Track Stars Touring Car Series - Series Finished - Mtla1984 is the ChampionFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 841 comments
do we have a room open tonight ITZ? just logged in to PS, and seems GT6 is updating again!
thought i'd just ask while its updating. :grumpy:

Yeah, my attendance tomorrow isn't guaranteed. I'm just a tad bit busy between the IFFC and testing for GTORacing for our planned 2015 assault so I may have to give it a miss.

do we have a room open tonight ITZ? just logged in to PS, and seems GT6 is updating again!
thought i'd just ask while its updating. :grumpy:

Oops, apparently GTPlanets email system didnt view these messages as being important enough to inform me about them...

Well there might have been a room, but I wasnt in it, as I was busy playing with a real race car.

Yeah, my attendance tomorrow isn't guaranteed. I'm just a tad bit busy between the IFFC and testing for GTORacing for our planned 2015 assault so I may have to give it a miss.

We will see you tomorrow night. ;)

Drivers Briefing - Round 16

SSR_5.gif

Circuit: Special Stage Route 5
Race Distance: 1 x 40 Lap Race
Circuit Time: N/A
Circuit Weather: N/A

Well the time has come. We are just one race away from the conclusion of the Australian Track Stars Touring Car Series and the crowning of a champion. There have plenty of up and down moments throughout the series, and everyone has made their contribution towards the success this season has been in their own ways. So it is now time for the last drivers briefing of the season.

Track Limits

There are no track limits for us to be concerned about. Basically everyone's main concern will be avoiding becoming a 400hp, 1000+ kg Pinball for 40 laps!

Car Contact

Being another street circuit, there are definitely walls close by for cars to bounce off, so please take caution and remain alert when following other cars closely.

Round Schedule

7:00PM ACDT - Room Opens
7:50PM ACDT - Cars to Enter Track for Spec Checking
8:00PM ACDT - Start of Qualifying (10 Mins)
8:10PM ACDT - SSR 150 Race (40 Laps)

Final Message

Good luck to everyone to taking part in the race tomorrow night and may the best drivers win the race, and the championship. Finally a big thank you for everyone who has competed in this years series. I look forward to having as many of you take part next season as we can possibly have. It has been a pleasure to have you all join me on this journey this year, and while we have had some issues throughout the season. It has been great having everyone on board.

Basically everyone's main concern will be avoiding becoming a 400hp, 1000+ kg Pinball for 40 laps!

LOL!

Oops, apparently GTPlanets email system didnt view these messages as being important enough to inform me about them...

well im not getting emails either since a few days ago on updates to this thread.

though im already for next season, bring it on ;)

FINALE!....

oh my god.... nervous!.... so... much.... PRESSURE!.....

:) CANT WAIT!!

have noticed in the recent past the thread has been a bit quiet.. everyone keeping tight lipped and practicing alone it seems! JEEEEZ this is gonna be an exciting end of the year!

a HUGE congrats to all who have attended if even only for a race or 2!

you have all made it an INCREDIBLY fun year and worth every minute thats for sure!!

WILL see you all next season for another great series! :)

Last edited:
I think it's just been really tense this week. Personally I'm hoping for a major miracle to turn this Opel around and hold on for the championship. I'm really regretting my mistakes at Tsukuba and Bathurst at the moment, which would've seen the title all but wrapped up!

A minor set back. The family decided to have a dinner for my grandpas birthday. Hopefully I will be back well in time for the start of the night.

I am pretty confident.... that mt will be the fastest. Lol.
Seriously though, I have got every single last tenth of performance out of the merc, the tune im running now is so extreme its ridiculous, but somehow it works.
I would be happy to help out with the parity testing of next years cars if you need another tester itz. Im a consistent driver, and have a good understanding of tuning.

I'm a very unlikely chance for tonight, right now the IFFC and GTORacing are just more important than this, that and in the 8 laps I did today, my best was a measly 1.22.4. Since everyone is taking this so seriously, I don't want to get in the way. If I do show up tonight, I'm not expecting much and won't race unless I get down to a 1.21 so I'm not getting in the way of a title fight. 👍

Fair enough nw, I think the fastest times on low fuel should be in the mid 18s.
yeah maybe for you lol :D no chance i'll even get in the 19's on that track. but tire wear will be a massive issue. like, how quick the tires wear out is crazy. will be interesting race. i'll be playing it safe tonight and enjoy the show ;)
good luck to all.

Thanks for an awesome race guys. So happy to have joined such a great series, with so many talented, clean drivers. And to back my debut podium up with a win in my second race is just awesome. Makes all those kms practice well worth it lol.

Yeah DEF a BIG congrats to all that showed and gave it their all!!, as Mike said and i have all year, you guys are incredibly fun to race with and honestly is a pleasure committing my time to a series with such a great TALENTED bunch!.. i did well over 13,000 k's prac for this series... taking the title has made it ALL worthwhile though i am regretful to see it happen this way, D/C's SUCK!... i get that they are a part of the online world, as too are engine failures in races, but to not even be left with an option Brabham/Rosberg style of pushing the car over the line is horrible.

Well done to Itz, at times i was being left in his dust, also that of which i created for myself in the sand pits chasing every corner with everything i had... i gave this my all and it was such a reward to have to fight for anything i achieved!
(best race of my life at Nurb and i LOST!)

NEVER SLEEPING on what he is a driver and event organizer, i would surely join any series hosted without fear of it being done any other way than correctly!

PEACE GUYS!, was an absolute blast!...

now onto testing for season 2 (online)!!

Just watched the replay of that race. WOW... I wont be deleting that anytime soon. A first win is always gonna be special, but the racing between me and mt was so good and so close, by far the closest racing ive had on gt. Its really good fun to watch. Were both on the absolute ragged edge, yet keep totally clean. Only bad move was by me, where I hit mt into the hairpin and got him sideways, but I slowed down right away to penalise myself and give the place back, and ended up inadvertantly giving up second to itz too lol.

so fun to watch, almost as fun as it was to race. Youre a superstar mt, congrats again on the series win!

LOL! thanks Mike mate! that means a lot!

it was incredible! a REAL dog fight and absolutely fair as hell!, yeah the hairpin was wild but i saw you drop back so knew it was going to be a really good strong battle without fear of bad intentions. You also are a mental case behind that wheel!... SO bloody good... THOROUGHLY deserved win, congrats! i will def take a look at the replay tomorrow.. am still WIRED as from it all... i cant tell you how stressed i have been the last month! HA HA HA!!!! i know it will blow my mind though... it was one of those races i drive for! grrrrrr. i think im 0/2 when it comes to multiple lap wheel to wheel battles.... i will have to watch some replays, but of all the GREAT ones i can remember i have come off second best! LOL!

close racing i live for!..

i just like to thank ITZ for having me in the team and the Opel team. after tonight and ITZ out of the room. i hope i did enough to give Opel the win over all. fingers crossed.

tonight, i set my own car up close to default settings, just enough to feel comfortable and sit back and watch the top 2 on the board go at it. bad luck for ITZ timing out. congrats to MT for the over all win, i know how much you wanted it mate. great stuff. congrats to ben who im pretty sure has 3rd over all. and to everyone else.

for once at the start of a few laps i didnt mind you guys getting away tonight, i was just there to drive tonight as i was pretty slow all week. so i didnt push myself into a wall, or in the grass under pressure. but, it wasnt till around lap maybe 14 to 18, or after the pit, i picked up the pace pretty damn good and actually didnt do to bad on low grip lol. tonight was a race i thought i did go well, and powered pretty well the whole race, which should of happened for me at bathurst, which that night was my 40th birthday, wow talk about bad luck that night lol. should i have had my party instead? na, i couldnt miss bathurst with my new aussie mates :D dedication? i don't know.

anyways, well done to everyone i have raced with since i joined. now, looking forwards to next season in V8's. a fresh start and fresh start to a year. lets see what next year brings for my new team.

ok, so im guessing its over and out for this thread. so see you on the new one.

cheers all ;)

P.S try to get some sleep MT! as i know you're still on a high man :D

Thanks E mate you are a bloody champ!

:D yeah i'm still pumped as! it did mean a heap! WOOP!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! you should have said! :) would have wished it to you then!!!!

Was really a pleasure having you race with us and cant wait to see what next season brings! :)

i am also pretty sure you did help Opel take the constructors title! VERY well done mate!

not sure of the points situation at the mo regarding 3rd!

Congrats on your championship win MT, well done buddy
i know how hard you worked for it.
Thanks to Itz for this series, I really enjoyed it when I got out. Sorry about recent absences, some were my fault, others not.
Lastly thanks to all you fellas racing, its been great meeting more good guys and great CLEAN racers.

Back