TRD Celica Vs. Spoon Civic Comparison

• Thread starter Ryen49
  • 77 comments
Im down with this comparo too, although, I gotta mention, no one has spanked the celica because as of right now the celica's time is a 1.15.8 on df.

Of course, that will change once I get down to the 350 hp limit. I will be back later today with results... until then. bye :D

Originally posted by GoKents
Im down with this comparo too, although, I gotta mention, no one has spanked the celica because as of right now the celica's time is a 1.15.8 on df.

Of course, that will change once I get down to the 350 hp limit. I will be back later today with results... until then. bye :D

If you've bought port/polish and/or full-balance you won't be able to get nearer than 309 HP.

4 cars

Fiat Turbo Coupe

339HP/5700rpm
45.3ftlb/3100rpm
1130 KG
PWR. 3.333
TWR .0248

Honda Integra Type R

331HP/8400rpm
29.6 ftlb/6900rpm
961 KG
PWR- 2.903
TWR- .0323

Spoon Civic Type R

336HP/9900RPM
24.2ftlb/9900RPM
820 KG
PWR- 2.440
TWR- .0337

Toyota TRD Celica

340HP/8000rpm
30.6 ft.lb/7000rpm
1014 KG
PWR- 2.982
TWR- 0.331

Track Deep Forest

3 Laps..

Fiat Turbo Coupe

1. 1'22.037
2. ** 1'21.290 **
3. 1'22.187

The Turbo Coupe understeer alot, every time i punch the gas in a corner it understeer dramaticly.. not a fun car to throw around on this type of small curcuit. :banghead:

Honda Integra Type R

1. 1'21.079
2. 1'21.003
3. ** 1'20.096**

This car is no doubt an amazing car. Its a great FWD car. You cant get that sound from the Turbo Coupe. It did understeer some in corners but not nearly as bad as the Turbo Coupe. Its lighter and weaker but no doubt a faster car on these kind of tracks. My final word this is the car for me! :D

Spoon Civic Type R

1. 1'18.064
2. 1'17.622
3. 1'17.209

Amazing FWD car... Feels should i say kinda FRish.. no real understeer maybe just a hint. This car is the best IMO of the 3. its not only the fastest but man when you get to 16000rpm feels amazing! The look has to go to the Honda Integra Type R tho.

TRD Celica

1. 1'20.615
2. 1'20.246
3. 1'18.345

all i have to say is :)

There it is... all of the suspention is stock i didnt tune it myself just bought the fully modified suspention and left it. Theres my result..

Originally posted by Gil
I'm on it! Back in a bit with my results.
One 350 HP ITR coming up.:D

*edit*
I ran both Integras (Acura and Honda)
I managed to Spank the Celica with both of them. Moreso with the Honda. But then it is 99Kg lighter.:D

Honda ITR: 1'18.061
Acura ITR: 1'19.263

Same set-up for both cars. Enjoyed them both.

So fast.. my integra time is about 2 second less :lol:

Originally posted by rollazn
So fast.. my integra time is about 2 second less :lol:

I mucked about with the power mods till I came up with 347HP for the Acura and 346HP for the Honda.
I also did a bit of suspension and Transmission tweaking.
try spring rates of 12.0/9.0
And dampers at 3/4.
Do the transmission trick and set your final drive at 3.700.

Yeah i was too lazy to do all that.. i just stuck with the stock settings.. thanks for the help tho. Also this track isnt one of my favorite track. I like Grand Valley and Apricot better ill probably do better there.

Yeah i was too lazy to do all that.. i just stuck with the stock settings.. thanks for the help tho. Also this track isnt one of my favorite track. I like Grand Valley and Apricot better ill probably do better there.

Have you done the Time Trial at Deep Forest yet?
It's the furthest I've gone with the TT's.
It will pump up your knowledge of Deep Forest like you wouldn't believe.
It will also make you hate the stupid track.:lol:

Well Roll looks like this Comparison was a great idea well if anyone wants to abttle with me and roll just contact us on aim or msn etc

Originally posted by Gil
Have you done the Time Trial at Deep Forest yet?
It's the furthest I've gone with the TT's.
It will pump up your knowledge of Deep Forest like you wouldn't believe.
It will also make you hate the stupid track.:lol:

:lol: I already hate this track.. its ryen favorite track tho :confused: i think Grand Valley IS THE BEST! :D

Well you guys, I just setup a new comparo...

Honda integra type r .vs. trd celica

Both are at relatively similar specs and once Ive run them I will come back with some results and stats.

Till then, just wait patiently. :D

Well I set this one up a bit differently than the last.

I went with a combo of pwr and hp. Approximately 350 hp in each car with a pwr of 2.7.

Here's how they compared on a numeric level.

TRD Celica
364 hp
1014 kg
2.785 pwr
.312 twr

@ Deep Forest... 1.15.880 (which also shows that my earlier times with more power were still short of what I could do :D )

Honda Integra type-R
348 hp
961 kg
2.761 pwr
.305 twr

@ Deep Forest... 1.16.359

However, I changed the power level after seeing the Integra's troubles...

Integra after changes
361 hp
2.662 pwr
.297 twr

With these changes made the integra @ Deep Forest... 1.15.737

So with equal power and a better pwr/twr, the integra was able to pull ahead.

Yet once again the TRD impressed me greatly. The understeer (or lack there of) on the TRD was still better than the honda.

Both still had potential I didn't tap into and both were fairly even in overall performance.

Still... I put my money on the TRD.

My ae86(one from toyota dealership) pwned deep forest. it ran
1.19'183 lap time
Car Stats
184hp
823kg
4.472pwr
.390 TWR
full mods
except for power. no na stages were used so rpm vaule stayed the same
i would have used my s.s ae86 but i didnt feel like messing with the drift settings etc.

Here's my idea.
compare a...
RUF RGT Fully moded..
Toyota Supra Fully moded...
Dodge Viper Fully moded...
and a..
Panoz Esparante Fully moded.

You can see than i've aimed to have all of them around 1,000 hp.
Do this at complex string. I'll do it..tomorow...hopefully. I need to get the money for the Supra. :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

I ran the Fiat for kicks and giggles, and because Ving loves the dang thing so much.
I ran it in the low 1'19's.
Rollazn I'm betting that if you were experiencing enough understeer to be bothersome that the ASM was still on.
I set it up identically to the others and it behaved nicely. Not as nicely as the ITR, CTR, or the TRD, but acceptable.:D

I may have to knock off some times with the FTO for good measure.

Originally posted by Gil
I ran the Fiat for kicks and giggles, and because Ving loves the dang thing so much.
Rollazn I'm betting that if you were experiencing enough understeer to be bothersome that the ASM was still on.
I set it up identically to the others and it behaved nicely. Not as nicely as the ITR, CTR, or the TRD, but acceptable.:D

thnx gil...
your my hero :D

had a quick gander at both the cars in mks probably the biggest difference other than the weight of the cars is the down force 0.19 F & 0.26 R for the spoon, the celica produces a little more 0.24 F and 0.35 R not sure how much of a difference this would make out on the track.

The spoon civic also comes fitted with a 1.5 way diff as standard along with super hard suspension ;)

Originally posted by Gil

Yeah.. um i never messsed with the ASM or traction control. I always just go like it is setup just like the suspention. :lol:

Yeah.. um i never messsed with the ASM or traction control. I always just go like it is setup just like the suspention. :lol:
The first thing I do, is turn the ASM off and knock the TCS down to 1 or 2.
Though running in the Diablo Series has taught me that TCS is not 'evil'.:lol:

Originally posted by Gil
The first thing I do, is turn the ASM off and knock the TCS down to 1 or 2.
Though running in the Diablo Series has taught me that TCS is not 'evil'.:lol:

Oh. it really helps that much? I never touch those things ill try without it later. I just thought i was very slow. Im pretty fast compare to other people but compare to gil and others i suck :lol:

I am by no means, fast. I get smoked regularly by the fast guys.
UB57
Sukerkin
Famine
MrP
Lotus
Boombexus

Just to name a few. There are many around here way faster than I am.

I noticed that Alta had to close a thread about best ff car, so... (btw, alta was totally right in his use of moderator powers.)

My money is on the trd celica, but others here love the honda integra type r, the spoon civic, the fto, and even a fiat here and there.

However, if you really just want the best car for the front engine front wheel drive configuration, then the xsara is the best car.

Hope that helps and keeps up a fun little comparison.

btw, is anyone up for restarting the comparison that is in the short race olr forum?

Well Im working on that thread now, so go check it out...

Oh. it really helps that much? I never touch those things ill try without it later. I just thought i was very slow. Im pretty fast compare to other people but compare to gil and others i suck :lol:

The tendency for the car to pull back toward the outside of the track? That's the ASM. Turn it off. You'll pick up at least a whole second.
I've also found that if you turn the ASM off in the options menu, it's off for the arcade cars as well.

Back