather relieved when you spun!. It actually afforded me some time to collect my thoughts and coach myself through the next few laps into a good flow!..
Will be great to have you there from the start next season so we are all on the same page car wise, we ob had a few months getting to know our drives on you so for you to just step into the series, take a win and stick in some AMAZING lap times i'd have to say watch out everyone! im certainly not sleeping on your ability thats for sure!

cheers for the props regarding the win, am really proud of the effort!

learning a track a week def isn't easy but its one of the parts i love, most of this years events where held at circuits i didnt really know but i must say it has been a great challenge and made the year even more realistic!.

BRING ON THE FINALE!!!!!!!! plenty of prac will be had this week, i think i did at least 2 race distances a day at bathurst... prob gonna have to do the same again if i wanna shake this title from Itz!!

:)!

dang! next year is gonna be fantastic!.. so many good drivers! :) will take twice the effort to get half the result! LETS GO!!..

We are looking to start in March, following the N24. There will be 5 teams of 3 drivers (3 in each make, and i have the feeling spots might be keenly fought for next season. So I may have to look at different possibilities, regarding the series reaching capacity.
Ok, that'll probably sit well as it'll give us all time to gel before then and work a car choice out. 4 is how many I would like to enter but I think I'll only be able to get two as it'll be a bit of an odd time for the UK guys.

Ok, that'll probably sit well as it'll give us all time to gel before then and work a car choice out. 4 is how many I would like to enter but I think I'll only be able to get two as it'll be a bit of an odd time for the UK guys.

I still haven't told everyone what time slot the races will be in yet. ;)

Teams will probably have a maximum of 3 drivers per make, which will mean a field of 15 cars. So one driver may have to be content with a reserve/co driver role, unless they want to fill a space in another car.

thanks for the kind words as always MT ;)
though you pulled away down the main strait nicely man.

if anyone has time to watch the reply, on lap 4, jump into my car, and watch what NW's car does going down conrod straight. usually the reply doesnt show it for me lol. but whats the go? no other cars do it apart from NW. fyi: this happened the whole lap, i wasnt sure what to do but stay back. maybe connection issues, other devices running in the back ground? hope it can be fixed man.

Teams will probably have a maximum of 3 drivers per make, which will mean a field of 15 cars. So one driver may have to be content with a reserve/co driver role, unless they want to fill a space in another car.

i'll wrap my brain around this soon enough and understand it more lol.

I still haven't told everyone what time slot the races will be in yet. ;)

But would I'd be right in guessing it will be sometime around the 7pm-8pm slot? ;)

if anyone has time to watch the reply, on lap 4, jump into my car, and watch what NW's car does going down conrod straight. usually the reply doesnt show it for me lol. but whats the go? no other cars do it apart from NW. fyi: this happened the whole lap, i wasnt sure what to do but stay back. maybe connection issues, other devices running in the back ground? hope it can be fixed man.

Yeah, I did a bit of Sherlock Holmes-ing and found two possible reasons for me disconnecting.
1. I didn't clear my cache before the race, but I never do anyway and I seem to never have connection issues &
2. My siblings were using the Apple TV which put too much stress on the network and caused me to disconnect.

I'd go for number 2 as it hasn't been the first time it has happened but what I do know is that we have gone over our internet usage so my network is significantly slower than usual, hence why I disconnected twice last night, the first time on track then the second time when I returned.

Hopefully time slot doesnt change too much. Im unlikely to be free during the day, ive always got things i need to do, and i go to the gym 6 days a week for an hour and a half each time, and im flat out with my son in the late arvo, usually im having tea about 6:30 - 7, after he goes to bed.

pretty much 7pm onwards is the only time im likely to have free. I may be free at other times for practice, but with absolutely no certainty. 7pm onwards is the only time I can be certain to be able to keep free.

I'll be able to put full commitment to the next round for practice as I've been on holidays for the past week and will be for the next 6 weeks so I have a good shot for a podium at SSR5. I'll host some club lobbies between now and then if anyone is free and wants to practice!

Wow, so much to reply to!

Yeah, I did a bit of Sherlock Holmes-ing and found two possible reasons for me disconnecting.
1. I didn't clear my cache before the race, but I never do anyway and I seem to never have connection issues &
2. My siblings were using the Apple TV which put too much stress on the network and caused me to disconnect.

I'd go for number 2 as it hasn't been the first time it has happened but what I do know is that we have gone over our internet usage so my network is significantly slower than usual, hence why I disconnected twice last night, the first time on track then the second time when I returned.

Personally I see the cache clearing as an insurance policy. It is a bit like changing to oil on the race car. If you do the little things, failures then become less likely. It's always a good habit to do it in my opinion.

Hopefully time slot doesnt change too much. Im unlikely to be free during the day, ive always got things i need to do, and i go to the gym 6 days a week for an hour and a half each time, and im flat out with my son in the late arvo, usually im having tea about 6:30 - 7, after he goes to bed.

pretty much 7pm onwards is the only time im likely to have free. I may be free at other times for practice, but with absolutely no certainty. 7pm onwards is the only time I can be certain to be able to keep free.

Yeah the timeslot as such wont change but I'm looking at moving to Sunday nights. This will mean it will be a Sunday Morning UK time which will make it slightly easier for everyone in Europe to race as well, if they wish.

Wow, so much to reply to!

Personally I see the cache clearing as an insurance policy. It is a bit like changing to oil on the race car. If you do the little things, failures then become less likely. It's always a good habit to do it in my opinion.

Yeah the timeslot as such wont change but I'm looking at moving to Sunday nights. This will mean it will be a Sunday Morning UK time which will make it slightly easier for everyone in Europe to race as well, if they wish.
I've cleared it once, did it before the HSR 500 but I disconnected then twice so I don't do it anymore, I'll do it occasionally fro time to time if I've got nothing else to do after washing my cars in GT6, and by the way @Mtla1984, your poor Alfa needs a wash, just looking at it on the grid you can see it is fairly dirty ;), but that barely happens. And changing the oil reminds me, I think I need to do Body Rigidity, the poor Merc hit 2,000km's last night!

we have laptops, computers and god knows what else running off the net. but Thursday night, for 2 hours everything gets completely switched off, including iinet tv box. i mean like, 2 hours a week will not kill anyone. its dad time!

having anyone using the net while you race effects the whole entire room. not just you. cheers.

we have laptops, computers and god knows what else running off the net. but Thursday night, for 2 hours everything gets completely switched off. i mean like, 2 hours a week will not kill anyone. its dad time!

having anyone using the net while you race effects the whole entire room. not just you. cheers.
I understand, but I don't have any say in my family and they certainly won't do what I want them to do for me since I do go-karts. But, hey, it was the only time it has happened this series so it isn't a big deal yet, unless it happens next week and then there'll be a problem! (for my siblings, not you guys! :lol:)

Nw, I saw you were saying last night you had excessive front tyre wear. Im assuming then you cant tame that horrible understeer the merc has? I am running a tune so ridiculously biased for oversteer that if done in a real car, you would only have to breathe on the wheel and it would swap ends instantly lol, and yet, still tons of understeer...

im currently running max front downforce, min rear, a large rearward brake bias, with rears set to 10, higher rear spring rates, stiffer rear arb, and a ridiculous amount of negative rear toe. Also have the decel as low as itll go on the diff. It doesnt have much scope in the settings to tune more oversteer into it, yet still more understeer than im happy with lol.

I prefer oversteer to be the limiting factor, chassis wise, but im starting to think ill have to just put up with it and drive around it as best I can for this last race.

Nw, I saw you were saying last night you had excessive front tyre wear. Im assuming then you cant tame that horrible understeer the merc has? I am running a tune so ridiculously biased for oversteer that if done in a real car, you would only have to breathe on the wheel and it would swap ends instantly lol, and yet, still tons of understeer...

im currently running max front downforce, min rear, a large rearward brake bias, with rears set to 10, higher rear spring rates, stiffer rear arb, and a ridiculous amount of negative rear toe. Also have the decel as low as itll go on the diff. It doesnt have much scope in the settings to tune more oversteer into it, yet still more understeer than im happy with lol.

I prefer oversteer to be the limiting factor, chassis wise, but im starting to think ill have to just put up with it and drive around it as best I can for this last race.
It isn't understeer, I've got the Merc hooking in now, but I think it just may be because of how the springs or downforce are set, but I definitely don't have understeer anymore. I'm thinking it may just be driving style because I used Nasanu's setup just slightly tweaked and it had the same problems in relation to tyre wear, just less severe then what my setup was, the one I gave you.

The setup you sent me has significantly more understeer than the one im using though. But perhaps its harder to tell with the controller. Understeer is definitely the limiting factor of this chassis though.

Race Results - Round 6 Bathurst

Qualifying

1st: MTLA1984 - 2:04.511 (1 Point)
2nd: ItzRacing - 2:04.570
3rd: Mike_grpA - 2:05.680
4th: Elvis - 2:05.843
5th: fullgas62 - 2:06.928
6th: bencrow_ - 2:06.928
7th: NW48 - 2:08.037
8th: Smiley87 - No Time Set

Race Results

1st: MTLA1984 - 52:58.834 - 120 Points + 3 Bonus
2nd: ItzRacing - +10.393 - 102 Points + 1 Bonus
3rd: Mike_grpA - +23.579 - 87 Points + 1 Bonus
4th: bencrow_ - +1:11.781 - 72 Points
5th: fullgas62 - +1:12.406 - 60 Points
6th: Elvis - +1:46.267 - 48 Points
DNF: NW48 - 36 Points
DNS: Smiley87 - 30 Points

Fastest Lap - ItzRacing - 2:04.326

Laps Led

MTLA1984 - 24 Laps
Mike_grpA - 1 Lap

my heart skipped a beat when i saw the points!!!!! :D :D :D!!!!!

come on title!... i am gonna do 9 million laps this week, i hope you know that Itz!..

Mike you deserved the points!, strong as hell performance!

Hey Erracht thats not good to hear!, i am sending you my best with all the positivity i can muster!
you are def more than welcome to finish off the last race with us all if you like? would be GREAT to have you there!

and of course will be great to have you back and able to compete! peace mate be well :)

Ill have a practice room open tonight at around 7:30 for those interested. Itll be open for a while as I plan on doing some long run practice. Everyone welcome to come see how your setup stacks up to each other. :)

will be fairly late mike mate, gotta pick up the misses from work and take her to get a new trendy girl bike that weighs far too much for it to be practical... ha ha ha!

ha ha ha no i like Murray plenty...

i just make stupid as hell pics and this one was begging for some potter action i can tell you!

it always makes me laugh ;)

oh update on the misses bike, it was far more practical than at first imagined!

Back