Training for 2015?

• Thread starter jml88
  • 94 comments
Buy for the future either t300rs or t500rs as both are ps4 compatible where as the g27 is not ps4 compatible.
g27 can be compatible with any game on PS4, it's not Sony that's has to make it compatible. It's the game developers to make it compatiable for their games and for all the wheels.

g27 can be compatible with any game on PS4, it's not Sony that's has to make it compatible. It's the game developers to make it compatiable for their games and for all the wheels.
Only by having a ds4 next to you aswel wont operate menus etc will be more stress than its worth. Much easier to get the t300 as it all works and its not much more than a g27. In my opinion :)

Only by having a ds4 next to you aswel wont operate menus etc will be more stress than its worth. Much easier to get the t300 as it all works and its not much more than a g27. In my opinion :)
TS300 is 399$ and G27 is 191$.

When you coming to Canada again ;)

guys I need your help
is it important to have track experience for the competition ? the last time I drove a real car was in my driving licence test .... exept some karting I have never driven a real car . can this lack of experience cause me problems if I qualify for finals ? by the way I have a g27 and I can drive manually , heel and toe with it ... is there a difference between a g27 and a real race car ?
thank you guys for your help

guys I need your help
is it important to have track experience for the competition ? the last time I drove a real car was in my driving licence test .... exept some karting I have never driven a real car . can this lack of experience cause me problems if I qualify for finals ? by the way I have a g27 and I can drive manually , heel and toe with it ... is there a difference between a g27 and a real race car ?

Driving a car in real life is a totally different thing, don't even compare the g27 with a real race car xD I mean from certain points of view it can help you in real life but of course there's a lot of difference between a g27 and a real race car. What I suggest is (if you have the possibility of course) to keep practicing on go karts, it helps a lot. Like in the track nearest your house. Or search for a racing school in your country, hope that helped :)

I would at the very least try to learn rev match downshifting (heel/toe) and go get some kart/autocross time to help get past the 'red mist' you'll inevitably run into your first time driving 10/10ths.

guys I need your help

I would say you'll be at a huge disadvantage. Best to get whatever practice you can.

I would say play the game and get in shape (both good things to do anyway) and have a go at gt academy.. Don't put all your eggs in that basket though.

Last edited:
If you have the chance, get to a track day somewhere and get a feel for driving on a race track. If you can't drive, get to a race track during a track day and see if you can go for a ride along with an instructor. At least this way you'll get a feel for it. Also, Autocross is a great way to practice and usually those guys will give ride alongs if you ask and tell them it's your first time checking it out. Just get out in the real world as much as possible but keep in mind that having the best skill in the real world won't earn you a spot at the finals...you have to qualify through GT first! So keep working on you skills in GT.

Jann didn't do any trackdays or anything to prepare in GT Academy, yet he win and possibly becoming the best GTA winner. You can say he have 3 years in karting when he is 8 years old, but there are many guys who have more experience than him still didn't win. I guess it's his confident that pushed him that far.

I would say you'll be at a huge disadvantage. Best to get whatever practice you can.

I would say play the game and get in shape (both good things to do anyway) and have a go at gt academy.. Don't put all your eggs in that basket though.
If you have the chance, get to a track day somewhere and get a feel for driving on a race track. If you can't drive, get to a race track during a track day and see if you can go for a ride along with an instructor. At least this way you'll get a feel for it. Also, Autocross is a great way to practice and usually those guys will give ride alongs if you ask and tell them it's your first time checking it out. Just get out in the real world as much as possible but keep in mind that having the best skill in the real world won't earn you a spot at the finals...you have to qualify through GT first! So keep working on you skills in GT.

I don't think you can judge others how disadvantage they are. Some have more experience in their hands but still loss to those with lesser. Plus, most of the challenge on the camp are very different to trackdays. So to me, it doesn't seems like it's a test of who had more trackdays. I'll say don't pay fortune on trackdays, play a bunch of different sim game and few trackdays to learn how the car feels right before the camp.

During medical test what do they test.......because i was exsmoker cig that i quited so that i could gain more stamina...for exrcise...

:lol: You're not going to be booted out because you smoked é-cig a year ago! Just get yourself fit and have decent eye sight/ glasses.

Or do you mean the fitness test?

The fitness test is:

Sargent jump
Press ups
The plank
And the bleep test

Contact GT Academy through their official Facebook page private message. They seam to respond in a timely manner once they get the answer from GT Worldwide

Just jumped back into getting some wheel time in the past two weeks. Going to continue doing the seasonal events and working on getting consistent practice sessions in 2/3 nights a week and working on the basics.

My schedule doesn't really allow for much time to commit to racing league nights or anything. That to me will be my biggest disadvantage I think as far as finals is the w2w races in GT6.

is it important to race online ? because so far I just do the time trials , seasonal events and of course races against AI only .... do you think it is crucial to race online ? does it help to learn and improve driving skills ?

It does if your racing faster drivers...in gt6 there is no AI challenge..only way to get faster is to race faster opponents...unless you're time trialling against faster friends.

For some reason you get less grip online then offline , so racing online or even doing a TT online is better then doing it offline.
From personal experience I can tell you racing online( On GTPlanet racing series) made my driving style much better.

Last edited:
I just started playing GT6/PS3 and i am playing it offline ,like finishing off all novice,amateur etc which car should i look out for .I prefer a RR car .But suggestions from experts here would help.For that matter any suggestions on improving the lap times

For online race ,when it is updating the software it keeps failing it throws me an error.Where does these downloaded software gets stored in PS3?

Hi guys. Been away from these parts for quite some time. Hope everyone is doing well!

I recently set up a site to help people that are entering GT Academy for the first time, or are looking for some advice to get them one step further than they did last year. I'm sure a lot of you on here are familiar with the basics and quite experienced, but there are a few articles including a detailed account of my time at race camp that are worth reading if you plan to get there this year.

Any feedback would be great. If you would like to contribute to the page with your own stories of race camp, national finals, trying to qualifying or general tips for getting faster, drop me a message and I'll get the info on the page.

http://www.gtacademy.org/home

Fantastic website @Dessy182, what a god send for people entering for the first time 👍

One thing I noticed though. On your site you say you must have a clean licence, yet in the T&C's on the official gt website, it states a valid and unrestricted licence. It says nothing about clean.

I ask because I'm doing a driver awareness course soon, so have been caught speeding once, but my licence will be clean

Fantastic website @Dessy182, what a god send for people entering for the first time 👍

One thing I noticed though. On your site you say you must have a clean licence, yet in the T&C's on the official gt website, it states a valid and unrestricted licence. It says nothing about clean.

I ask because I'm doing a driver awareness course soon, so have been caught speeding once, but my licence will be clean

Thanks for the kind words :) In the US terms & conditions it mentions it must be clean but obvious not for other territories. I will amend that section, cheers.

Back