Training for 2015?

• Thread starter jml88
  • 94 comments
I'm with RedPartyhat on this one. I feel like they will use the PS4 and have us download the program like they did a couple years back. Then shortly after that we should expect to see GT7 drop. The question is, how many of us that play GT6 will have a PS4 by then? If your goal is to win GT Academy, that would be a great reason to buy one.

I think it should be on PS4. Even if GT7 wont release until 2016,2017, PD can make a small demo (1 or 2 tracks + 2 or 3 cars) for GT Academy 2015 with outstanding graphics and physics. It will be an easy/small system seller (in comparison to GT7) and will show the power of PS4.

I think it will be on PS3. GTA love participation levels to be high personally I think buying a ps4 and for team logitech drivers a new wheel is a bit much for a demo game. Best to keep a spare £600 just in case you need it !

hi everyone i'm new to the forum and everything . I just bought a ps3 , gt6 and a logitech g27 espeacially for gt academy 2015 . I used to play forza and other racing games but for gran turismo the last one I played was gt3 .
So now I really don't know what to do to improve my driving in the game and what aids I should switch off .... in fact I have few things I didn't understand as well and it will be really great if u guys help me :
- the first thing I don't understand is what does mean force feedback and dead zone .... in other word the perfect configuration for my g27 .
- the driving aids are different than forza .... in forza you have for example abs on or off but in gt6 abs is from 10 to 0 .... what does that mean ?
pleaaase guys I really need your help because i'm really lost :nervous:

hi everyone i'm new to the forum and everything . I just bought a ps3 , gt6 and a logitech g27 espeacially for gt academy 2015 . I used to play forza and other racing games but for gran turismo the last one I played was gt3 .
So now I really don't know what to do to improve my driving in the game and what aids I should switch off .... in fact I have few things I didn't understand as well and it will be really great if u guys help me :
- the first thing I don't understand is what does mean force feedback and dead zone .... in other word the perfect configuration for my g27 .
- the driving aids are different than forza .... in forza you have for example abs on or off but in gt6 abs is from 10 to 0 .... what does that mean ?
pleaaase guys I really need your help because i'm really lost :nervous:
Use ABS on 1, all other aids off. Force feedback is how strong the forces the wheel are. It's all about personal preference.

I've been racing with ABS off for a while now (slower cars only). I think you get a better feel for the car with the ABS off. But it's tough to be fast without having much feel to the brake pedal in a faster car. I use the DFGT and the pedals are JUNK! lol. Just do whatever Doodle tells you and you'll be SuperFast before you know it!

practice with stock cars with low grip.
example : lotus elise comfort hard or comfort soft, ferrari 458 sports hard, and so on. You will improve quickly and translate it to any car

A
Cb
practice with stock cars with low grip.
example : lotus elise comfort hard or comfort soft, ferrari 458 sports hard, and so on. You will improve quickly and translate it to any car
Also, practice with the wheel being at the level of your stomach lol

I'm just referring to the pods at nationals,they are not exactly "ideal"
Also, if anyone would like to buy a Thrustmaster T500RS then message me, I got one in 2013 to use to practice for the nationals, it was a massive help for getting through the nationals and it's virtually brand new as it's only had 2 weeks use! Let me know if anyone would be interested!

Hey if you have the chance to get on a dirt bike and ride, do it. It's a lot of fun and it just may give you the edge over the competition if you make it to Silverstone next year should they throw that at you. Ya never know.

No doubt I am sure it's a blast. This could be my excuse to finally get a motorcycle license. Hopefully it's not Jeremy McGrath style of racing...

You will find out shortly the level of skill the riders had on the dirt bikes. It's not really a make or break part of the competition though.

I hope it's not on ps4, I don't want to buy a ps4 until gt7 is released. And I hope they don't have much water in the 2015 army course... I hate water. (-_-) if I get there... Top 1000 2012 top 300 2014 (both using a Dual Shock) I think I might get to try with a G27 this year :)

I hope it's not on ps4, I don't want to buy a ps4 until gt7 is released. And I hope they don't have much water in the 2015 army course... I hate water. (-_-) if I get there... Top 1000 2012 top 300 2014 (both using a Dual Shock) I think I might get to try with a G27 this year :)
good luck ;)

What is the best steering wheel for gt acedemy or is there no difference between 2 good ones for example I have a Logitech. Would it benifit me to get the thurstmaster t500rs. I was only 1.0 seconds from qualifying last year I need every tenth for 2015

What is the best steering wheel for gt acedemy or is there no difference between 2 good ones for example I have a Logitech. Would it benifit me to get the thurstmaster t500rs. I was only 1.0 seconds from qualifying last year I need every tenth for 2015

You probably won't see a huge difference between two different wheels performance wise; perhaps one or two tenths at the very most. While practising with a T500RS can give you an advantage at the national finals, it's not essential; I managed to be one of the quickest guys this year without owning a T500RS.

I'd recommend joining an online club or series; I joined the GTPlanet Weekly Race Series two years ago, and I've become a much better driver since then (655th in 2012, 288th in 2013, 70th in 2014).

You probably won't see a huge difference between two different wheels performance wise; perhaps one or two tenths at the very most. While practising with a T500RS can give you an advantage at the national finals, it's not essential; I managed to be one of the quickest guys this year without owning a T500RS.

I'd recommend joining an online club or series; I joined the GTPlanet Weekly Race Series two years ago, and I've become a much better driver since then (655th in 2012, 288th in 2013, 70th in 2014).
Ho much time does the G27 get you over a Dualshock 3? Enough to get you from 280 to top 28? :P The fastest DS3 user got like 130th...

Ho much time does the G27 get you over a Dualshock 3? Enough to get you from 280 to top 28? :P The fastest DS3 user got like 130th...

Depends on the track/car combination. This year's combo was especially nasty to DS3 users, the previous two years not so much. It also depends a lot on the player; some guys are often nearly as quick (or even faster! :eek:) with a DS3 as they are with a wheel, while others (including me) are nowhere near as fast.

In any case, you'll need at least some practice with a wheel to stand any chance at the regional finals.

Depends on the track/car combination. This year's combo was especially nasty to DS3 users, the previous two years not so much. It also depends a lot on the player; some guys are often nearly as quick (or even faster! :eek:) with a DS3 as they are with a wheel, while others (including me) are nowhere near as fast.

In any case, you'll need at least some practice with a wheel to stand any chance at the regional finals.

I'm very fast with DS3... I need G27... (O_O)

Back