Trans Am Club

• Thread starter Kalmiya117
  • 133 comments
I'm in and Skel someone was running a pink Superbird last night that kept up pretty well with the pack. I think it would be a valuable use of time to try and figure out what standards are on par with the premium cars.

I just put together the premium cars (all 8 of them) set to 520pp. So far the Z28 is the fastest (of course), but it's also one of my most driven cars and carefully tuned. I did very limited testing this morning and the Z28 lap times at Laguna are upper 1:27's while others are mid 1:28's - 1:30's.

I'm in and Skel someone was running a pink Superbird last night that kept up pretty well with the pack. I think it would be a valuable use of time to try and figure out what standards are on par with the premium cars.

The pack was going slow. lol. Seriously though, if it turns out the standards can keep up, then I have no problem. I just figure save ourselves some time and not bother with them since they were so bad in GT5. Mercury Cougar is one that has a chance and should be tested.

I was thinking 3 classes but perhaps stretching us thin, Stock 100%, the 520 "Main" Trans Am. And just all the classic muscle cars including the higher end ones....600pp +

3 classes could work. Maybe spread them out on different days?
Example:
Stock Tuesdays, (2) 20 minute races at one or two different tracks. Or reverse course on 2nd race if applicable.
Modified Thursdays, (1) 45-60 minute race.
Race car Sundays, (1) 45-60 minute race.

Guys I sorry. But with the way This store I am back to working at does things I just cannot do a series. I never know when the hell I am going to be working and people who make more than me appear to be so much more dependable (yeah RIGHT) so yeah.

That and let's be honest there is a low interest in this, the cars are not right when tuned. I haven't even played gt6 in almost 3 weeks I think now.

Good luck with the Trans Am club Kalmiya117.

I hope you don't mind me posting an ad here for my upcoming Trans Am Series.

I have several Trans Am Series planned, the first starts on Sunday January 4th at 17:00 GMT - the series is currently full, but there are a couple of slots for reserve drivers.

Trans Am Poster Final.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-sundays-17-00-19-00-gmt.312797/#post-9841734

Hey nits no issue. We ran this a while ago and had fun. Now I have a stable Schedule once again thought oughta try and see whos doing what. If GT6 cars were anything like the GT5, That cougar, and trans cammer don't stand a chance with a well tune/driven chally or camaro. I suggest the GT350 for fords. Stock the Stang and camaro are just about even.

Hey nits no issue. We ran this a while ago and had fun. Now I have a stable Schedule once again thought oughta try and see whos doing what. If GT6 cars were anything like the GT5, That cougar, and trans cammer don't stand a chance with a well tune/driven chally or camaro. I suggest the GT350 for fords. Stock the Stang and camaro are just about even.

I found that the Challenger is very challenging to drive! In my tests the Camaro lapped fastest, followed by the Trans Cammer and Mach 1. The Plymouth Cuda was slower followed by the Challenger. In my series parity is achieved by swapping cars at regular intervals and for this series the fastest drivers will use the Challenger and Cuda for 2 of their 3 stints - they were about 2 seconds a lap slower and that should help create a nice even field. We've used the GT350 a lot in other series so left it out, also I only wanted 5 cars.

The cars in Trans Am 1 are very even with a limit of 400bhhp except the Datsun 510 (Nissan) which again will be used by the best drivers for one of their three car stints.

Back