Training for 2015?

• Thread starter jml88
  • 94 comments
Australia
Australia
So I only just heard about the GT Academy as I have been living under a rock since '08. I understand that the event is not accessibly via GT6 anymore, but is it possible to select the car/track and get a good idea of how fast one is on the same setup? Or was it a custom car and track that cannot be accessed anymore?

as far as i know it was stock nissan cars and race spec nissans non altered. any and all tracks. ps first time at nationals this year for me didn't know what to expect.

as far as i know it was stock nissan cars and race spec nissans non altered. any and all tracks. ps first time at nationals this year for me didn't know what to expect.

Thanks for the reply (esp. from GT Academy royalty :bowdown:), just wanted to get a baseline to see where I am at compared to the rest of the group. Hopefully this will give me some good measures of how I'm progressing with my training (I've only ever played GT on psx, so lots).

Time to buy a wheel/ps3/gt6 and get some training in! :dopey:

Yeah , good luck.
If you want to practice real hard you can do i i'v done , i added some GT Academy finalist like Jett chandler ,Nick and Joe barbato and i race with them . They are so fast and you can learn so much from them.Also you get high quality races.My racing style got so much better after racing with those guys.

Also, I highly recommend practicing your time trialing speed on the seasonal events. That's pretty much how I've gone from a noob to a pro. There's soooo much I learned from chasing the ghosts of some of the greatest Gran Turismo players ever, such as Ramon, Immortal, and Ti-tech. :)

I don't think you can get the exact same car and track combos. Also they updated the game a few time since then so I would bet the times are no longer accurate. It is different every year so really all you need to do is work on speed in nissans. Laps times count over everything to make it to the nationals. After that race paces and "maybe" real car experience will get you to the next round.

Yeah , good luck.
If you want to practice real hard you can do i i'v done , i added some GT Academy finalist like Jett chandler ,Nick and Joe barbato and i race with them . They are so fast and you can learn so much from them.Also you get high quality races.My racing style got so much better after racing with those guys.

Also, I highly recommend practicing your time trialing speed on the seasonal events. That's pretty much how I've gone from a noob to a pro. There's soooo much I learned from chasing the ghosts of some of the greatest Gran Turismo players ever, such as Ramon, Immortal, and Ti-tech. :)

Really good advice. Race / Time Trial with the fastest drivers you can find.

I don't think you can get the exact same car and track combos. Also they updated the game a few time since then so I would bet the times are no longer accurate. It is different every year so really all you need to do is work on speed in nissans. Laps times count over everything to make it to the nationals. After that race paces and "maybe" real car experience will get you to the next round.

Really good advice. Race / Time Trial with the fastest drivers you can find.
A ghost of a friend who's a friend of another ghost told a little bird that I overheard telling another bird that next year's Nationals in the U.S. will most likely not contain any virtual competition.

So I only just heard about the GT Academy as I have been living under a rock since '08. I understand that the event is not accessibly via GT6 anymore, but is it possible to select the car/track and get a good idea of how fast one is on the same setup? Or was it a custom car and track that cannot be accessed anymore?
Well, add me on GT6 and see where you would stack up to qualify for GT Academy. Also like what @Doodle said, do the seasonals, watch the replys, race the ghosts and race with the best to be the best as you can be. That's how I did it, someone can't teach you how to be quicker over a game. Got to help yourself and race with the right fast people as much as you can. Goodluck :)

The issue is that the physics in the GTA trials aren't quite the same as the game. Therefore, it's more important to understand how to be fast in Gran Turismo. Figure out a baseline performance through the seasonals before looking at the fast guys' replays. Determine what they do differently and apply those lessons to your lap.

However, I cannot emphasize enough to obtain all the real life driving experience you can before making an attempt. The game matters to qualify for Finals but much less so after that.

On a side note, we usually hold GT Academy tailored races every year to help people prepare.

I have several clips on my channel if you want to see car/track combinations.

The issue is that the physics in the GTA trials aren't quite the same as the game. Therefore, it's more important to understand how to be fast in Gran Turismo. Figure out a baseline performance through the seasonals before looking at the fast guys' replays. Determine what they do differently and apply those lessons to your lap.

However, I cannot emphasize enough to obtain all the real life driving experience you can before making an attempt. The game matters to qualify for Finals but much less so after that.

On a side note, we usually hold GT Academy tailored races every year to help people prepare.

I have several clips on my channel if you want to see car/track combinations.

Why you gotta be like dat ;)

What did I do? :P
. Still remembered when you posted this
image.jpg

One time, I ran a sub 15 one time! :lol:

Sliding that car around like no man's business and gaining time hand over fist. The real driving simulator :sly: Back to the OP, hours of mind numbing practice, watching replays of top drivers and such will get you on a good start. You won't be competitive without a wheel so get one. Also most top guys have a good amount of real world experience, national finalists most certainly have real experience.

Where's my mention?!! ;)

i might have to get a ps4 the way it looks for gt7. hope they make a package deal. is it only going to be for ps4? has anyone heard yet???

Not to put a damper on things, but I was at the O2 arena in London on Monday and one of the employees at the Nissan stand seemed to think that 2014 was the last ever GT Academy, if that's true then it sucks.

Not to put a damper on things, but I was at the O2 arena in London on Monday and one of the employees at the Nissan stand seemed to think that 2014 was the last ever GT Academy, if that's true then it sucks.

Here's a little sprinkle of optimism from the NA thread:

I recently found a slideshow about GT Academy on the FIA website here, and it looks like they're planning to add Japan and Malaysia next year and Brazil in 2016. So yes, we're almost certainly going to get another two years of GT Academy at the very least :D

guys I bought a ps3 / gt6 / g27 just for gta 2015 , and now some of you say its going to be on ps4 .... can you confirm please is it on ps3 or ps4 ?

dude you are my rival :D hope we'll see each other in silverstone ;) look I just bought a ps3 for this years competition. we are on the same level right now :cheers: there is on thing that is crucial if u want to make it to the top : BUY A WHEEL. g27 or t500 rs if u have enough money lol . the second thing u have to know is physical training , practice in gran turismo is not enough , u need to improve your physical shape .
Thats weird I'm helping my rival :lol:
Good luck :)

I wouldn't be surprised if it came out on ps4 as downloadable on the PS store as it could also act as a GT7 demo.
Since gt6 was released after 3 years of gt5. I think that gt academy 2015 is going to be on ps3 because we'll have to wait another 3 years for gt7.
This time in gt academy we'll be using the Nissan R35 Nismo in the 3rd round perhaps cuz it's brand new & it's faster than the GT-R black edition...
I set a time of 2:14.430 on Bathurst. Note: ( using a stick ) :D

Back