Triple Screen Support

• Thread starter Sunnyb255
  • 54 comments
United States
California,
Sunnyb255
Can anyone verify if GT Sport will offer Triple Screen support? If it does will that require 3 PS4'S and 3 GT Sport games?

Can anyone verify if GT Sport will offer Triple Screen support? If it does will that require 3 PS4'S and 3 GT Sport games?

No racing game (in PS4) offers triple screen.You need a PC and not a concole to have a triple screen support.

EDIT: Games with triple screen support are iRacing,Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2 (all in PC).I cant remember another title at this point.

Last edited:
Whaaat? Had to look it up immediately... now I`m feeling bad. Played GT since GT1 and never heard of a triple screen option for GT5 or GT6... :eek:

Okay, then sorry @Sunnyb255 for the rude answer... but really never heard of a possible way to play on a triple screen setup for PlayStation.

And a wonderfully immersive experience it is, I can assure you!

Forza 1, 2, 3 and 4 also support triple screen. I started with Forza 1, progressed through 2, 3 and 4, and eventually bought two cheap used PS3s to complete the GT5/GT6 triple screen setup. Incidentally, the GT implementation is much easier to use than Forza's

Triple screen is truly transformative

Sadly, Forza gave it up after FM4 and it would appear that GTS won't have it, at least at launch

I hope you guys realize that triple screen support does not mean "3 ps/xbox,3 monitors and 3 copies of the game".
It did with GT5.

What is required to use the multimonitor feature?
To use the multimonitor feature, you need the same number of PS3 units and copy of GT5 as the number of monitors. All PS3 systems running GT5 must be updated to the latest version of the game. The PS3 systems running the multimonitor setup must be connected through LAN, connected together through a high-speed switching hub.

It did with GT5.

Triple screen support means one system (ps/xbox/Pc),one copy of said game and the option within the game to connect 3 monitors to the said system that work as one monitor.
With that said there is not ps or xbox games that offer 3ple screen support.Your link is a workaround (a way to have something similar to 3ple screen support).

Last edited:
Triple screen support means one system (ps/xbox/Pc),one copy of said game and the option within the game to connect 3 monitors to the said system that work as one monitor.
With that said either ps or xbox games have 3ple screen support.Your link is a workaround (a way to have something similar to 3ple screen support).
Triple screen support is something that is/isn't supported by the game, not the box it's playing from.

www.gran-turismo.com/au/support/03_0022037.html

www.gran-turismo.com/au/gt6/manual/#!/option/display

There may be a technicality which suggests it isn't "true" triple screen.
But I can't find proof it is, so it will probably just as hard for you to prove it isn't.

Either way, it isn't just some split-the-signal-3-ways lazy attempt.

Last edited:
Triple screen support is something that is/isn't supported by the game, not the box it's playing from.

www.gran-turismo.com/au/support/03_0022037.html

www.gran-turismo.com/au/GT6/manual/#!/option/display

There may be a technicality which suggests it isn't "true" triple screen.
But I can't find proof it is, so it will probably just as hard for you to prove it isn't.

Either way, it isn't just some split-the-signal-3-ways lazy attempt.

Pretty much what I've said.
Triple screen support is something supported by the said game in one platform.Not just split the signal 3 ways anyway we can.

Pretty much what I've said.
Triple screen support is something supported by the said game in one platform.Not just split the signal 3 ways anyway we can.
No, that's not the technicality I was talking about.

Triple screen support in a game is just that.
I'm not sure the process or equipment required to achieve it really alters that fact.

Edit.
Sorry, I wasn't running away from the discussion, I was running towards the bottle shop before it closed. :P
I'll continue.

You seem to be suggesting that because a single PS3 console can't do triple screen, that therefore GT doesn't support it.
It's probably a reasonable assumption that there are plenty of home PC's out there that couldn't handle iRacing triple screen.
Well, not very well anyway, if at all.
But obviously that isn't a signal that iRacing doesn't support it.

First you need the appropriate equipment, but the biggest piece of the puzzle is game support.

The technicality I was referring to is if each screen has its own image rendered.
As opposed to someone telling their computer it has 3 screens and everything is simply stretched across all 3.

Perhaps someone here knows the answer, or could provide a link either for or against GT in this regard.
But I'm struggling to find evidence myself.

Due to the rather complicated procedure, the mathematical theory, and the options available, it was my impression that each screen in GT was individually rendered.

I recall Andy Tudor talking of adjusting the bezel width on each monitor for PC2 on PC recently at E3.
This line from the GT manuals reminds my layman's mind of that.
"Monitor Frame Border: Set the proportion of the width of the border around the edge of the screen to the display area. Adjust this when the images on adjacent monitors do not line up smoothly."

So what GT is doing is certainly a very good attempt at "true" triple screen support.
And if in fact it is true that each screen is rendered individually, then it must be so close it's almost without question.

To the best of my knowledge, of course.

Last edited:
With that said there is not ps or xbox games that offer 3ple screen support.Your link is a workaround (a way to have something similar to 3ple screen support).

I'm not sure why you have decided to define "Triple screen support" as being limited to a PC-like implementation. Would you say that if a PC has three graphics cards then it's not "true" triple screen?

The way it works in Forza 1/2/3/4 and GT 5/6 is that if you look at the screens rather than the consoles, you see triple screen. The driver view is spread across the 3 (or more) screens.

The consoles are interconnected on the LAN, each with its own monitor and copy of the game. The player interacts with one of the consoles, and this master console sends rendering guidance to the other consoles. These low cost consoles don't have the rendering power, nor direct connectivity to render multiple HD monitors simultaneously like high-end PCs.

Just because they are lashed together over a LAN doesn't change the reality that the player is seeing a real-time panorama which has 3X (or 5x) as many pixels as a single system view. It enables the driver to see deeply into upcoming tight corners, with wonderful peripheral view. Maybe you don't like this implementation for some reason, and that's why you call it a "workaround", however it works and works very well. Especially the GT implementation.

Triple screen support means that you can play the game on 3 screens. The method of how you do that is irrelevant and with any method, you're still going to need hardware.

Triple screen support means that you can play the game on 3 screens. The method of how you do that is irrelevant and with any method, you're still going to need hardware.

Sorry I had the impression that we were talking about games (GTS in specific) offering triple screen support and not if there are tricks or ways to use 3 monitors in games or platforms that do not offer triple screen support.

Sorry I had the impression that we were talking about games (GTS in specific) offering triple screen support and not if there are tricks or ways to use 3 monitors in games or platforms that do not offer triple screen support.

It's not a "trick" in GT5/6 or in FM2/3/4. The support is right there in the menu system of these games and it's documented. In FM1, the support was there, however it was kind of hidden since it was not a published, committed feature. Remarkably, it even worked under backward compatibility on Xbox 360

To the best of my knowledge, multi-screen support is not a system function on Xbox, PS3 or Xbox 360. However, all these systems have Ethernet ports, allowing system-to-system communication and coordination. This is all that is needed for any game developer to code in multi-screen support. So far, that has been done in at least 4 games

Re my original question concerning the triple screen support, I've had three monitors starting in GT5 & continuing into GT6. Through the options in the game you have been able to use 1 PS3 connected to the center screen as the server. The other 2 required PS3's are then connected to the left and right screens and in the options for Display are considered client. Yes, three games are required, one for each PS3.

Requirements:
3 PS3's, 3 GT5/6 games and 3 monitors

Individual angles, borders, etc are then adjusted by the user for each respective monitor.

Great driving experience and a much wider view of the tracks which equals more enjoyment.

Still waiting for clarification from the GT Sport folks about multiple screens.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. sorry to bring up this topic again. I recently just purchased GT Sports for my PS4. I confirm that multi-display support is not there yet. base on history of Gt5, Gt6, multi-display didn't come out until a few updates later, possibly 6 to 12 months later. I really hope GT Sports will continue to improve and support multi display. Mine setup is ready to take on this, I can't wait.

for those of you wonder what it looks like, here is my setup for GT6
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/my-triple-screen-setup.333152/

And a wonderfully immersive experience it is, I can assure you!

Forza 1, 2, 3 and 4 also support triple screen. I started with Forza 1, progressed through 2, 3 and 4, and eventually bought two cheap used PS3s to complete the GT5/GT6 triple screen setup. Incidentally, the GT implementation is much easier to use than Forza's

Triple screen is truly transformative

Sadly, Forza gave it up after FM4 and it would appear that GTS won't have it, at least at launch

For total immersion VR is the only way to go. I had triple 27 inch monitors on my PC sim racing rig. Yes, it was good, but the moment I tried Oculus Rift VR I was blown away. The very next day I dismantled the triple screens, eventually sold one and repurposed the other one for another gaming PC. If you’ve never experienced proper VR with a powerful PC you can’t even begin to imagine how incredible an experience it is. It tricks your mind into believing you’re actually sitting in the car. It’s crazy. I highly recommend trying it if you ever get a chance.

For total immersion VR is the only way to go. I had triple 27 inch monitors on my PC sim racing rig. Yes, it was good, but the moment I tried Oculus Rift VR I was blown away. The very next day I dismantled the triple screens, eventually sold one and repurposed the other one for another gaming PC. If you’ve never experienced proper VR with a powerful PC you can’t even begin to imagine how incredible an experience it is. It tricks your mind into believing you’re actually sitting in the car. It’s crazy. I highly recommend trying it if you ever get a chance.

I agree but that may only work for PC / Oculus games. GT Sports only supports "VR Experience" not the full game and resolution on PSVR is not good. for those reason, I believe 3 screens is far better.

Hello all

Some new additions to gaming/movie room: a suspended 130" Motorized Screen for games and movies (that drops down in front of Triple 93" projection screens gaming setup), and a JVC DLA-RS540 4K/UltraHD HDR projector, with a throw distance of 3.8m to the new 130" Drop Down Screen, resulting in a 122" projected image of Gran Turismo Sport in 4K UltraHD HDR 60fps

Below some rough footage captured as 1080p 60fps with a Samsung Galaxy S8+ phone, showing the screens switching between:

- Triple HD 1080p 93" screens, for the 3x old HD 1080p projectors (Panasonic AE7000 / Epson HC1080UB & HC6100 ) = 3x PS3 = 3x Gran Turismo 6 runining in HD 1080p 60fps

VS

- Single 130" drop-down screen, for the new JVC DLA-RS540 4K/UltraHD HDR 122" projected image = 1x PS4 Pro = 1x Gran Turismo Sport running in 4K UltraHD HDR 60fps

Although unfortunately currently Gran Turismo Sport (as an application) does not yet support multi display, its a very important feature, and I wanted to show the below footage to illustrate the potential benefits, as compared with Gran Turismo 6, what we are missing with Gran Turismo Sport.

*** Sorry for the somehow shaky and out-of-focus footage, but the room is very dark (like... batcave dark... floor, ceiling, walls, furniture), so on one hand the phone was struggling to focus with low light surrounding, while with other hand I was juggling with the remote control units (displays, motorized screen, HDMI switcher), but it is just a rough test footage to give an idea of the multi-screen/display setup

Man it would be awesome if they offered a full game VR support if you had 2 ps4s, one for each eye.
You should be working at Sony!
It would be amazing, if the break out box allowed 2 PS4 to be connected and used the power from each cpu gpu, it would be possible with just a new break out box and a game/system patch.

I admit I wouldn't have bought into PSVR if 2 PS4 were required from the outset, but having tasted VR I would buy a £200 ps4 slim at the drop of a hat.

You should email your idea to Kaz and Sony

I've just checked and Multi Monitor support came
- 3 months (02/2011) after the realease of GT5 (11/2010)
- 3 months (03/2014) after the realease of GT6 (12/2013)

It's been 4.5 months already since GT Sport launch (10/2017), Kaz didn't say a word about that, so I don't feel it's gonna happening this time :(
I hope I'm wrong

Hello everyone
Can we write a formal request, signed by many people, appealing to Polyphony Digital in respect of the application supporting the multi-monitor feature, like previously GT4 GT5 GT6 had before ?
Or is there already a list of features requests here on the forum, where we can all vote for this feature ?

To many of us the multi-monitor support is one of the most important features of Gran Turismo !!

Back