Trans Am Club

• Thread starter Kalmiya117
  • 133 comments
I'm at home drinking beer right now. I'll set up a public room shortly. I may not be on the rest of the week.

I'll take my 96" V-twin over those little tuners any day!

Didn't know you ride. I'm probably going to get my license pretty soon. What convinced me is that a buddy I work with got this brand new Ducati. I can remember the name though. It had numbers in its name and then a Italian word that starts with either a "P" or "B." Anyway it was one of the most beautiful machines I've ever seen and I want one too. I've also always wanted to get a nice bike too.

Yup, however, I ride a cruiser. Sport bikes are cool and can do a lot in performance, and it's tough to beat a Ducati. For me not comfortable enough for longer trips. Sucks I can't ride all year around even though I live in CA.

SB.jpg

If you always thought about getting a bike. Just get one. Take a motorcycle safety class, get your M1 license and enjoy the ride. I suggest NOT getting a 150hp sport bike as your first bike if you've never ridden before. You'll probably die.

Yeah I know, the 150+ HP crotch rockets are definitely not going to be my first bike I assure you. I'm not an idiot to even think that. Also the $25k asking price and the power to weight ratio of an F1 racer don't sound like the best time(not yet at least). I think I'm going to go for it. At least when the rain lightens up down here in So Cal.

I encourage you to just go for it. There's a lot of great options for a 1st bike out there (used). You can easily get a learners permit from the DMV. That allows you to legally ride during the day, no passengers, and no freeway. That's enough to hold you over until you take the class and get the full endorsement. Also, the number of idiots on the road seem to quadruple when you're on a bike. Watch out for them. They don't care if you live or die. Actually, they want you to die.

If you have a wife/girlfriend that is against this idea, just remember; it's easier to beg for forgiveness then it is to beg for permission.

Freakin' sweet Kal! What are you taking up there? Still have that Eagle? As for me I've lost interest in racing games(for now, of course). And nothing really new is happening so that's about it on my part.

Freakin' sweet Kal! What are you taking up there? Still have that Eagle? As for me I've lost interest in racing games(for now, of course). And nothing really new is happening so that's about it on my part.

Back in Oct-Nov(picture below) I think But yeah I take the Eagle. And I have fun everytime.

eaglr1.jpg

Here is something you will like, Watch the tire (also got new exhuast, going back for adjustments for the rattle it has) You will see me slow down, guy went off edge on bike I asked if he needed help or anything he said no, although on way back ended up helping officer push bike back to edge of turn)

http://youtu.be/i37rCj_OQQM?t=15s

Beginning ended up being us sitting helping push the bike since many others weren't.
http://youtu.be/Mf1_DtBAo3I?t=5m8s

Nice! Those tires were drool inducing. I like that angle you have under your car. It's not often where you get to see the tire move like that.

What kind of engine is under there anyway? My Eagle knowledge is very limited and it also sounded pretty healthy so I'm interested.

I have forgotten to mention a few things actually. This summer I'll be attending the Skip Barber racing school at Laguna Seca driving a Mazda MX-5 Cup and I'm super excited! I'm taking the 3 day class and will bring the GO PRO mounted on my helmet so there will be video of me trying my best(or failing miserably). I really can't wait.

My Saturn's motor is back in sporting a new, stronger rebuild than factory. It has a stage 1 cam from Jbody, GM performance copper head gasket, ARP stud kit, Jbody pistons, Hahn Stage 1 Turbo and some other things done to the computer. It has a very strong camshaft so I didn't have to worry about that. Other things I've done recently have been a new set of Konis that I love. They look cool because you can see them from the rear too. I think that's about it recently. I don't know what I'm going to do next though. I'll probably get a new track/auto cross toy or something. I'm thinking 240z. You have any suggestions?(no Miata) I'm looking to spend $5k on the car and some more making it trackable.

Nice! Those tires were drool inducing. I like that angle you have under your car. It's not often where you get to see the tire move like that.

What kind of engine is under there anyway? My Eagle knowledge is very limited and it also sounded pretty healthy so I'm interested.

I have forgotten to mention a few things actually. This summer I'll be attending the Skip Barber racing school at Laguna Seca driving a Mazda MX-5 Cup and I'm super excited! I'm taking the 3 day class and will bring the GO PRO mounted on my helmet so there will be video of me trying my best(or failing miserably). I really can't wait.

My Saturn's motor is back in sporting a new, stronger rebuild than factory. It has a stage 1 cam from Jbody, GM performance copper head gasket, ARP stud kit, Jbody pistons, Hahn Stage 1 Turbo and some other things done to the computer. It has a very strong camshaft so I didn't have to worry about that. Other things I've done recently have been a new set of Konis that I love. They look cool because you can see them from the rear too. I think that's about it recently. I don't know what I'm going to do next though. I'll probably get a new track/auto cross toy or something. I'm thinking 240z. You have any suggestions?(no Miata) I'm looking to spend $5k on the car and some more making it trackable.

Good ol 3.3V6 153 Stock. Factor in the new exhaust, intake porting, and 211,600 miles. I think I may have 160hp lol.

Dunno far as track car. The Sky is an awesome car for tracking to be honest.

Looking forward to it. Hope you can wait a couple weeks though, I don't even have GT6 yet. :eek: I've been forbid to purchase anything for myself until after Xmas. Apparently, my family thinks I'm difficult to shop for. I'm fairly confident that I'll find a copy of GT6 under the tree on Xmas morning at least. :D

Edit: I know Titus is looking forward to it as well, been chatting with him on GTAV.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I'm up for this. I just got to get my pedal situation fixed before I get the game. Shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks before I'm on.

Couple of weeks?! What a bunch of 🤬 bull 🤬.
Just kidding. I'm looking forward to getting everyone back on GT again.

Kal, I'll be around again later this evening and probably most of the week. Real Trans Am cars only had around 450 hp which is about 520 pp. That would be the best place to start for testing with RH tires.

Good news boys, finally solved the pedal issue with one of these:
pedels.jpg

Also got this:

CSS-SQ_10-1000x666.jpg

And this to go on it:
mqIhcRrMThWBMpm4D-3qvjw.jpg

Attachments

• pedels.jpg
    pedels.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 12
  • CSS-SQ_10-1000x666.jpg
    CSS-SQ_10-1000x666.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 13
  • mqIhcRrMThWBMpm4D-3qvjw.jpg
    mqIhcRrMThWBMpm4D-3qvjw.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 14
Good news boys, finally solved the pedal issue with one of these:

Nice. I like my shifters better (ignore the dust & dirt):

So what if you're in a car that has a 6 or 7 spd transmission? i.e. C7 Vette. Is it hard to heel-toe shift with that setup?

The shifter has 7 speeds, I'm just throwing the 5 speed ball on it for the novelty. The new pedals are currently on their way so I can't comment on the heel-toe performance. Considering the new pedals are of better quality than my old ones, I assume heal toe performance will be excellent. Too bad the clutch model is garbage.

Great racing last night Kal. Too bad my PS3 blew an engine again (yea, I'm still dealing with that).

Most fun I've had in this game to date, and it was racing the Z28 vs GT350, SS vs Boss 302, and El Camino vs El Camino. All stock, no tuning. Which leads me to suggest maybe we should focus on being more then just a "Vintage Trans Am" club. Maybe call it "American Muscle & Sports Car" and be able to host a large variety of one time events: Vintage stock, Late model stock, tuned muscle cars new & old, Vintage race cars, Late model race cars, Trans Cammer vs Sillo Camaro vs Pozzi Camaro vs Morrison Vette, and etc. are just a few examples.

Yes. That was hand down a blast. So less to worry about more pedal down keep going! I just wanna do some stock car racing (not nascar COUGH)

Did the first step! Once everyone gets on board with gt6 and time to get cars ready we will get it rolling. For now just send us friends request.

Better late then never! I should have online unlocked in a day or two, see you guys on the track soon. :D

My new Fanatec junk is comming the first but I've been playing when I can. I was just woundering what I should be tuning my cars to when we start getting things rolling here. HP? Weight? PP? Tires?

Holy moly pack of ravioli that was sure fun last night. I still see that our way of doing racing is still there. Pure fun with a dash of seriousness.

Currently, I and still in favor of the 520pp racing hards. I kinda like the idea of longer single races on the night but I can also see that getting tiresome and boring.

I also like 520pp on RH tires. That should put most of the cars in 400-450hp range which is close enough. I'm not really on board with very long races because after about 10 laps, the field gets so spread out, it's not really racing anymore. I think 45 minutes is a good time window for the main race. We also need to include a stocker race whether it's a qualifier or a separate group.

Now to come up with a car list, and figure out how to equalize them. We should try to limit the cars to premium muscle cars. There's enough variety there, and I remember in GT5, the standard muscle cars were terrible and not competitive at all.

Back