• 27 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
Would either one of you happen to have a picture that you'd like to use as your avatar (other than the one you've both got now)?  I'd be more than happy to add it for you, I'm getting you two confused.  :)

Yea, I see that, I get confues too, I go by posts, he's got a hella lot more than me. Where can I get a pic that small?

Can I use my own, If so, can I use this?

thumbnail_img_0_apremmitsuevo.jpg
 I like the Evo VII.

(Edited by True Drifta at 7:35 am on July 3, 2001)

Sure, you can use a picture any size and I'll scale it down.  I'll get that one on the server later today for you.  :)

Yea, mine was being used by someone else too...so I had to change mine :(

well. This was the avatar I told Jordan to make a long time ago. I guess alot of people like it. I guess I'll have to find another avatar. Wait.... I got an idea. Jordan, can you make a custom avatar that no one will be able to select?

That's OK, Evo, Drifta's going to change his so yours will be unique.  :)  I'm trying to install a hack to the forums which will let you use any image you want (without me having to intervene), but I'm having a hard time figuring it out.  :reallymad:

Great avatar, Corey, I love it.

I'm working on sizing it right now.  I'll let you know as soon as it's on the server.

Killer! thanx man, I love it. Hey look at this thread, all avatars of evo 7's red, blue, and yellow, the evo bunch :D thanks again, it looks awesome!

I know how to hack the board to allow for any avatar (for example, in the ikonboard.com forums, you can choose the url to the image you want to use).  If you're interested...u know what to do.

Quote: from Corey on 12:07 am on July 4, 2001[br]I know how to hack the board to allow for any avatar (for example, in the ikonboard.com forums, you can choose the url to the image you want to use).  If you're interested...u know what to do.
:cool:  You rock, Corey.  Check your inbox.

This is a great looking thread, thanks to the great variety of avatars!

hey Jordan just make a transloader like in angel fire. Which you just put the url of the image and the transloader will make that your avatar.

anyway, how come my avatar is so scrunched up? I like it the size it was.

Click on profile at the top, and you'll see where you  can do that now!  You can also upload an image from your hard drive so that you don't need to have it hosted somewhere on the internet.  :)

Sorry about the size, I still need to fix that.

I like mine now.  Thanks for a way to make my own.  Its too cool and very original.   Gotta love it.   Thanks Jordan.

Quote: from Fiery on 9:26 pm on July 5, 2001[br]I get error messages whether I want to upload or post an external pic....just won`t let me....
Hey Fiery, you might be trying to upload a .JPG image, which won't work.  Or, it also might be bigger than 75x75 pixels.  Double check that and it should be OK.

@Jordan:  No, it's because of an error (that I think was caused by your Front Page).  Check your PM.

(Edited by Corey at 1:21 pm on July 6, 2001)

Quote: from Corey on 12:20 pm on July 6, 2001[br]@Jordan:  No, it's because of an error (that I think was caused by your Front Page).  Check your PM.

(Edited by Corey at 1:21 pm on July 6, 2001)
Yeah, you're right.

Well, you can just rename the file and it will work.  (from file.jpg to file.gif)  That should do the job.  :)

No, actually, it will not do the job.  .gif and .jpg have different compression codes.  If you compress an image to .gif, then try to tell the computer it is compressed as a .jpg, it will not show up.  (maybe a little too much info, but oh well).

@Evolution Racer - I can see adding .jpg images, but not .bmp.  .bmp (bitmaps) are not compressed at all, and therefore take up about 10-15x (or more) the space that a .gif or .jpg file does.  Jordan just needs to give the okay to add .jpg files.

Hmmm, renaming the files has worked for me in the past.  Actually, that's how I got all the current old avatars on the board.  I just used renaming software and changed the file extension on all the files in a folder.  :conf:

Anyway, JPEGS are fine with me.  Go ahead and add them, Corey.  :)

Back