Trans Am Club

• Thread starter Kalmiya117
  • 133 comments
It's the beginning of summer and the family has been keeping me extremely busy. My oldest daughter is 11 now and has suddenly developed a social life, which is really taking up a lot of my time while at the same time scaring the hell out of me.

Starting this thread in the 'Clubs and Leagues' section is a good idea, as long as we keep posting, eventually we will have an awesome series running. I'm really in no hurry right now, just meeting up for spot-practice sessions is really perfect for me at the moment.

Oh yea, awesome pics, Kal!

I agree with mudd i'm in no hurry to start. Spot races and practice is good just post here when some of us can practice so maybe we can run some together. I'm usaully on wednesday 7pmest to 9 or 10 and on friday 7pmest on.
Hope to see you guys on track soon.

nice pics kal
I was at pole day at IMS on saturday and mechum classic car aution on friday it was a good weekend.

. . .
And what I found in one of our catalogs at work.
PhotoChooser-1247b1a2-572a-4fec-8a88-6e4c652b5148.jpg

Look at the rear tires on that Z06! I know its tough to see in that photo, but they are definately wider then they are in the video game! Looks like it was also standard car in real life.

Anyways, I agree with you guys. I kinda knew spring/summer time would be a tough time to get this going. This weekend is a holiday weekend, but it will be raining/snowing here through most of it (as usual). So I should be around.

GTmail and I tore it up last Friday, and it was a blast. 500hp, 1,350kg, RH tires, full aero. Worked out pretty good. Then we did some stock cars on CS tires, NO tuning, and that was a lot of fun. I actually enjoyed that the most.

Last edited:
Skeletor27
GTmail and I tore it up last Friday, and it was a blast. 500hp, 1,350kg, RH tires, full aero. Worked out pretty good. Then we did some stock cars on CS tires, NO tuning, and that was a lot of fun. I actually enjoyed that the most.

You were running aero? I wasn't! Last Friday was the funnest racing I've had since our last T/A season. The racing was so close it was basically down to driver error to decide the winner. And yes, the stock races were the most fun. Tearing up those tight street courses was a blast. The cars handled really well for the CS tires. Even the Cobra faired very well. I'm also in no hurry to get the ball rolling here. Maybe we should set a date to about a week or two.

Lol, yea I was. I'm sure the aero made a big difference. Not much can slow you down in that Cobra. Not even the one make race we did with Cobras @ Nurb 24 hr, torrential down pour, 100% road saturation, CH tires, grip reduction realistic, and in middle of the night.

Turns out I had a couple saved replays from a couple weeks ago and forgot about them. Thank you GTmail for the reminder. Anyways, I shot some photos and thought it would be worth posting on here.

First one was taken by GTmail,

Image20120528174502989.jpg

DeepForestRaceway.jpg

London_1.jpg

London.jpg

London_2.jpg

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Wouldn't bother me. If we had enough people could run several classes at once.

Oh yeah, Todays adventure.
WP_000055.jpg

Camera is Level in this picture
WP_000057.jpg

This was an interesting climb. I had to fight it for 10 minutes or so with my open Diff 2wd. But I did it. Naturally the photos do nothing for how steep and crazy it was (I took the right route not the rock face to the left)
WP_000070.jpg

WP_000074.jpg

This page is starting to take a long time to load. And a long time to scroll ALL the way down. heh. I think a 2.5 class is a wonderful idea. Like Kal said, we just need people. In the mean time, go ahead and make a list of cars.

Oh and Kal, not bad for a 2wd Jeep on "comfort medium tires". I was hoping to see at least one tire off the ground, and it doesn't look like you can push it over with one hand. And be careful, you're very close to turning this into a Jeep forum. I'll start posting mine, and I know Mudd's got a Jeep too.

Last edited:
Oh you guys are killing me now Im gonna have to post pictures of my suburban in the mud. It will be acouple days I have to dig em up. Its been a long time since I got to play in the mud.Nice picks Kal thats pretty good for a 2 wheel drive jeep with no lockers or mud tires for that matter. lol

Well, my ps3 ylod-ed today right as I turned it on. Tried reflow. Either I did it wrong or it is not repairable. So no more GT5 for me.

Damn Kal. Try again?

Mine yellow lighted again 2 days ago. Been doing a reflow on it twice a month for well over a year now. I guess I can't blame you Kal for not going out and getting a new one. When mine gets to the point of it not being repairable, I'm probably just going to let it go too.....

I've got a Trans-Cammer tuned to the exact specs of a 1970 Boss 302 T/A. Would that be legal to use?

Slashfan
I've got a Trans-Cammer tuned to the exact specs of a 1970 Boss 302 T/A. Would that be legal to use?

Power? Weight? PP? And Kal sorry to hear about that. I got rid of my fatty a year or so ago after attempting to repair it. I believe they're not to expensive now. Only about 250 bucks right?

455hp, about 1618kg and pretty low PP (vicinity of 500-550 I think) if I remember right. Has gears and everything tuned.

Damn Kal. Try again?

Mine yellow lighted again 2 days ago. Been doing a reflow on it twice a month for well over a year now. I guess I can't blame you Kal for not going out and getting a new one. When mine gets to the point of it not being repairable, I'm probably just going to let it go too.....

Tried it twice now. Still no fly. either I am not getting the board hot enough or it's just bad. Needless to say I will prolly be canceling my netflix streaming option now.

Slashfan
455hp, about 1618kg and pretty low PP (vicinity of 500-550 I think) if I remember right. Has gears and everything tuned.

Ours are running at about 530pp I believe. Maybe we should test and see how competitive it is. I also wouldn't mind trying that tune out myself.

We were tuning to 500hp & 1,350kg. I don't remember what pp that comes out to be. I'm also not sure how the cars compare with those regs or if the pp system would be better to balance them out.

Since it seems like Kal is down and out indefinitely, we will need someone else to take over.... Any volunteers? Anybody? I'm willing to do it with Kal's permission. A fresh thread should be started at some point if that's the case. I'm willing to bet Kal breaks down and buys a new PS3 or finds a beater and fixes it up. In the mean time, just continue to use this one.

Ours are running at about 530pp I believe. Maybe we should test and see how competitive it is. I also wouldn't mind trying that tune out myself.

I can send one for testing if you want, add me. If I'm full jsut let me know.

For gearing though, it's best used in manual and do NOT shift into 5th gear. I just had to use the customizable transmission to get the 1-4 ratios in there and the final gear. 5th was just extra.

We were tuning to 500hp & 1,350kg. I don't remember what pp that comes out to be. I'm also not sure how the cars compare with those regs or if the pp system would be better to balance them out.

Since it seems like Kal is down and out indefinitely, we will need someone else to take over.... Any volunteers? Anybody? I'm willing to do it with Kal's permission. A fresh thread should be started at some point if that's the case. I'm willing to bet Kal breaks down and buys a new PS3 or finds a beater and fixes it up. In the mean time, just continue to use this one.

Do what you gotta do. I am going to keep trying doing the reflow til i melt those damn cpus off.

I'm beginning to think the CPU's are indestructible, I swear I warped the motherboard the last time I heated mine up so much. It's still works today, but just a secondary unit now, I've got a new slim as my 'daily driver'.

I'd like to give this a try, since I've tried out in a lot of other clubs that are based in the U.K. PSN ID "livetiludye". Will be glad to gift any vintage model that I have in multiples to any one in the club.

Well. It died again. I am now done with it. And buying a new o e is not something I can even do. So so long guys. And thanks for all the fish.

Back