Tracks you use to test on?

United States
Tennessee
tnfedexman
To get consistent results, I assume you use the same track for testing each tune. Maybe different tracks for different types of tunes. Looking to get better at this. Need a track suggestion for regular cars up to 800pp

I use the Nordschleife start up to and including the carousel, everything I need to look for there is there for me. High speed, low speed, wide turns and hairpin turns. First I need to see how this car performs on these very tough sections.

Later, with such a basic setup, I try to find exactly the right set-up for the required route.
However, this only refers to the routes that are then required in sport this week.

If it's just for testing, you can always just hit up these 3
20220319_180021.jpg

They don't use the BoP system so you know your settings will stay accurate.
Basically anything from 500pp to 800pp can just run into these and accurately test for racing. You don't have to stay, usually when I test things I just wait a few seconds and let everyone else get ahead, so I can concentrate on what I'm doing.
Then just leave, change whatever, and pop back in and try again.

A full lap around Nurburgring will test every aspect of tuning as well.

I test my Setups on Sardegna Track A Reverse - it has all a real testing track needs, a straight for high powered cars to run 320km/h+, fast corners, sharp hairpins, "normal" corners, even corners to test the balance of the car in a fast Right-left-corner balance Situation..

I like to use Tsukuba, mostly under the pretense that I am Keiichi Tsuchiya on a episode of Best Motoring. In all seriousness though, Tsukuba is my choice for testing on a quick flat surfaced course.

For acceleration and speed purposes I use Route X time trial and the first drag racing mission challenge.

Nürburgring GP to test overall handling, it has good elevation changes, and a variety of corners but it's not too long.

I use Deep Forest because it's kind of a micro Nurb. But I've loaded up the times in various high performance ranges, so I'm thinking another track is in order. One of the above most likely, or maybe a Dragon Trail short.

Currently Alsace Village Reverse. Granted that's only for cars up to 600pp and really only because me and a buddy are setting up to race there in the coming week.

Back