TRD Hot Version Racing Series Club Open! (1016786)

• Thread starter 787bcgr
  • 117 comments
Should gear boxes be limited to the ones they used in the actual series like the TRD Close-Ratio, 3.5th gear boxes, etc? Will this be called N2-S as the original runs on Racing Slicks (Racing Hards)? Since there's a class called N2-S where it's Semi-Slicks (Sports Soft) only.
The 5-speed close ratio would be nice, instead of the complicated and noisy Full custom gearbox :yuck: IMO

Close ratio transmission makes things easier. 👍

Meanwhile I'm having issues signing up... can't decide what colour to choose.

Should gear boxes be limited to the ones they used in the actual series like the TRD Close-Ratio, 3.5th gear boxes, etc? Will this be called N2-S as the original runs on Racing Slicks (Racing Hards)? Since there's a class called N2-S where it's Semi-Slicks (Sports Soft) only.
Sounds good. Most of us are used to using the closr ratio transmissions due to LoTS. If Slender's ok with it, I'll update the rules.

The 5-speed close ratio would be nice, instead of the complicated and noisy Full custom gearbox :yuck: IMO
I wouldn't really care much about the sound just as long it functions. (No offence)
Few gearboxes I found for the AE86, by the way!

Gearbox:
http://www.trdparts.jp/english/list_race-mis_ae86.html
http://www.tecarts.com/catalog/engine.html (N2 X-Mission)
http://www.revolver-jp.co.jp/products/06/04/01.html

Final Drives:
http://www.revolver-jp.co.jp/products/06/04/03.html

Here's a few that I have from my physics project AE86 for rFactor

[FINAL_DRIVE]
bevel=(1, 1) // 1.000
ratio=(1000, 4300) // 4.300 0 Default
ratio=(1000, 4500) // 4.500
ratio=(1000, 4556) // 4.556
ratio=(1000, 4625) // 4.625
ratio=(1000, 4778) // 4.778
ratio=(1000, 4875) // 4.875
ratio=(1000, 4900) // 4.900
ratio=(1000, 5100) // 5.100
ratio=(1000, 5125) // 5.125
ratio=(1000, 5375) // 5.375
ratio=(1000, 5500) // 5.500

Sounds good. Most of us are used to using the closr ratio transmissions due to LoTS. If Slender's ok with it, I'll update the rules.
Well..until PD fixes the bug for H-Pattern User when using Dog-Mission, but I guess it wouldn't hurt for now to use the PD Close-ratio gear boxes, but just a few cents of mine.

Last edited:
Hey guys, Vent Here

First post on GtPlanet but I've been reading on here for years. This championship has sparked my interest big time!
Have just registered. WOO!

i don't know about the transmission thing really....
I was hoping to steer away from the close ratio only thing that we use in LotS...

i don't know about the transmission thing really....
I was hoping to steer away from the close ratio only thing that we use in LotS...
Hmmmm what about that rule that Mat used for the Hot-Version Touge Showdown Shootout about not using the extra gear that the stock car doesn't normally come with? I know what you mean. Basically, I want to use the close-ratio gearboxes until they fix the problem.

Hmmmm what about that rule that Mat used for the Hot-Version Touge Showdown Shootout about not using the extra gear that the stock car doesn't normally come with? I know what you mean. Basically, I want to use the close-ratio gearboxes until they fix the problem.
My verdict will be open transmission tuning for now.

I'm interested, although 7pm EST is going to be a real pain in the arse.

I have a setup ready, time to just practice hard.

By the way, has anyone else experienced the AE86 slipping right before the second corner on Tsukuba? I can't seem to get over this small problem and sometimes end up in the sand. :indiff:

Wondering what everyone else is getting. I can only get a 1:01.8 consistently at Tsukuba.

I'm averaging 1:02s on the low side but I still haven't finished my setup. I'm also avoiding the GT Wing because I think it's fugly. :ill:

1:01.3 for me. The wing is functional Yauma. :P It's stupid big though.

Wish we could put a ducktail instead of a GT Wing. :indiff:

Got 1:01.1 as my fast lap and now averaging 1:01:6-7 with the ugly but functional wing. Still messing around with brakes and trans ratios though.

Me and CG have been talking and was wondering what you guys thing about running other TRD racing season based around other models from Toyota like the AW11 MR-2, Group A Supra, 86GT Etc, Like a TRD Club so to speak?
Also would you like to keep the long fortnightly season or switch to a weekly season?

I'm also avoiding the GT Wing because I think it's fugly. :ill:

Hey looks like the recent update has saved you! :P

Me and CG have been talking and was wondering what you guys thing about running other TRD racing season based around other models from Toyota like the AW11 MR-2, Group A Supra, 86GT Etc, Like a TRD Club so to speak?
Also would you like to keep the long fortnightly season or switch to a weekly season?

I like the idea of other cars. Maybe even some AE86 vs AW11 would be cool. I would put a big n-o on the 86 GT as it's kind of overplayed now and doesn't feel new at all anymore to race.

The schedule is fine whatever it is. I do prefer fortnightly, but of course go by the majority vote.

Oh and won't be there for the first event. :( Have plans that auto-override games.

Dino and Badboy won't make it to the first event, and I'm guessing Solid will be absent as well. As long as you guys make it to the second event, you're still in.
Edit: A little video in preparation for tomorrow, courtesy of Hot Version.

Last edited:
Back