Tracks you don't want to be in GT6

• Thread starter karelpipa
  • 153 comments

(multiple choice possible!) Which tracks you don't want to see in GT6?

• Autumn Ring

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Autumn Ring Mini

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Cape Ring Full Course

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • Cape Ring Inside

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Cape Ring North

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Cape Ring Periphery

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Cape Ring South

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Clubman Stage Route 5

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Deep Forest

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Eiger Nordwand Short Track

• Grand Valley East Section

• Grand Valley Speedway

• High Speed Ring

• London

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Madrid

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Madrid Mini

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Rome

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Special Stage Route 5

• Special Stage Route 7

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Special Stage Route X

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Tokyo Route 246

• Trial Mountain

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • (Rally) Chamonix Main

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • (Rally) Chamonix East

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • (Rally) Chamonix West

• (Rally) Chamonix Mini

• (Rally) Eiger Nordwand G Trail

• (Rally) Eiger Nordwand K Trail

• (Rally) Eiger Nordwand W Trail

• (Rally) Toscana

Votes: 14 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Getting rid of fantasy tracks could help provide only real-world tracks. However, you take out the real personality and creativity of the game developer. So I strongly disagree with getting rid of the fantasy courses. And besides- what would be Gran Turismo 6's signature race track if you got rid of the fantasy courses? You don't want to see Grand Valley Speedway (which I consider GT's signature course) go? Another good thing- you don't need to worry about trying to get licensing rights to use a certain track because YOU CREATED IT!

That's what makes fantasy courses great- you provide racing experiences exclusive to that game. You are not only marketing a game, but you're also marketing the developer. Fantasy courses are a reflection of the creativity of the developer as well as to provide racing experiences only possible with that game and that developer. Even with tracks that seem incredibly unrealistic to be actual tracks, creativity and distinction both take a serious hit without these unique fantasy courses. You just really lose identity from a track perspective when you don't create a solid fantasy course. So keep the fantasy courses.

Dump all fantasy tracks, use only real world tracks.

I agree. improve them or just dump them.
All of the fantasy tracks are extremely poorly made. Some are ok but not as good, they seem outdated.
GT5 (original/fantasy) tracks seem to be limited by PS1 capabilities. That, I don't like!

Regarding the Poll -> Where is the "none" option!? :confused:

BT -> I don't think omitting certain tracks is a good idea on any racing (simulation) game. As far as I've said countless times on my defunct thread, Do not delete, bring back, then add.

I think that some tracks should not have been created in its current layout.

And some 1st gen tracks needs complete overhaul (high spped ring, god its awful; no grandstands making it very boring looking and without cambered esses its not the best solution)

So there is none none option :)

Last edited:
^ In my opinion, there were 2 HSR's: one was the '90s on which is from GT1 & GT2, and the '00s which was in GT4 and now in GT5. You like the '90s better. ;)

HSR is alright but the layout is getting pretty boring now, there isn't much challenge to it and they could do with adding another loop to it somewhere.

To be honest, I'm not really crazy about tunnels; so I can't say I'm real excited about seeing a tunnel for High Speed Ring in GT4 and GT5 versions of High Speed Ring. I sometimes see it more like "let's make every track like Circuit de Monaco (the legendary G.P. of Monaco course)" with the tunnels. Especially the GT5 version is gorgeous. One thing about fantasy courses is that you can screw up or innovate them as much as you like. Keep the current flow going, but you can mess them up any way you like. Could it mean that Deep Forest could have super-fancy buildings and neon strobe lighting around parts of the track? Yes. Would we want that? Absolutely not. But since PD created the track, they could do whatever the hell they want with their course. I especially wouldn't want Deep Forest to be even less of a forest.

Let me just say this again- PD DOES listen to its fans. Maybe not you specifically, but there's a difference. I said here on GTPlanet long ago that the chicane after the final chicane at Grand Valley Speedway should be widened and smoothened when GT4 was in the works. Compare GT3's Grand Valley to GT4's Grand Valley at that chicane. So while they may not necessarily look at your comments word-for-word, your input DOES matter. Trust me.

Haven't you noticed? PD are obsessed with tunnels. Pretty much every fictional circuit has a tunnel of some sort. They couldn't even resist on a high speed test oval.

-> ...
I said here on GTPlanet long ago that the chicane after the final chicane at Grand Valley Speedway should be widened and smoothened when GT4 was in the works. Compare GT3's Grand Valley to GT4's Grand Valley at that chicane. Trust me.
^ While I was researching during my missing track stint. I really noticed that GVR '90s, '00/A, & '00/B are very different on a very distinct manner (tested and re-tested ALL OF THEM). Sorta like what they did on Fuji in real life. Newer GT fans wouldn't understand much. ;)

Haven't you noticed? PD are obsessed with tunnels. Pretty much every fictional circuit has a tunnel of some sort. They couldn't even resist on a high speed test oval.
^ So that explains it! On why Tahiti Road, Rome Night, Test Course '90s, & Grindelwald aren't on any GT game after GT2! :boggled:

I can't believe anyone would vote for a track not to be in the Sim. IMO we need all these and many more, for this reason I chose not to vote.

I wouldn't cry if we got rid of R7, RX and Cape Ring and PD in turn gave us Red Rock Valley, Apricot Hill, Midfield, Seatle, Route 11 (PLEASE PD!) etc. 👍

whereSTheFUhd
What does getting rid of certain tracks that are already made have to do with including new tracks?

1: PD did it to GT5.

2: I never said it had a direct connection, all I said was if PD decides to scrap some GT5 tracks then let it be Cape Ring, R7 and RX.

Good, if they like tunnels so much, there's no excuse to not bring back Seattle.

1: PD did it to GT5.

2: I never said it had a direct connection, all I said was if PD decides to scrap some GT5 tracks then let it be Cape Ring, R7 and RX.

It's not a good thing that PD scrapped some tracks for GT5. Plus, Cape Ring is a good enough track to stay, and we need a test track of some sort.

Time out... what?! We should be able to get any tracks back. Are we afraid that's it's gonna take more time? More disk space?

On a completely different subject, it would be nice if the night tracks have "stars" again. Right now it's just a cloudy, dark, boring sky.

Every single fantasy track should be kicked out. The game claims to be the real driving simulator so why are tracks that aren't real in it? They all suck big time especially that vastly over-hyped bore-fest that is Midfield, a track so boring PD even decided the joke was over. Get rid of them all and add real world tracks in their place, there's hardly a shortage of them.

XPOWER180
Every single fantasy track should be kicked out. The game claims to be the real driving simulator so why are tracks that aren't real in it? They all suck big time especially that vastly over-hyped bore-fest that is Midfield, a track so boring PD even decided the joke was over. Get rid of them all and add real world tracks in their place, there's hardly a shortage of them.

Sorry but that's bull, some of the best tracks I've ever raced on in a game are gt made tracks like trial mountain, grand vally, deep forrest ect. Gt would be nothing without these absolute classics, infact I want more of the old tracks back fully re rendered for ps3, don't get me wrong I love the real world tracks too like spa but tracks like trial mountain are the work of a genius and no other racing/driving game has anything like them.

XPOWER180

How could you?! PD would lose many a fan if they removed them.

Every single fantasy track should be kicked out. The game claims to be the real driving simulator so why are tracks that aren't real in it?
Because what tracks you race on are completely irrelevant to the tagline. Plus, you know, it's only a tagline; so it isn't something the game should be strangled over.

Back