Transfer save to new PS3

• Thread starter Gamer_Kid
  • 7 comments
Hello guys I have an old 20gb system on its last leg, I recently purchased a 160 gb slim and was wondering if there is anyway to transfer my save over. When I do the backup and restore it doesnt bring it back over.

Did you attempt to use the system transfer? You can transfer all information from one PS3 to another, one of the additions during PS3 mandatory updates early last year. Not the back up function, there is a system transfer option in system settings.

System Data Transfer does indeed work but it's not a very good way of relying on it since most people trade in their old PS3 for the new one.

Backing up to USB or SD Card works but not only must you have the same PSN account your initial log on, the friendly one when you log on, must be identical too.

OK, Yah i tried to do the system backup from my 20gb (now 500) to my new 160 gb. I backed it up, then took out the 500bg and put it in the new slim and the 160 in my old ps3. I did the restore and the message came up saying some information could not be restored, I looked and none of my game data or saves transferred over. I put a 300 in my old one because the 160 would not hold all of my data and everything transferred fine. Must be an issue going from a olf fat system to a slim. Going to try the data transfer, then the memory stick if that doesn't work.

Back