True Force F1 ™ WTC [Closed - WDC: LewyOs!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
l would rather not get 2nd place this way , looks like icelt should get it , l'm not really concerned about photo evidence . His word on it is all l need .
Congrats again to LewyOs , another smokin' lap time , you too icelt . Bring on the next round . :)

1st off, you fully deserve 2nd place. The "fail-ist" bit for me is I posted that time on Tues and then completely forgot to PM it in until a good hour past the deadline. So yeah, if I'm gonna be that big of a :dunce: I deserve what I get.

He has evidence (not that I wouldn't trust him anyway), it's the fact he submitted it after the deadline.

Like the fruit loop that he is. :lol:

Right. And like I'm fast enough to be giving time away :guilty:. Oh well, effluent happens :lol:.

Also congrats again Lewy... fast fast fast 👍.

Out of interest, can people post their setups? I've never been quick at Silverstone is my excuse!

Cheers guys, good fun Silverstone, enjoyed that round.

Sureboss I always just go with the fastest of the dry default set up's, furthest on the right, don't tinker about with anything.

Out of interest, can people post their setups? I've never been quick at Silverstone is my excuse!

I always use setups from here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-setups/

Sureboss I always just go with the fastest of the dry default set up's, furthest on the right, don't tinker about with anything.

But then again when it comes to fast who's gonna argue with this guy? Not this tortoise, that's for dang certain :D.

For Round 6 I'm back in (finally) got the game re-installed, and if I've lost any of my progress, mods, etc...I am going to be super pissed.

Crikey, I was running the wings at 5, cos of the fast corners. I need to work on my setups.

Sixth Round - Begins 8:40 PM Sunday, December 19th

With only 4 rounds and one Special Event to go, things are beginning to heat up. The provisional points leader, LewyOS, is giving it his all to obtain the Driver's Championship and the 1-year Premium subscription that's up for grabs. It's still anyone's to claim but as things are nearing an end, it's time things became all about focus and perseverance - for it is the individual that's put to the test, decidedly standing amongst the rest as the 2011 WTC Driver's Champion. Where does the sixth round take place? Shanghai.

Can you survive the remaining tests that will be put forth?

1. This competition is restricted to the Scuderia Torro Rosso-Ferrari STR5.
2. Throttle mapping is restricted to Fast only.
3. Tuning is restricted to the second mechanic-specified Dry setting and cannot be altered in any way.
4. This is a wet weather event.

Round 6 - Ends 12:01 AM Friday, December 24th

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't realize I was being waited on.

Yes, wet weather IS correct.

I was requested (I'd suggest instructed ;)) to come up with a devious event setup. So after some consideration I settled on a "Red Red Rain" theme.

Red #1 - Shanghai is in China
Red #2 - Rosso in Torro Rosso
Rain - ahhh... rain is rain or something

Also in keeping with the theme having to drive in the rain with a "fast" dry weather setup is likely to make the driver :mad: in the face and may even induce :( from the eyes. It all tied together rather nicely in my mind :D.

Soooo that's the back story, still direct any anger at T12 as he in fact made me do it. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

Edit...
Flying out of town tomorrow so had to submit my time today. Was pretty pleased with my 1st effort and was about to hit the "send PM" button when I realized I forgot about my own TM Fast requirement. Sooo... just wanted to point out to everyone else that the Quick Tune DOES NOT set your TM to fast by default, you all will have to do that manually. And it does make noticeable difference when accelerating out of the slower corners... yowza.

Oddly enough for someone who despises this game's low speed wet weather physics, I actually enjoyed this round. Which also means I feel pretty good about my time. Which most likely means I'll finish in last :lol:

Good fortune everyone and Happy Holidays :cheers:.

Last edited:
Just out of interest, who is using a wheel and who is using a controller?

l started out using a controller but have since gotten a DFGT wheel .
l'm curious to see how you guys like the setup we are using for this round .
l spent quite some time with this particular tune .
Putting up the front wing for the first half of the track really helps with grip for some of the fast corners.

I'm confused which setup we're using.

There are 7 default set ups to choose from, which one along is it out of the 7?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm confused which setup were using.

There are 7 default set ups to choose from, which one along is it out of the 7?

Thanks

It's the very last one to the right, the Dry setting.

NITROVIOUS l started out using a controller but have since gotten a DFGT wheel .
l'm curious to see how you guys like the setup we are using for this round .
l spent quite some time with this particular tune .
Putting up the front wing for the first half of the track really helps with grip for some of the fast corners.

Ah ok, because i'm lookin to get a wheel as i currently have the DS3 but find it hard to use with F1 and GT5 as its hard to balance the throttle and break so i think i will be getting the new Thrustmaster wheel. :)

i too quite like this tune as i always tend to use it in the career mode but dout i will be able to keep up with the people who use wheels :(

Sixth Round - Begins 8:40 PM Sunday, December 19th

Can you survive the remaining tests that will be put forth?

1. This competition is restricted to the Scuderia Torro Rosso-Ferrari STR5.
2. Throttle mapping is restricted to Fast only.
3. Tuning is restricted to the second mechanic-specified Dry setting and cannot be altered in any way.
4. This is a wet weather event.

Round 6 - Ends 12:01 AM Friday, December 24th

It's the very last one to the right, the Dry setting.

TBH now I'm confused as well. Based on the way the event post was written I concluded we were to use the 2nd from the right default tuning setup. So that's the one I used to post my time.

I'm away from my 360 for the event reminder so there's no chance for me to change my time. Sooo... dunno. If my time needs to be invalidated that's fine.

@Nitro - great idea to use the quick wing adj feature. Never even occurred to me.

@United - FWIW controller user here.

Well , since l'm the second mechanic at True Force tuning , and since l have a dry setup posted for Shanghai , l must be forgiven for thinking you meant to use MY setup . Which of course is why l asked how you guys like that setup , holy confusion Batman .
So we are using the ( engineers ) setup , last on the right , dry . Very well , good luck then .
Just so you know , MY Shanghai setup works great in the rain with front wing up . lol :)

Well , since l'm the second mechanic at True Force tuning , and since l have a dry setup posted for Shanghai , l must be forgiven for thinking you meant to use MY setup . Which of course is why l asked how you guys like that setup , holy confusion Batman .
So we are using the ( engineers ) setup , last on the right , dry . Very well , good luck then .
Just so you know , MY Shanghai setup works great in the rain with front wing up . lol :)

Blame icelt for the confusion, he set it up....told me to reword it however I wanted and then got himself confused, despite being the one who's supposed to know from the get-go.

What a guy. :lol:

I forgot to respond to it, but I did get your notice, and I look forward to it. :dopey:

Time submitted .
Ran quite a few laps for this round , the engineers setup actually uses more front wing downforce than my setup . Regardless , this round was a real test of patience , partly because you can't apply throttle to early coming out of turns , so you have to wait for the back end to be lined up . And again because of the inevitable rain hazards like running wide , front end lockup , spins etc.
The end benefit is worth it though as you have to really practice and focus to get it right .
Merry Christmas everyone , hope Saint Nick is good to you all . :)

Wow. I really missed the deadline by a country mile this time. I'll update everything either tomorrow or Monday.

The results of Round 6 are as follows:

LewyOS - 1:35.865
Terronium-12 - 1:36.092
NITROVIOUS - 1:37.130
icelt - 1:37.805
Sureboss - DNP
United6694 - DNP

Last edited:
Oops. Got a little mixed up with numbers, need to check the rest of the times (including my own) and make sure I didn't mistake anything else. :P

Also, effective for the remainder of the competition, I'm waiving regulations 13 and 17. 15 will be edited to take the place of 17.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back