TRAVIAN : Browsergame :Build villages & go to war! NEW : TRAVIANER (info : last page)

• Thread starter Max_DC
  • 3,985 comments
I deleted my s1 account... well I was under attack and I really didn't want to give away one of my villages that I built up with my own hands ;)
And I survived almost 4 days of countless attacks with senators, I was down to 3% once. All my enemy got was dead soldiers, I took all my viallages with me into my virtual grave... Well my friend Dr.Strangelove also deletes right now, so I'll be totally out of this server this afternoon
I think I might be back in travian Version4 :)...

Good luck to those who still play...

S1 has split into 2 main meta-alliances, Gamma Force and PUNA.

Gamma Force has the UNIRO wings, ROHT wings, -=D=- wings, REP wings, ****** wings and ROSE wings.

PUNA has the System Crash wings, HKNE wings, PTE wings, UNION wings, Magnox wings and Justice family.

LLJK and DLKinRH are somewhere in the middle, but I think they'll both side with PUNA eventually. It's going to be a pretty even war though, when it finally kicks off. I'm part of Gamma Force so I'm hoping we'll win. :-)

well the wars are already raging, despite smashing PTE quickly uniro are unable to knock out the last of them and are taking heavy loses trying to do so, DW SE joins SF and affectively enters the SE PUNA Vs SF war,

I am for PUNA, since some Uniro dudes attacked me in my last days. Well they played so poorly that I could delete without losing a village ;)

wangan? you are friends with dr strangelove and recently deleted so its an educated quess, i am helping a PTE guy and i have seen uniro tactics, if you are active amd strong then you can stop them but the point is they just keep coming

Well I'm part of Gamma Force, in the Darkness (-=D=-) alliance. At the moment we're fighting the DLKinRH wings, and RO-HT are helping us.

Ven.Emp are just annoying.

wangan? you are friends with dr strangelove and recently deleted so its an educated quess, i am helping a PTE guy and i have seen uniro tactics, if you are active amd strong then you can stop them but the point is they just keep coming

Ah well you know I played alone. I played alone in my little one man alliance. I could survive quite easily but then 2 Uniro-LT guys thought that they could raid / conquer me. 6 days later both of their armies were cvompletly destoyed. They fought poorly withoutz tactics and I also had a little help from Dr.S. Ok. Abou 1 week later their big brothers from Uniro killed 70% of troops, 3 huge players all ranked quite above me attacked me, so I knew, they won't stop until they have a village. Dr.S was under attack himself at that time, so all I could do was to try to hold on for another 72 hours. And because Wegas fro Uniro is strong but again not that intelligent enough to finish the job right away I again killed a few hundered soldiers and abou 3 thiefs of him. I have to admit, that I wouldn't have survived another 12 hours though, but I did it : This guy didn't get a single village.

Dr.S. had less luck and better enemies. He also deleted 2 days ago but lost at least 4 villages afaik....

So yeah, of course they won't stop attacking you/your friend unless you have
a huge def in your village... then they attack your other village ;) Well, I would do the same if I wanted to,...which I didn't... I'm kinda traviansick atm, although as I said, I'll probably return for Travian V4 which will come one day...

You guys are still playing this? Last night I fixed the wiki (well, it still doesn't work well) because somebody asked me to, but otherwise I haven't touched the game.

So are there any updates ? Who is still playing the game ?

I quit a few months ago and so did my friends, so I have no contact to the game anymore.

How ist it going on s1 ?
Any rumors about a new version ?

Holy thread revival, Max :lol:

All I know is that there's a whole lot more national servers (like US, UK etc).

Well travian has a lot of potential, a completly redesigned gameplay could make me play this again, ... then again this game eats up so many hours and in the end it is wasted time, because you only play because you have to.

I will revive this thread because a new game will be released soon, Travianer.

I am playing on the beta version and have a few invitations if anybody wants one. PM me here or as Chris on the Travian forum.

I just had to move the wiki after the host deleted it because their activity bot broke and went on a deletion spree!
It is now located at http://travianwiki.uni.cc/

Some people are still playing Travian v2 on servers 5 & 6.

I only read the small introduction of the front page but as I understand it it is just like with Simy City and the Sims. You can raise a inhabitant of a travian village and you can get different jobs, you can trade and fight etc.

It's about communication, there will be highscore lists, blogs and you can join clubs etc

Ok I simply translated it with alta vista. I didn't read though it, it probably sucks but youshould be able to get some information out of it.

alta vista babel fish translation
Overview

In this play you can diminish raw materials, process, sell, you articles for the money to buy and thus either your house to finally furnish, or against other players fight. Besides you can fulfill different tasks occasionally and receive thus rewards. Or you participate in a tournament and fight for for your gilde a valuable artifact. Even if gilden can lead war against each other, here the emphasis lies in the trade and communication with other players.

Points of action

The "time" in this play are the points of action. Per day one receives 50 points of action, which are divided evenly. If you should have thus no more points of action, you must wait simply a few minutes, until you get again one. Points of action can sum themselves three days long, without which are lost. Thus it is enough here theoretically to be only once in three days on-line without having thereby a disadvantage. The dismantling or the subsequent treatment of raw materials costs in each case one point of action and brings proportionally to the produced quantity experience. These raw materials can be sold to other players or to the dealer, whereby one receives money. Likewise a fight in the arena, which also money and experience bring, costs one point of action. An average fighter gets more experience, but fewer moneys than an average worker. All other actions in the play do not cost a point of action.

Hunger (being hungry)

Since points of action are equivalent here to play time, one gets hunger after a certain number of used up points of action. This is in time communicated to one about the speech blisters and about a symbol at the lower edge. If one ignores hunger to for a long time, everyone costs action two points of action instead of one. One can satisfy hunger only in the tavern in the city. Here one has the possibility, its own meal consisting of bread and a water to verzehren to buy or a meal. The own meal brings just as much as the cheap bought. The more expensive meal satisfies hunger a little longer, however by far not twice as for a long time.

Raw materials

Altogether there are 10 different raw materials, which are divided into primary and secondary raw materials. The secondary raw materials are processed thereby from primary raw materials. Primary raw materials are wood, loam, ore, grain and water and all together on the screen with your own house are diminished. Secondary raw materials Coal = wood Boards = wood Vases = loam Iron = ore + coal Bread = water + grain The relationship remains thereby always with 1:1 even if one reached a higher level. If one can manufacture thus 10 bread at one time, one uses also 10 water and 10 grain. One should pay attention thus to always have enough basis raw materials for the subsequent treatment available.

Attributes

With each new stage can further points on the attributes be distributed. There are two kinds of points for two ranges: Occupations and combat attributes. The necessary points for a new occupation stage corresponds to the stage, which you want to reach. For example the rise of stage costs 7 to 8 exactly 8 points. In principle it is more meaningful to specialize in one or maximally two occupations. For the fight the attributes strength, skill and constitution are relevant. Strength increases the damage, constitution the number of points of hit (HP) and skill gives you within a fight more points of action for the Spezielfertigkeiten. Each increase of an attribute costs one point, from which one receives two with each stage rise. Outside of the fights these attributes are still important for the purchase of tools and weapons. Most tools and all weapons require a certain stage in at least one attribute.

Fights

With respect to this play in principle two kinds are differentiated from fights: Friendship fight and arena fight. In addition, the friendship fight costs no point of action, brings neither experience nor money. One can provoke an opponent thereby over its menu. Fights in the arena cost one point of action, bring however in any case money and experience. In addition these fights affect the combat rank list. With such a fight the opponent is coincidentally determined. All opponents, who likewise in the arena for a fight look, are sorted on the basis their stage roughly and the player, who corresponds next to your own stage, is selected. To strong/weak opponents are selected in no case. The computation effected thereby not exclusive on the basis the stages, but also the last fights refer. Someone, which loses frequently, thus more probably start against lower stages. As much money and experience hang the two contractors received from of the stage of the opponent off and naturally who won. A player gets substantially more moneys, if he wins against an allegedly stronger opponent. In principle applies: Average fighters receive more experience, but fewer moneys than an average player, who diminishes only raw materials. Expiration The fights run off rundenweise, whereby always one attacks the player and the other one defended. The player with the higher skill receives the first impact. Both players can always select one of three directions, where they want to slam shut and/or defend. If no special talent is used, an impact is completely blocked, if the two selected directions agree. The fight is so for a long time led, until a player does not have points of life (HP) more. If a player from the play/InterNet should fly, its group selection is taken over coincidentally by the computer. Dealer Market place In the market place you can sell your raw materials to the NPC dealer, if you do not find a customer in the play. The dealer buys each raw material in arbitrary quantities. In addition you can buy there primary raw materials a relative to the subsequent treatment at high price. The prices of the primary raw materials change each day at 0:00 o'clock and are always enough from 10 to 15 pieces of copper. The new price depends on the offer and the demand of the past daily. If much was sold before, the price sinks. The prices of the secondary raw materials orient themselves at the used primary raw materials. The purchase price remains unchanged. To another player raw materials in a price margin between trade price and Haendlerpreis+50% can be sold. Primary raw materials may be sold at the most for 20 copper. Offers can be placed also against all players (for it simply the receiver to release), cost the buyer then however to 1 copper per raw material more than indicated. Weapon dealer Here you can acquire weapons, arms and watering places, which you can use in the fight. The assortment is arranged for each player individually and computed completely again and coincidentally each day or each stage. Also the prices vary thereby strongly and it can occur that two equal articles for drastically different price are offered. Bought articles land in the personal inventory, in which the place is limited. Tool dealer A tool improves the dismantling rate in the respective occupation. Only exactly one tool of each kind can be carried, an older purges simply with the purchase of a new. Although the won experience is connected directly with the quantity of the raw materials, which one receives, here a tool does not fall in the weight. The price is exactly the same as with the weapon dealer coincidence dependent and can strongly vary. Houses At first already possesses you a small house, into which inside does not fit much. There are 10 different houses, which continue to increase and ever more rooms to have to buy altogether. The house is in all first line a prestige object, for which there is its own rank list. Most articles in a house can be used neither, nor they bring you any advantage, except that them your house adorn. Of it beds form the only exception, on which you and your friends sleep can. Sleep regenerate some points of action, dependent on the quality of the bed. You can adjust, whether everyone may enter your house, or only your friends. All players and their movements are visible, if they are in the same area and appear a speech blister over the figure, as soon as the player writes something into the Chat. Editor In the editor you can your house furnish or you even a new buy. At the right edge you see the objects of the up-to-date selected category, which lie in your price level. Are indicated all objects, which cost maximally 150% of your present money. To buy you know an object, by pulling it simply with the mouse on the desired place in the house. If place is there and you have enough money, the object is taken over. Objects cannot be sold any longer, but only scrapped or into an inventory stowed away. The inventory can infinitely many objects seize and is useful, if an article does not fit momentarily no more the house, but yet not scrap is. The detour over the inventory must be gone likewise, if with a larger house an object is to be moved by an area into another. In addition with the purchase of a new house all articles are transferred to the inventory and must again be set. A general exception of the articles forms the floor. This is bought not by Drag&Drop, but shifted on a surface. In addition the desired soil in the menu must be first selected. Afterwards two Klicks mark the range, in which the soil is to be shifted - click for the start, of one for the end. The indicated costs refer thereby to an individual tile. The floor counts neither in the rank list, nor it can be transferred to a new house or to the inventory. Gilden You can be in exactly one gilde member, whereby the number of members is limited to 30. A gilde offers the advantage to you that buildings can be established jointly. These buildings can be divided in two categories: On the one hand there are better enterprises for the raw material dismantling, on the other hand the building, which gives all Gildenmitgliedern a large experience thrust (for example a library). Gilden become necessary first of all, if you want more raw materials strongholds. You can keep, dependent on your level and the size of your house, only a certain quantity of raw materials in your house. If you are member in a gilde, the part in the gilde, lying over it, is kept however automatically. The raw materials for the building of the Gildengebaeude comes from the Gildenkasse, into which each member deposit can, but out of the nothing more can be taken. Gildenkampf Gilden can lead war against each other, which is limited however to only one attack and 5 defenses per week. With a lost war each member loses a percentage (at present 50%) of his raw materials, which then the winners divide received and under itself. Likewise a percentage (50%) changes the Gildenkasse the owner. The raw materials, which are to be paid to the winner, already with the demand one computes. That means it that the computed quantity in any case is taken off with the loser, even if this briefly uses all raw materials before end of the war. No longer if enough raw materials should be present at the time, the account slips in the minus, which can be regarded as debts. List in a Gildenkampf At a fight members on both sides part take the fundamental same number, whereby the minimum is with 5 against 5. The participants are coincidentally selected from all members, that registered themselves to the readiness as a "guard" in the gilde. A gilde must have at least twice as many players in readiness, as guards are set up. Hence it follows that there must be at least 10 players in readiness. A Gildenadmin can stop however the minimum number of guards freely between 5 and 30. The lower number of two opposing gilden puts the number of participants on each side celebration. There is gilde 7 on the guards, on the other one however 10, 7 against 7 one fights. Against which player on the other side someone must begin, likewise coincidentally selected. Each participant fights only one times in a Gildenkampf. With a victory as scoring and into approximately the level of the defeated one one credits to the gilde. Player A on stage has 5 naturally very few chances against stage 15 players b, why b would take only about 5 points for its team with a victory, player A in the case more improbable victory however about 15 points. If all fights expenditure-fenced are, the gilde with most collected points won and the members of this gilde to divide itself the captured raw materials. A war takes maximally 7 days. Within this time the participating players with their opponent must set themselves in connection and deliver a friendship fight. This is then rated automatically in the Gildenkrieg. If no fight should have taken place after the 7 days, both parties can force the fight. In addition the opponent does not have to be then any longer on-line. (momentarily implementiert)Um friedfertigen players the chance to give to develop a pure Handelsgilde those gilden cannot not be attacked, at which all members spent 10% of their points of action in the past days maximally on arena fights. These gilden are noted also in the rank list as Handelsgilden. (momentarily does not implement) The rank list becomes from the average stage of the members, for which number of calculates stages of development of the manufacturing plants and the number of won fights. Artifacts Occasionally a Gildenuebergreifendes tournament takes place, in which an artifact for the own gilde can be captured. In such a tournament only players with a certain stage can participate and only maximally 3 player of a gilde are certified. The registration for such a tournament takes one day, afterwards the mating admits given. These are absolutely coincidentally drawn lots, therefore it can come to the fact that two players from the same gilde must begin against each other. The tournament effected similarly to a Gildeninternen tournament, is thus out-played in a KO procedure. Each fight must be out-played within 24 hours. If no fight should take place in this time, one of the contractors can start the fight automatically. The gilde of the winner receives the artifact as reward. If the loser is in a Gildenkrieg in the possession of an artifact, it changes the owner. An artifact has a durability from exactly two weeks to end of the tournament, in which it was won. Club Clubs can be understood and ranked as abgespeckte form about gilden among the Communityteil of this play, whereby you can be in as many as desired clubs member. Here completely clearly communication over a forum or a Chatraum is the center of attention, why in a club also no restriction of the number of members exists. While a gilde their members from strong players will recruit itself, for example a common hobby should be located in the foreground in a club. Like that the "club of the Dackelzuechter" is quite conceivable, which will make sense as a gilde hardly.

Ok, thing is that, the translation process killed the text structure and it is kinda annoying to reconstruct it manually, I began but then I ehm well quit :D. Basically the headlines are in text, but I think you'll understand it anyway.

Holy crap, they still at it eh? I quit several months ago and suddenly found myself having alot more free time.

This simsish looking thing.. could be interesting. But I think I'll stick to my 40k minis and Metroid speed runs for now ;)

Though if one must I could probably sit something, given its actual travian :P Though by sit, I mean for a day tops. I am curious to hear how that war ended on S1, with the Gamma force and such.

That reminds me. I haven't visited the Travian forum since January.

Not that I care - the Travian forum is full of a) people who can't write to save their life and b) idiots.

Well I also lost contact to the game, all my (real life) friends quit playing and so did I. This game was eating way too much time and instead of fun you played because you had to in order to survive.

BUT I would consider another round in future if a new version featured massive changes in gameplay, game structure and grafics...

Holy crap, they still at it eh? I quit several months ago and suddenly found myself having alot more free time.

This simsish looking thing.. could be interesting. But I think I'll stick to my 40k minis and Metroid speed runs for now ;)

Though if one must I could probably sit something, given its actual travian :P Though by sit, I mean for a day tops. I am curious to hear how that war ended on S1, with the Gamma force and such.

i envy you bunch of quitters :)
PUNA se was all but destroyed apart from SC which ended the war only long after all hope had failed, after a few weeks PUNA NE changed into the NE meta ONE, and sc joined SF, SF and ONE are friendly and GF basically owns the NW and SW, ONE is fighting a losing unoffical war with GF and i dont really know about the rest of SF but SC is just really sim citing for a bit, WW are introduced but the natars are banned and the mayhem of WW will begin within the week according to rumours, the T3 end game is different now, its on the forum i cant be bothered to find the link, i dont really play s1 much any more but it seems to me that either we all wait untill we are unable to beat the GF WW or we fight it out and lose before then but maybe i am being pesimistic, there is a new speed server for anyone that no longer wants free time 💡

EDIT 200th page

So... August 2010... anybody still playing travian after 5 years ?

It still seems to be very popular, according to wikipedia it is a company with 150 employees now and 6.2 million active players in over 50 countries.

Any stories from you people playing in the recent years ?

Well, I didn't touch this evil litte game since 2007 ;-) and I don't intend to change my mind. Although "Dr. Strangelove", a real life friend of mine some of the travian veterans might remember vaguely, still plays a dual account quite successfully.

Although it turned out to be a time-eating monster in the end, I still have some good memories left - tactics & politics, friendship & betrayal, slow play & action.

Oh god, why is this thread back. I remember in one server I was a powerhouse that could take on most alliances on my own, and controlled most 9 croppers in the quadrant of the map I was placed in.

But yes, this game was simply a massive time sink. And when I was setting alarms for ungodly hours to avoid attacks, I knew something was wrong... but now I have a smart phone, and it would be so much easier to play anywhere...

Why oh why did you revive this thread?

but now I have a smart phone, and it would be so much easier to play anywhere...
Go on. Do it. :sly:

I played again in 2008 on a speed server I think it was... joined mid-server and actually managed to not get blown to pieces before the endgame :lol: The alliance I was in was helping defend a WW, while coming under attack ourselves (although most attacks were decoys); when the server ended I was at -30k in a 9-cropper I had with something like seven attacks (again, most decoys) inbound... not much, sure, but the most attack's I'd ever had inbound on a village of mine :P

Then ran an account as a dualie on the next round; but then I just stopped playing and left the dual to run the account by himself. :lol:

Damnit Max, why'd you have to revive this thread... now I want to suggest we all dual an account on a speed server or something. :grumpy:

I used to play this for a short time back in school, we had a little clan going and we did ok but we sorta got bored after the server reset.

However now that you've revived this thread I kinda want to play again, GTP clan anyone?

:lol: Oh my God what have I done ?

Seems like all these years it is still like giving alcohol to a former alcoholic.

Actually I stumbled upon a travian ad and all those memories came back, so I thought why not share some stories with the veterans ;)

So who is missing, I rember... dbartucci, Chris, boombexus... ah wait there was a list :

WANGAN - (-2/5)
Chris - (-3,0)
DBARTUCCI - (-15|1)
Ev0 - (-4,21)
FE111 - (-19,13)
venomfx - (-14,21)
Nero (-16,8)
iceman - (20,12)
Jeff13B - (-22,1)
boombexus - (4,-19)
Ted the Penguin - (12,19)
standard235 - (-25,4)
Viper - (-19,3)
menglan - (-22,16)
maz - (-15,26)
GTRacer - (-30,2)
MachOne - (-21,22)
Omnis - (-32,4)
McLaren - (-22,21)
Slicks - (-4,27)
Gtp-tb - (-33,9)
Carrera - (-24,24)
Cyan BloodBane - (-16,29)
1sthand - (-34,13)
xcsti - (-25,23)
Will.c - (-37,1)
Famine - (19,-28)
Klostro - (40,17)
Raf - (-33,41)
Tabs - (-34,42)
Event - (-48,21)
dustdriver - (-27,57)
blue_sharky39 - (-50,40)
Talentless - (44,-34)
Bee2 - (-14,51)
Fierogt - (-29,74)
Magic069 - (-27,95)
adood84 - (-37,96)
evilgenius788 - (-84,63)
FatAssBr - (-84,85)
xXSilencerXx - (96,141)
213101- (-186,143)

Ah I mean as I said, apart from the bitter taste of wasting many hours that were more duty than fun, a lot of things were great and we didn't invest all that time for a boring game.

Starting again ? I don't know. I couldn't say that there isn't a sort of temptation to go for another round, yet that warning-beep never disappears.
I can still feel the relief after quitting travian, allthough I don't know what I'd do if we had GTP revival ally / clan with a lot of old and new faces.

Then again - I can't even play all those great "real" games on consoles, thinking of the release schedule of the upcoming months - GT5, Mafia 2, TDU2 ( although Q1 / 2011 now :( ), COD Black Ops, BFBC2 : Vietnam, Medal of Honor, Halo Reach, F1 just to name a few - I don't see much room for travian.

But hey, playing one or two multiaccounts with shared passwords might be an option indeed. You know, just the fun without too many responsibilities.

Altough I don't know if that is possible. It was forbidden from the beginning, but we did it never the less. I can remember times when I had access to like 75% of my ally's accounts - part of the reason why we were so successful back then ;)

Back