TRD Celica Vs. Spoon Civic Comparison

• Thread starter Ryen49
  • 77 comments
The Spoon CTR creates its max power at something like 9500rpm but it revs to around 16,000. So I am wondering if its better to change up @ around 9,500 or let it rip to the red line?

at 9500 it produce around 336hp but around like 11000 i would think it produce more power than 336 probably around 360 or something thats what i think. i have no idea :)

Stock, no mods - Max power 218bhp @9500. After 9500rpm there will be no increase in power.

Have to check the modified figures think the Sports ROM & NA2 will add about 200rpm to where the peak power is produced (9700)??

Can I still suggest running in a ff comparo/challenge series.

Its in the short race series area. :D I just started it since there are no series that run f/f cars.

Back on track though

I would shift the spoon civic at redine every time.

With the ability to run a redline at *16,000 in stock form, and a peak power at 9,500 in stock form, there is only one way to look at this... (from my own twisted views on engineering)

There would be no benefit recieved from an early peak hp, Unless there was little to no power loss between the peak hp @ 9500 and the final hp @ 16500.

Infact, if a car can create peak hp early and sustain that level of hp throughout an entire powerband, the car will have an advantage over a car of similar power and a lower rpm range.

Maybe I could get someone to do a graph ;)

(can you imagine if my car or one of your cars would make it's full hp at something like 2200 rpm. *assuming your not driving a high performance sports car... you lucky bastards.) :Peels out in 132hp toyota camry: :mad:

Oh yeah, I forgot... Redline shifting...
I wanted to add on to this that going on the logic that Im using above about hp development and shifting...

It would be extremely important not to exceed the redline. (or atleast not by much. :mischievous: )

Fact is, if the designers were going to run a peak hp for an entire rpm range that was long as hell (*17000) than they would probably mark on the tachometer the area that ends the rpm range's sweet spot.

So once, again, Im thinking that the people making a spoon would do their best to get all the rpm they could get... if there is a redline, than it was put at that number for a reason related to power. (not just because the engineers wanted a machine to run at exactly 16500)

Ok please wiegh in.

edit: the spoon civic doesnt even run under 9500rpms with full thorttle its always above even in stock form ....oops sorry mine wasnt complety stock...

Tried short shifting in the Spoon CTR. The car is MUCH quicker when using the whole of its rev range

The in game Spoon CTR is pretty close to the real car....even down to the super hard spring rates (ouch)...the real motor revs to something like 11000rpm :eek: before the limiter kicks in....shame it doesn't come in the game with the spoon close ratio gearbox...

Originally posted by graveltrap
Tried short shifting in the Spoon CTR. The car is MUCH quicker when using the whole of its rev range

The in game Spoon CTR is pretty close to the real car....even down to the super hard spring rates (ouch)...the real motor revs to something like 11000rpm :eek: before the limiter kicks in....shame it doesn't come in the game with the spoon close ratio gearbox...

Um, you could just use a full racing transmission and tune it properly. I think that would be more than capable of matching the close ratio tranny of the normal car.

btw, you guys should have seen some of the crap creations I went through just the other day.

Took something I saw as inspiration and made a spoon civic with normal civic type R body... ok, but nothing I kept. Then made a celica rally car with the trd m sports celica body... still only ok, but did keep it. On a side note from those two, I also made a clk race car with the normal amg clk in all black... kept and bad ass :D

Originally posted by GoKents
Um, you could just use a full racing transmission and tune it properly. I think that would be more than capable of matching the close ratio tranny of the normal car.

btw, you guys should have seen some of the crap creations I went through just the other day.

Took something I saw as inspiration and made a spoon civic with normal civic type R body... ok, but nothing I kept. Then made a celica rally car with the trd m sports celica body... still only ok, but did keep it. On a side note from those two, I also made a clk race car with the normal amg clk in all black... kept and bad ass :D

Yep I could always use the full racing tranny ;) did recreate the close ratio box in mks....very nice....really tall first gear with the other 4 ratio's real tightly spaced (It is not possible to recreate it using the racing tranny)

I've been messing about with a few Spoon mildbrids as well (in preperation for a forth coming race series) adding all the bits to an SiR made a mighty impressive little motor but not quite as good as the ITR (SiR chassis, Stage three weight reduction from the accord R along with all the tasty bits from the civic and a few from the Spoon S2000 :D)

first of all i really think i could beat your time with my spoon typre R.For a start get the gear ratio to the perfection,suspension and last but not least your talent if you have some then afther that we could talk about wich ff car is the best lol.ill try to find a way to post my time with sector time etc...P.S my ctr can take a stock skyline gtr or a supra :) so i wish you good luck and practice harder lol

Well seeing how as your a newbie I hope you can back up all your trash talking....... and if you do claim a better time than the likes of GoKents I'd really hope you have a replay cuz GK is one fast mutha.

:lol: Thanks tofu, and yes... I think it is safe to say you had your thoughts in order. :D

Trash talkin' + Fast lap time = must supply replay :D ... Got Replay?

btw, those lap times are after 3 to 5 lap stints... Im sure they would fall if I took the time to perfect a setup and drove for the best possible lap.

No prob man..... yah I know you lol......

I realy hate when newbies come on here and start talking like they can whoop up on anybody and everybody. Really really gets on my nerves.

how about if i beat you over your own turf first tell me how to take a video of my lap on your track with a ctr and ill try to post that video lol

I don't care about your video... :D

Just do your laps with your ctr, then post the time and have a talk with us.

We can work from there. (although I did, for some reason, think you were talking jive related to these f/f cars.)

However, ctr it is, makes no difference for me. ;)

I love a challenge, so bring it on.

Like I said, go run, come back with track/car/time.

If you dog me as you plan, I will acknowledge your greater skill and all will be fine.

Till then... later. ;)

Back