Tracks you don't want to be in GT6

• Thread starter karelpipa
  • 153 comments

(multiple choice possible!) Which tracks you don't want to see in GT6?

• Autumn Ring

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Autumn Ring Mini

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Cape Ring Full Course

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • Cape Ring Inside

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Cape Ring North

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Cape Ring Periphery

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Cape Ring South

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Clubman Stage Route 5

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Deep Forest

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Eiger Nordwand Short Track

• Grand Valley East Section

• Grand Valley Speedway

• High Speed Ring

• London

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Madrid

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Madrid Mini

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Rome

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Special Stage Route 5

• Special Stage Route 7

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Special Stage Route X

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Tokyo Route 246

• Trial Mountain

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • (Rally) Chamonix Main

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • (Rally) Chamonix East

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • (Rally) Chamonix West

• (Rally) Chamonix Mini

• (Rally) Eiger Nordwand G Trail

• (Rally) Eiger Nordwand K Trail

• (Rally) Eiger Nordwand W Trail

• (Rally) Toscana

Votes: 14 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every single fantasy track should be kicked out. The game claims to be the real driving simulator so why are tracks that aren't real in it? They all suck big time especially that vastly over-hyped bore-fest that is Midfield, a track so boring PD even decided the joke was over. Get rid of them all and add real world tracks in their place, there's hardly a shortage of them.

Somebody cares only for themselves and no one else. You're wanting to kick the majority of my favorite tracks out of GT, just because of the word, real driving simulator? Those tracks you're wanting out have meanings in them, despite them being fantasy.

Somebody cares only for themselves and no one else. You're wanting to kick the majority of my favorite tracks out of GT, just because of the word, real driving simulator? Those tracks you're wanting out have meanings in them, despite them being fantasy.

Yes, I want to kick them out but do you think PD will let me? No, so calm down, it's just a fantasy poll!!

A driving simulator doesn't need real environments to be a driving simulator.

For example, a train simulator on a pc doesn't need real life railroads to be a train simulator, does it?

And pc driving simulators don't need real roads, do they?

-> ...
Then explain Red Rock Valley. :P
^ Hmmm, good point! :ouch:

It's not a good thing that PD scrapped some tracks for GT5. Plus, Cape Ring is a good enough track to stay, and we need a test track of some sort.
^ As stated on my defunct thread. I'd rather not see tracks to be scrapped! In fact I'd rather see all the tracks on my old thread back! :grumpy:

Every single fantasy track should be kicked out. The game claims to be the real driving simulator so why are tracks that aren't real in it? They all suck big time especially that vastly over-hyped bore-fest that is Midfield, a track so boring PD even decided the joke was over. Get rid of them all and add real world tracks in their place, there's hardly a shortage of them.

-> iRacing and other hardcore PC sims have fantasy tracks, I don't see (some) games have NO fantasy tracks. That is why I ignore FIA F1 games. :indiff:

-> I agree that Midfield '00s is boring (compared to Midfield '90s from GT2 & GT3), but its not a logical reason to scrap it just like that. Who knows, there are fans that like Midfield '00s very much!

-> Um, that would be (very, very) boring.

:indiff:

Actually, I liked Midfield a lot more than the fictional tracks we currently get. Generally speaking, most of the city tracks are too narrow and boring to drive on. The only original track that I don't like in GT5 is Cape Ring, which is too busy and also not fun to drive on.

If I could trade the fictional tracks in GT5 for real ones, such as Infineon, I would definitely do it. However, tracks are not like trading cards, you can't just trade them. Plus, I'm going to guess that GT5 tracks will be ported to GT6, so there's no point in getting rid of them. On the other hand, if PD decided to make new tracks from scratch, then I'd urge them to focus on real tracks.

A driving simulator doesn't need real environments to be a driving simulator.

For example, a train simulator on a pc doesn't need real life railroads to be a train simulator, does it?

And pc driving simulators don't need real roads, do they?

That's the worst analogy I have ever read in my life.

I really don't understand why people don't want Route X. It's for speed testing.

I disagree. As long as there's a road to drive on...

Kind of like why SSR7 and people don't want it THEIR BORING!!!! lol

No in all seriousness I'm not a huge fan of Test Course, but I can see why people want it back even I had great runs on it in GT4 and GT3.

Again Cape Ring and many other tracks are just too darn boring that's the biggest problem there is no life in these tracks. In GT4 racing most of those tracks I felt as though I was there(on many tracks especially Grand Canyon).

These new tracks just fail to capture that Madrid isn't too bad nor is London, but too narrow is the issue.

I want my New York back dagnabbit.

Why remove tracks from GT? If anything, the game needs more of them.

GT5 does we know, but some of the new tracks can GTFO too boring and they look like they were an afterthought mostly especially Cape Ring it doesn't look finished.

I'd rather have SSR11 than SSR7 for starters as well.

Didn't vote, I want all of these - As many as possible in fact.

Only the real-life circuits should have weather and time change though.

-> iRacing and other hardcore PC sims have fantasy tracks, I don't see (some) games have NO fantasy tracks. That is why I ignore FIA F1 games. :indiff:

Name the fantasy track in iRacing. Or are you referring to Centripetal Circuit, the dedicated testing "track" which is essentially a circular car park?

I really don't understand why people don't want Route X. It's for speed testing.

Because it's too long of a track, and you really don't get a sense of speed.

A couple of tracks do need makeovers though, like SSR7, Trial Mountain, and Deep Forest.

Because it's too long of a track, and you really don't get a sense of speed.
You're not getting his point. It's a test track. It's not necessarily supposed to be fun to drive on. The sole purpose of the track is for 0-60 runs, top speed runs, etc.

-> ...
Name the fantasy track in iRacing. Or are you referring to Centripetal Circuit, the dedicated testing "track" which is essentially a circular car park?
^ Somewhat, but its still technically a fantasy track. ;)

A couple of tracks do need makeovers though, like SSR7, Trial Mountain, and Deep Forest.
^ The current versions of Trial Mountain and Deep Forest are fine in my opinion, PD just needs to revive those older designs from GT1-GT3 like they did to Fuji in GT4. ;)

-> SSR7 on the other hand REALLY needs improvement. When the track was introduced, it felt like a rush job like a beta build of some sorts.

GT5 does we know, but some of the new tracks can GTFO too boring and they look like they were an afterthought mostly especially Cape Ring it doesn't look finished.

I'd rather have SSR11 than SSR7 for starters as well.

I don't like Cape Ring either, :lol:, but no one is forcing you to race on them, dude. Besides, how does removing a track like Cape Ring affect GT6, other than taking away a track that some may happen to like? It's not like they have to re-model Cape Ring for GT6 with time that could be used to add a track you like. It's already made.

Perhaps a compromise would be for PD to use Cape Ring less for their Seasonal Events/GT Mode events.

It's entirely up to you to do the Cape Ring seasonal races or not. Heck, you don't even have to complete A-Spec if you don't want to. If you want to complete A-Spec mode so badly, then prepare to have to race on a few tracks you might not like. :lol: If it's such a huge problem then sell GT5 if you don't like it's collection of tracks, simples.

More is still better IMO.

It's entirely up to you to do the Cape Ring seasonal races or not. Heck, you don't even have to complete A-Spec if you don't want to. If you want to complete A-Spec mode so badly, then prepare to have to race on a few tracks you might not like. :lol: If it's such a huge problem then sell GT5 if you don't like it's collection of tracks, simples.

More is still better IMO.
PD should just set up an online poll to see what ratings people will give for each track. I've seen more Time Trials and Drift Trials at Cape Ring than I have for Suzuka. It's not that I want Cape Ring to burn and die, it's that I simply don't have much fun on it compared to other tracks like Tsukuba or the Nurburgring. And it's not a Cape Ring specific problem either. Regardless, this is only my opinion, so I think a poll will make a lot of sense.

On your last point, I agree, more is better. But there will probably be a time when PD will have to remodel their tracks from scratch, and they will have to choose which tracks go and which ones stay. To which I will urge them to find out which tracks people actually like and which tracks people don't like. Again, I think a poll will make a lot of sense.

I will not vote either, unless there is a "none" option. Add more than remove.
Improve the current ones, add Day/Sunset/Night/Weather to ALL tracks.
+ Add in historic layouts of each track. (Year option)
Fuji today, Fuji yesterday, Nurburgring from the 70s, etc.

The poll itself is actually dishonest, it should list every track to be "fair". Omitting some tracks is assuming everyone would want them left in.

"On your last point, I agree, more is better. But there will probably be a time when PD will have to remodel their tracks from scratch, and they will have to choose which tracks go and which ones stay. To which I will urge them to find out which tracks people actually like and which tracks people don't like"

Why must there be "less" if PD has to remodel again? GT5 was their base apparently, so they will work off of that.

As a matter of fact, has GT6 been confirmed to be a disk release at all? What if they offered GT6 as downloadable content that works off GT5 as a base, kinda like a total conversion mod in PC games.

I wouldn't want any removed, though a few of the "standard tracks" I'd like to see remodeled. GVS in particular, I'd like to see revert back to its GT1 or GT3 form. I'd like to see the jump at Cape Ring flattened out too, and Deep Forest modernized.

About SSR7: I don't race on it much, but it's a unique track, sort of a modern-japanese AVUS. I don't think it should be used much, if at all, in A-spec mode in GT6, but it should be an option for other modes (namely online) for sure.
I dont agree with shortening SSRX. Why? Its a test track. Test tracks are known to be extremely long. The GT4 test track was 6.5 miles long but that wasn't long enough to get a true top speed number. With SSRX you can get accurate top speed numbers.

As a test track it doesnt matter how interesting the racing is on it as long as it fulfills its purpose, which it does beautifully

In GT6 there should probably only be one race on SSRX, the legendary "Like the Wind" event and thats it.
Agree with every word. 👍

you need to list more bad tracks.. i like pretty much all of these except stage route x and 7...... and tracks like twin ring.. havent driven gt5 version yet but i don't think i will because ive never liked this track. coulda been the time of day. idk

PD PLZ READ THIS.

BRING ****ING STAGE ROUTE 11 BACK NOW!!!!!!!!

^^that's hate stage route we want... not crappy 7 and x... sry if u like these tracks but i hate em. I would rather see classic tracks brought back.

Back