Triple Screen Support

• Thread starter Sunnyb255
  • 54 comments
Hello everyone
Can we write a formal request, signed by many people, appealing to Polyphony Digital in respect of the application supporting the multi-monitor feature, like previously GT4 GT5 GT6 had before ?
Or is there already a list of features requests here on the forum, where we can all vote for this feature ?

To many of us the multi-monitor support is one of the most important features of Gran Turismo !!

Here’s the “features request” area. If you search around inside, you’ll find (a now closed) thread on this subject for GT6.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/categories/suggestions.338/

Craft the words in your request carefully and you’ll get more votes. Pictures and video help. Good luck!!

Here’s the “features request” area. If you search around inside, you’ll find (a now closed) thread on this subject for GT6.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/categories/suggestions.338/

Craft the words in your request carefully and you’ll get more votes. Pictures and video help. Good luck!!

I also am requesting multiple screen support just like in GT5 & GT6. That was one reason the game was purchased for the console.

I also am requesting multiple screen support just like in GT5 & GT6. That was one reason the game was purchased for the console.

With a good VR mode I could have understood why they had dropped the Triple Screen mode but unfortunately the VR mode in GT Sport is clearly not enought (PS4 not powerful enough) and at the end we have "nothing". I know that Triple Screen for console concerns only a few percentage of the community but it's still an excellent showcase for the Game, especially now we have a good Sport Mode ! I would love to see youtube video from A+ drivers in Triple Screen :embarrassed:

So good memories with GT6.

But as I said earlier :
I've just checked and Multi Monitor support came
- 3 months (02/2011) after the realease of GT5 (11/2010)
- 3 months (03/2014) after the realease of GT6 (12/2013)

It's been 4.5 months already since GT Sport launch (10/2017), Kaz didn't say a word about that, so I don't feel it's gonna happening this time :(
I hope I'm wrong

And now it's been 8 months :(

Hi
Since December 2017 I have been playing with a PS4 Pro and a JVC RS540 projector (4K UltraHD HDR 60fps 4:2:2 with 18Gbps HDMI inputs) on a single 122" screen, and the amount of work Polyphony Digital has done on the cockpit interior details is truly amazing.

It is such a waste of potential that all their work on interior detail cannot yet be admired as it deserves in all the glory of a triple 4K UltraHD HDR screens setup, surrounding 180° of your field of vision with all the screens in focus (unlike the PSVR focus behavior), and available for all modes, GT League, Campaign, Sports Mode (unlike PSVR)

From where we are now it doesnt need much more, as the infrastructure hardware and OS pieces are already available to consumers:
- PS4 Pro outputs 4K UltraHD HDR 60fps = Check
- Getting 3x PS4 Pros in LAN = Doable
- 4K UltraHD HDR 60fps displays availabilty = Check
- Getting 3x such displays = Doable

Polyphony Digital just needs to simply enable the missing feature at the application layer, a feature they are very familiar with, actually themselves having created and perfected it for consoles in GT4 GT5 GT6 applications.
Without hesitation I would upgrade my setup to 3x PS4 Pros, 3x 4K UltraHD HDR 60fps projectors, for an earning triple 4K UltraHD HDR screens setup.

Its like Polyphony Digital simply doesnt enable the multi-display feature so that commercially Sony can keep selling more PSVR kits to the huge base of GT players.
Naturally I also have a PSVR kit, but unfortunately its screen doesnt deserve the amount of remarkable work Polyphony Digital has done on the cockpit interior details.

Sadly, the PSVR screen:
- is not even 1920x1080p per eye, only 960x1080p per eye. And then with the PSVR focus behavior, your effective resolution becomes less HD, more like Standard Definition NTSC/PAL
- is not HDR, not 10bit, just SDR 8-bit : (

Its very sad that GT Sport amazing potential combination of 4K UltraHD HDR 60fps picture quality + 180° immersion is not being realyzed, just for the commercial decision of helping Sony sell more PSVR kits to the large base of GT Players.

And then again we are so close, Polyphony Digital just needs to simply enable the missing feature at the application layer, a feature that in terms of gaming console history, was actually created by Polyphony Digital themselves.

JVC's eshift5 isn't really 4K (native 1080p shifted) and GTS is only 1800p checker boarded while PSVR can do 120fps ;) Plus the OLED screen has better contrast than a projector. (Except for the fact that Sony advises devs not to use true black as some sort of comfort setting...)

PD could have sold me another pro if linking 2 pro's would be sufficient to get sport mode running in PSVR at 120 fps. Sadly it is hampered by having to run on one single base ps4 making it pretty useless as you can only time trial on PSVR.

I don't think it was a commercial decision not to include triple screen support to sell more PSVR. PSVR support is pretty crap tbh lacking even basic options like linking the camera to the driver instead of staying level at all times. At least you can lean in in showroom mode to admire the details. (While driving the screen blacks out if you move your head too far, why....)

PD build a new engine from scratch and likely ran out of time to add triple screen support to the new engine.

Last edited:
I think the video making of GT3 have muitli triple screen TV support. Idk it on pc or ps2.
IMG_2813.JPG

PD could have sold me another pro if linking 2 pro's would be sufficient to get sport mode running in PSVR at 120 fps.

^^^ If adding another PS4 Pro would provide the resources necessary for improved clarity and the ability to race just one friend in a lobby, I’d be mashing the “buy” button.

I find myself using the PSVR more and more. Especially when I can drive cars that I have driven in real life. I generally avoid cockpit view when looking at GTS. I love cockpit view when driving in GTS.

Sadly it is hampered by having to run on one single base ps4 making it pretty useless as you can only time trial on PSVR.

^^^ Not quite true that the driving experience is limited to “time trial”. There’s the original “experience” mode which places another car on the track with you. Sadly, that other car is rarely competitive, and sometimes the choice is plain weird. Example - I chose my standard Cooper S to drive on one of the dirt tracks. The game chose the FIAT 500. I don’t think it’s possible to detune the Cooper to the point where the FIAT has a chance.

The best race I’ve had with the Cooper is on the Le Mans track (no chicane). The Cooper is severely top-speed limited which makes it a lot of fun

^^^ Not quite true that the driving experience is limited to “time trial”. There’s the original “experience” mode which places another car on the track with you. Sadly, that other car is rarely competitive, and sometimes the choice is plain weird. Example - I chose my standard Cooper S to drive on one of the dirt tracks. The game chose the FIAT 500. I don’t think it’s possible to detune the Cooper to the point where the FIAT has a chance.

The best race I’ve had with the Cooper is on the Le Mans track (no chicane). The Cooper is severely top-speed limited which makes it a lot of fun

Ah, I never noticed you sometimes get a different car on the track with you. I thought the other car was just there so you could admire it from the outside as they never seem to want to race.

I'll bring out the psvr again some time when I have the funds for that new 10 mil car. It's great actually sitting in the cars. Just a shame that the fov change is so jarring between VR and TV. The fov is incorrect on TV of course, yet since I rather race people than time trial and switching back and forth kinda sucks, VR is losing out on GTS.

Last edited:
JVC's eshift5 isn't really 4K (native 1080p shifted) and GTS is only 1800p checker boarded while PSVR can do 120fps ;) Plus the OLED screen has better contrast than a projector. (Except for the fact that Sony advises devs not to use true black as some sort of comfort setting...)

PD could have sold me another pro if linking 2 pro's would be sufficient to get sport mode running in PSVR at 120 fps. Sadly it is hampered by having to run on one single base ps4 making it pretty useless as you can only time trial on PSVR.

I don't think it was a commercial decision not to include triple screen support to sell more PSVR. PSVR support is pretty crap tbh lacking even basic options like linking the camera to the driver instead of staying level at all times. At least you can lean in in showroom mode to admire the details. (While driving the screen blacks out if you move your head too far, why....)

PD build a new engine from scratch and likely ran out of time to add triple screen support to the new engine.
Happy New Year everyone !!!

Yes, the JVC RS540/X790R projector is not native 3840x2160, but, its native 1920x1080 eshifts to apparent 3200x1800, which works for GT Sport 3200x1800 + checkerboard on the PS4 Pro.
Yes, in general an OLED screen would have better contrast ratio than a projector, but, specifically JVC's RS540/X790R LCoS implementation is among the best for projectors in terms of black level, its not just any LCD/DLP projector.

But fine, lets take the projector out of the equation, we can also do a Triple Display setup with 3x 65" FALD LED HDR UHD TVs, or even 3x 65" OLED HDR UHD TVs.
With Black Friday deals or previous years models clearance, and patience year by year, the completion of such setup its doable.

Concerning the PSVR's 120fps, we need to distinguish between game rendering frame rate vs. display refresh rate, as they are two different values.
The PSVR games are rendered at 60fps per eye, then the PSVR display refreshes at 120Hz, splitting 60Hz/60fps for the left eye, and 60Hz/60fps for the right eye, like stereoscopic 3D, so its not like 120fps for the same eye.

Another serious thing that occurred to me, the video transmission chain from PS4 to PSVR display is composed of two portions, lets juts call them A and B for simplicity:
  • Portion A = from PS4 to PSVR processing unit. These are HDMI2.0 ports, but it still uses the standards of either 1080p (3D) 24fps per eye or 720p (3D) 60fps per eye for Stereoscopic 3D as per HDMI1.4 standards. There is no official confirmation that HDMI2.0 standards of Stereoscopic 3D transmission via HDMI have been updated for 1080p (3D) 60fps per eye, right ? (if anyone finds this confirmations, please update).
    • This means that for this portion, for all we know, PSVR 60fps games output resolution from the PS4 is 720p (3D) 60fps per eye, limited by the standards of Stereoscopic 3D transmission via HDMI, and that is what is received on the PSVR processing unit HDMI input
  • Portion B = From PSVR processing unit to PSVR display. This uses a Sony proprietary video transmission for Stereoscopic 3D, not HDMI, so its not limited by the 720p (3D) 60fps per eye HDMI standard.
    • This means that for this portion B, we have two options:
      • the PSVR processing unit output passes through the 720p (3D) 60fps per eye resolution, the PSVR display receives it, then upscales the resolution to 1080p (3D) 60fps per eye, and shows the content to each eye using the 120Hz display refresh rate
      • the PSVR processing unit itself upscales the resolution to 1080p (3D) 60fps per eye, sends it via the Sony proprietary video transmission towards the PSVR display, which then shows the content to each eye using the 120Hz display refresh rate
So in summary this means that our PSVR experience is:
  • 60fps
  • 1280x720p-based on the PS4 to PSVR processing unit portion, then upscaled to 1920x1080p on the PSVR display portion
  • 8-bit color bit depth
  • SDR
If we put in perspective and compare it to what a proper Triple PS4 Pro + Triple UHD HDR Display experience could be:
  • 60fps
  • 3200x1800 based + checkerboard (on the PS4 Pro)
  • 10-bit color bit depth
  • HDR
  • all this per each individual UHD HDR display of a Triple setup : )
Its amazing what we are missing, and the infrastructure potential (hardware + OS) is all there ready in place.
Even if its a new gaming engine, Polyphony Digital just needs to simply enable/add the missing feature at the application layer with a patch update.

Yes, the JVC RS540/X790R projector is not native 3840x2160, but, its native 1920x1080 eshifts to apparent 3200x1800, which works for GT Sport 3200x1800 + checkerboard on the PS4 Pro.
Yes, in general an OLED screen would have better contrast ratio than a projector, but, specifically JVC's RS540/X790R LCoS implementation is among the best for projectors in terms of black level, its not just any LCD/DLP projector.

But fine, lets take the projector out of the equation, we can also do a Triple Display setup with 3x 65" FALD LED HDR UHD TVs, or even 3x 65" OLED HDR UHD TVs.
With Black Friday deals or previous years models clearance, and patience year by year, the completion of such setup its doable.

Concerning the PSVR's 120fps, we need to distinguish between game rendering frame rate vs. display refresh rate, as they are two different values.
The PSVR games are rendered at 60fps per eye, then the PSVR display refreshes at 120Hz, splitting 60Hz/60fps for the left eye, and 60Hz/60fps for the right eye, like stereoscopic 3D, so its not like 120fps for the same eye.

Another serious thing that occurred to me, the video transmission chain from PS4 to PSVR display is composed of two portions, lets juts call them A and B for simplicity:
  • Portion A = from PS4 to PSVR processing unit. These are HDMI2.0 ports, but it still uses the standards of either 1080p (3D) 24fps per eye or 720p (3D) 60fps per eye for Stereoscopic 3D as per HDMI1.4 standards. There is no official confirmation that HDMI2.0 standards of Stereoscopic 3D transmission via HDMI have been updated for 1080p (3D) 60fps per eye, right ? (if anyone finds this confirmations, please update).
    • This means that for this portion, for all we know, PSVR 60fps games output resolution from the PS4 is 720p (3D) 60fps per eye, limited by the standards of Stereoscopic 3D transmission via HDMI, and that is what is received on the PSVR processing unit HDMI input
  • Portion B = From PSVR processing unit to PSVR display. This uses a Sony proprietary video transmission for Stereoscopic 3D, not HDMI, so its not limited by the 720p (3D) 60fps per eye HDMI standard.
      • the PSVR processing unit output passes through the 720p (3D) 60fps per eye resolution, the PSVR display receives it, then upscales the resolution to 1080p (3D) 60fps per eye, and shows the content to each eye using the 120Hz display refresh rate
      • the PSVR processing unit itself upscales the resolution to 1080p (3D) 60fps per eye, sends it via the Sony proprietary video transmission towards the PSVR display, which then shows the content to each eye using the 120Hz display refresh rate
  • 60fps
  • 1280x720p-based on the PS4 to PSVR processing unit portion, then upscaled to 1920x1080p on the PSVR display portion
  • 8-bit color bit depth
  • SDR
If we put in perspective and compare it to what a proper Triple PS4 Pro + Triple UHD HDR Display experience could be:
  • 60fps
  • 10-bit color bit depth
  • HDR
Its amazing what we are missing, and the infrastructure potential (hardware + OS) is all there ready in place.
Even if its a new gaming engine, Polyphony Digital just needs to simply enable/add the missing feature at the application layer with a patch update.

Triple screen would be awesome, yet you are not correct about psvr. The ps4 sends the full 1080p60 image to the breakout box. It's two 960x1080 frames packed together to be split for the left and right eye. Each eye gets 960x1080. Actually the ps4 pro outputs 1080p120 to the breakout box. There are only a few games that render native 120 fps (Polybius and Track mania turbo) for the rest it will slightly shift the picture to update the position for headtracking at 120 fps while the game still renders at 60 fps. If you pay attention to the edges while shaking your head you will notice a bit of black on the sides where there is no picture yet.

Yet true 960x1080 8 bit vs 3200x1800 10 bit HDR is quite a difference. The ps4 pro does down sample to 960x1080 per eye to get a smoother picture but the apparent resolution is still low blown up to 100 degrees fov. Head tracking is worth gold though. A 180 curved screen setup, pretty expensive and you still miss 3D depth.

In the end VR will out pace screens due to foveated rendering and eye tracking. Plus there is no reason why VR won't get HDR with OLED panels. It's perfect for it as light is totally controlled in the headset.

Actually VR rendering is a bit different due to the warping effect of the lenses. The game renders a normal rectangular picture which gets projected to look correct in the headset. Effectively you get a higher resolution in the middle of the image than at the edges. To make sure you get the full benefit of the display, the original render needs to be higher than 960x1080 as the middle part gets stretched or zoomed in on while warping the image for VR. Some games actually render the middle in a higher resolution than the edges like RE7 on the base ps4, to save resources.

The breakout box takes one side of the image and dewarps it into a 720p image to show on tv while someone is playing. You can see the lower resolution on the edges from de warping. The breakout box can also split a secondary image of the hdmi feed. Some games have a secondary screen while playing in VR. It must be a proprietary format between the ps4 and breakout box as in that case it sends the 1080p120 plus another 1080p60 to the breakout box.

It's all rather inefficient due the the lack of an extra hdmi out on ps4. When you record psvr footage the ps4 also dewarps one side of the image to record as 720p on the ps4. Unless by some magic the breakout box sends the dewarped image back to the ps4, no clue. Next gen it should all be better planned out from the start.

Last edited:
How the heck do you guys know all this stuff. What I know about my "smart TV" and PS4 Pro?? I press the power buttons and they should turn on, I press them again and they turn off. :lol::lol::lol::cheers:

How the heck do you guys know all this stuff. What I know about my "smart TV" and PS4 Pro?? I press the power buttons and they should turn on, I press them again and they turn off. :lol::lol::lol::cheers:

I hate smart tech. Sometimes I want to listen to music over my receiver while having game sound through the tv. My smart tv won't let me and insists on either having the game sound through ARC on the receiver, or get this, put my music over the tv speakers and mute the receiver. wtf. So I have to disconnect the hdmi cable between the tv and receiver to get both. Then when I reconnect it, the tv still steals the music to put over the tv speakers so I have to go back in the menu to switch sound to external again. So convenient these smart features :banghead: HDMI cec, HDMI arc, HDMI **** :cheers:

I hate smart tech. Sometimes I want to listen to music over my receiver while having game sound through the tv. My smart tv won't let me and insists on either having the game sound through ARC on the receiver, or get this, put my music over the tv speakers and mute the receiver. wtf. So I have to disconnect the hdmi cable between the tv and receiver to get both. Then when I reconnect it, the tv still steals the music to put over the tv speakers so I have to go back in the menu to switch sound to external again. So convenient these smart features :banghead: HDMI cec, HDMI arc, HDMI **** :cheers:

I have a Bose SS and a DVR attached to my TV. I used to turn on PS4 and change the input to PS4 but after about 2 hours of playing the TV would automatically switch back to TV in the middle of a race!! Now I turn everything off then turn on PS4 and just the TV.

• 60fps
  • 8-bit color bit depth
  • SDR
  • 60fps
  • 10-bit color bit depth
  • HDR

Triple screen would be awesome, yet you are not correct about psvr. The ps4 sends the full 1080p60 image to the breakout box. It's two 960x1080 frames packed together to be split for the left and right eye. Each eye gets 960x1080. Actually the ps4 pro outputs 1080p120 to the breakout box. There are only a few games that render native 120 fps (Polybius and Track mania turbo) for the rest it will slightly shift the picture to update the position for headtracking at 120 fps while the game still renders at 60 fps. If you pay attention to the edges while shaking your head you will notice a bit of black on the sides where there is no picture yet.

Yet true 960x1080 8 bit vs 3200x1800 10 bit HDR is quite a difference. The ps4 pro does down sample to 960x1080 per eye to get a smoother picture but the apparent resolution is still low blown up to 100 degrees fov. Head tracking is worth gold though. A 180 curved screen setup, pretty expensive and you still miss 3D depth.

In the end VR will out pace screens due to foveated rendering and eye tracking. Plus there is no reason why VR won't get HDR with OLED panels. It's perfect for it as light is totally controlled in the headset.

Actually VR rendering is a bit different due to the warping effect of the lenses. The game renders a normal rectangular picture which gets projected to look correct in the headset. Effectively you get a higher resolution in the middle of the image than at the edges. To make sure you get the full benefit of the display, the original render needs to be higher than 960x1080 as the middle part gets stretched or zoomed in on while warping the image for VR. Some games actually render the middle in a higher resolution than the edges like RE7 on the base ps4, to save resources.

The breakout box takes one side of the image and dewarps it into a 720p image to show on tv while someone is playing. You can see the lower resolution on the edges from de warping. The breakout box can also split a secondary image of the hdmi feed. Some games have a secondary screen while playing in VR. It must be a proprietary format between the ps4 and breakout box as in that case it sends the 1080p120 plus another 1080p60 to the breakout box.

It's all rather inefficient due the the lack of an extra hdmi out on ps4. When you record psvr footage the ps4 also dewarps one side of the image to record as 720p on the ps4. Unless by some magic the breakout box sends the dewarped image back to the ps4, no clue. Next gen it should all be better planned out from the start.

I've read somewhere that the dev have 3 options :
- send a 60fps signal (converted in 120fps signal with reprojection tech)
- send a 90fps signal (converted in 120fps signal with reprojection tech)
- send a 120fps signal (not converted)

I don't know which signal is sent with GT Sport ?

PS : I would LOVE to have triple screen support for the game...

I've read somewhere that the dev have 3 options :
- send a 60fps signal (converted in 120fps signal with reprojection tech)
- send a 90fps signal (converted in 120fps signal with reprojection tech)
- send a 120fps signal (not converted)

I don't know which signal is sent with GT Sport ?

PS : I would LOVE to have triple screen support for the game...

The 90 fps is not converted to 120 fps. It can only double it. I have not seen a 90 fps psvr game, no clue if there are any.
All frame rates can be reprojected. The reprojection is simply shifting the image slightly based on the latest head tracking update, right before sending it to the device. Howver for 60fps games, the frame rate is also doubled by reprojecting twice.

Trackmania Turbo is still reprojected at native 120fps, Polybius is not since you pretty much always look forward. You can notice a slight delay when you turn your head in the menu in Polybius. Although the game runs in 120fps, without the last moment reprojection you can still detect lag. The difference is, get headtracking -> render -> display, or get headtracking -> render -> get headtracking and shift (reproject) image -> display.

GT Sport runs in 60 fps converted to 120 fps

finish render 1 -> get headtracking and reproject > display image 1
get headtracking -> start render 2 / reproject image 1 -> display image 1B

finish render 2-> get headtracking and reproject > display image 2
get headtracking -> start render 3 / reproject image 2 -> display image 2B

Etc.

Last edited:
The 90 fps is not converted to 120 fps. It can only double it. I have not seen a 90 fps psvr game, no clue if there are any.
All frame rates can be reprojected. The reprojection is simply shifting the image slightly based on the latest head tracking update, right before sending it to the device. Howver for 60fps games, the frame rate is also doubled by reprojecting twice.

Trackmania Turbo is still reprojected at native 120fps, Polybius is not since you pretty much always look forward. You can notice a slight delay when you turn your head in the menu in Polybius. Although the game runs in 120fps, without the last moment reprojection you can still detect lag. The difference is, get headtracking -> render -> display, or get headtracking -> render -> get headtracking and shift (reproject) image -> display.

Etc.
Hi Sven.
Thanks a lot for the explanation of how the PSVR details work : )

Etc.

Interesting !

The retroprojection is made by the psvr box, right ? So in the case of GT Sport it means that the console is sending a 60fps signal to the psvr box ?

Interesting !

The retroprojection is made by the psvr box, right ? So in the case of GT Sport it means that the console is sending a 60fps signal to the psvr box ?

Nope, it's all done on the ps4. The ps4 sends 1080p120 to the box, for some games another 1080p60 frame mixed in (no clue how) which the psvr box splits off to show as a secondary screen. Normally the psvr box unprojects either the left or right 960x1080 image to show on tv. The other thing the box does is 3D positional audio for the PSVR headphones based on head tracking.

The box is mostly needed because the ps4 lacks a secondary HDMI out. The positional audio could be done on the ps4 as well.

Hi people... I know this thread has been going for a while and I can't see any additional comments past Jan2019... maybe a late catch up on the subject from my part but did anyone try to connect 3 MST capable monitors on a daisy chain using DP 1.2 and then when connecting to the PS4 using an active DP port to HDMI adaptor and see if it works? Based on all the reading that I did so far the MST (Multi-Stream Transport) monitors would do the image splitting "naturally". Downside is the quality that is limited to 1080p 60hz, so no UHD or 4K. Another thing that I don't know is if the game (not sure if at the PS4 Pro settings or GT Sport settings) would need to be adjusted to screen size 66"screen (3x22"monitors), 72" screen (3x24"monitors) and so on... you get the idea.

Last edited:
Hi there !

After 5 years I will finally have (back) a dedicated room to (re) install my rig and my triple screen !

After a quick check -> GT Sport still does not support triple screen. The game is out for 3.5 years so we can conclude it will never happen... (despite my attempts to contact them about this subject on every social networks for years 😂)

Simracing has become a real "thing" during this last 3 years :
  • Simracing hardware is less and less expensive and more and more cross platform compatible
  • There are a lot of really good racing games nowadays and they are more and more e-sport oriented
  • A lot of IRL pro drivers play / stream on those games !

Having a triple screen is pretty common nowadays for simracers this is why I really think PD should consider implementing this feature otherwise a lot of us will have to make a difficult choice between :
  • Accept to play GT on only one screen
  • Stop playing GT and focus on other games to use properly the rig we bought / built

My question is : Do we have any hope for GT7 ? How could we do to reach PD ?

Hi there !

After 5 years I will finally have (back) a dedicated room to (re) install my rig and my triple screen !

After a quick check -> GT Sport still does not support triple screen. The game is out for 3.5 years so we can conclude it will never happen... (despite my attempts to contact them about this subject on every social networks for years 😂)

Simracing has become a real "thing" during this last 3 years :
  • Simracing hardware is less and less expensive and more and more cross platform compatible
  • There are a lot of really good racing games nowadays and they are more and more e-sport oriented
  • A lot of IRL pro drivers play / stream on those games !

Having a triple screen is pretty common nowadays for simracers this is why I really think PD should consider implementing this feature otherwise a lot of us will have to make a difficult choice between :
  • Accept to play GT on only one screen
  • Stop playing GT and focus on other games to use properly the rig we bought / built

My question is : Do we have any hope for GT7 ? How could we do to reach PD ?
My hope is for 21:9 support for FOV driving with bars top and bottom on a 55inch and larger 4K 16:9 tv. The best would be One ultra wide screen monitor that could fit full sideview mirrors and more track.
The need for more space , cost and simplicity of setup may leave most Sim drivers out of fair competition when it comes to Field Of Vision If the choice is only for triples.

I wonder if GT7 will somehow support triple screens?
I only just discovered my PS2 ilink setup for GT3 (6port I hub) can also support 1 player for 3 screens!
I have it setup currently as a 2 player in a retired Daytona 2 cab and once it’s totally finished I’m adding 2 more players in a retired Virtua racing Cab 👌

Attachments

• B82A2893-3E94-4E05-94F2-0A76E3D46FC3.png
    B82A2893-3E94-4E05-94F2-0A76E3D46FC3.png
    347.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 03411DA2-635C-4297-921B-94295F5EB3F1.jpeg
    03411DA2-635C-4297-921B-94295F5EB3F1.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 17
I wonder if GT7 will somehow support triple screens?
I only just discovered my PS2 ilink setup for GT3 (6port I hub) can also support 1 player for 3 screens!
I have it setup currently as a 2 player in a retired Daytona 2 cab and once it’s totally finished I’m adding 2 more players in a retired Virtua racing Cab 👌
Sadly, I suspect that we will not get the triple screen support we had with GT5 and GT6 on PS3, nor will we get the PSVR support* we had with GT Sport on PS4.

My guess is that there might be PSVR2 support on PS5. If so, and it’s more than just the technology demo provided by Sport, then that’s what would get me really excited 😊.

Back