Tree

• Thread starter Fawxe_
  • 56 comments
Internet speed, young player, timed ghost, hate to say it maybe they do drugs so his/her reaction is no near to a John Doe if you follow, this game is for kids try forza.

Please_confirm
Being under the influence improves your reaction?

I personly perfer use things to calm the nerves... Others use things to improve reactions . In my opinion it depends on the person!

Mikey, a while back when I posted that thread about reaction times... The average reaction time was around 220-250ms, including your first one... But you later submitted one around 120-150ms... I think you made a joke about drinking coffee... Ha, was that a joke or will dosing up on caffeine improve your reactions by two fold?? think that might be cheaper and less hassle than changing tvs and Internet service providers haha. I think my reactions are decent, problem is I'm playing ps3 via my iphone 5s 3G connection (personal hotspot) ping on a good day can be as low as 120ms... It has been as high as 800 before tho lol.. And that's just on the local server. :( your right about changing the handbrake tho - all those extra ms add up!

Here what help me,
-direct wire connection modem to ps3,
-20"tubeless TV
-Coffe
-and V123 in a lobby it raises reaction listening to him while talking, about his pet.
-finally having Janco to ram V123 will help aswell,

Latency lag none of the above works at all.

Last edited:
Mikey, a while back when I posted that thread about reaction times... The average reaction time was around 220-250ms, including your first one... But you later submitted one around 120-150ms... I think you made a joke about drinking coffee... Ha, was that a joke or will dosing up on caffeine improve your reactions by two fold?? think that might be cheaper and less hassle than changing tvs and Internet service providers haha. I think my reactions are decent, problem is I'm playing ps3 via my iphone 5s 3G connection (personal hotspot) ping on a good day can be as low as 120ms... It has been as high as 800 before tho lol.. And that's just on the local server. :( your right about changing the handbrake tho - all those extra ms add up!

Ha ha, yeah I remember that....pretty sure I was at work and had a smoking fast Internet connection with like 5ms ping or it was my browser, the first time I ran the test I averaged .239 out of 5, A week after I did those really fast times I was back to .240 average. Pretty sure it was just a glitch or something because I remember being very relaxed...the coffee part was just a joke but I did consume some Tim Hortons coffee earlier in the day :)

Yo Fawxe. Just try to be hardwired to your ps3 and do a internet connection test to see where you are at. Being hardwired will boost your upload and download speed and be more consistent. All the other stuff is a bit extreme.

I play on a 52 inch LED Samsung and use an HDMI cable. You don't need to do all that other junk. Just try to get hardwired and clear your cache! We are friends on PSN so shoot me a message if you have any questions or need any tips bro

Yo Fawxe. Just try to be hardwired to your ps3 and do a internet connection test to see where you are at. Being hardwired will boost your upload and download speed and be more consistent. All the other stuff is a bit extreme.

I play on a 52 inch LED Samsung and use an HDMI cable. You don't need to do all that other junk. Just try to get hardwired and clear your cache! We are friends on PSN so shoot me a message if you have any questions or need any tips bro

Coming from the guy with the slowest tree on gt5 👎, dont listen too him Im the real guy here :sly:

What you can do at home is, get the smallest TV/monitor possible.

This is a double edged sword. I have a 4" and a 9" and I never ever use them, becase:

The smaller the screen, the smaller the RPM bar is at the bottom. Your improved reaction time will be a wash if you can't shift right.

Plus I don't notice much of a difference between a computer monitor around 20" and a tube tv under 10" .. but a huge difference between that and a big flat screen TV. Huge difference. So try out a computer monitor around 18-20 inches.

Set modem/wiresless router to DMZ mode. Demilitarized mode quickens the responses between inbound and outbound streams in the router, making your responses online appear quicker to others as well as theirs to you.

This isn't true. To put it very simply, the only thing DMZ does is bypass the firewall and all incoming connections are recieved.

However, you /should/ put the PS3 in DMZ anyway, because then you will never have problems joining servers. "Incompatibility with host" error won't happen anymore.

even if you have wireless, hardline will always be a minimum of 33% faster than wireless signal.

This is definitely not true either. Granted, my ps3 is only about 10 feet away from my wireless router, which is a good quality model, with quality firmware. but as per Speakeasy speed test, the speed difference between wired/wireless is about 2mb/sec download, and about 0.05 mb/sec upload. which is closer to 9% faster.

I did not notice a difference between wired/wireless, and the fastest tree-er I know is on wireless. go figure that one

Being under the influence improves your reaction?

It is proven medical fact that stimulants increase the speed at which your brain reacts to stimuli.

I can't tell if your post was satirical or not, as he was unclear about 'influence' but I'll elaborate anyway; yes caffeine, cocaine, Ritalin (and other a.d.d meds), will absolutely positively impact your reaction time. (who the hell does cocaine anyway, I'm just saying...)

And quite the opposite for downers, such as alcohol. Which puts me out of luck because I like to game on a beer or two

I personly perfer use things to calm the nerves... Others use things to improve reactions . In my opinion it depends on the person!

Just consider the difference between being /nervous/ and being /stimulated/ and try drinking a bunch of coffee sometime

Coming from the guy with the slowest tree on gt5 👎, dont listen too him Im the real guy here :sly:

Oh word Rev?! LMFAO actually I think the past few days I've been big daddy... and you my little baby girl :sly:

I'm sensing a Tree Battle <3

💡

Oh word Rev?! LMFAO actually I think the past few days I've been big daddy... and you my little baby girl :sly:

I'm sensing a Tree Battle <3

💡

Lol more like one day o.0 i showed you in the rx7 I was laggin the day before :P

Fawxe_
This may be late but, how do I clear my cache?

Click on the little gear in the gt life menu. Scroll to options. Scroll all the way down click X wait a few moments and your done.

Wow, you guys know a lot about treeing and the concept of a tree. After reading all the comments my tree has gotten better.

I still need to improve mine but I haven't been on much I have been working two jobs but my reaction has gotten better a lot more love mail than when I first started haha

I still need to improve mine but I haven't been on much I have been working two jobs but my reaction has gotten better a lot more love mail than when I first started haha
I hear you on that! I wish I had more time to play, I finally started playing gt6 this weekend after having it for almost two weeks.

Did I skip rows but nobody mentioned setting the Game Mode on yer big flat TVs? On the best case, that might result dropping some 50ms from "movie" or such mode which has the image processing chips running ruining the picture...

Edit: back in the days playing Battlefield 2 on PC, pings over 100ms to server were getting close to unplayable. Many servers used to automatically kick people out if their ping went over 150ms.

Hi faux just my 2 cents. I use a 42" Panasonic plasma vierra GT50. I use game mode to help speed refresh rate as much as possible. I have a 130-180ms ping to US servers. My ps3 is in dmz mode, same static ip to ps3. I used a standard virgin media superhub. I have a 120Mbps. Downloads tend to be 65mbps, uploads 6-8mbps. I don't take any coffee or drugs. I just practice my natural reaction on the pc with my mouse sometimes there are websites that you can go to to help your eye-hand coordination. I'm hardwired too with custom made turbo straighthrough patch cable which is 10-15feet going under my bedroom floor to the office next door where the superhub resides. My ps3 gets around 31-48mbps downspeed and 6-8 upspeed. Also no one else has mention this but dribk plenty of water it improves your sense and reaction why you think your body get hydration if you loose water. Also you need to get plenty of sleep which will help big time. Although I struggle myself to keep up to these treatments. Well hope this helps you see you around gt5 if you still hang around these quarters. Pce ;)

Back