true or false?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ving
  • 43 comments
  • 1,554 views

people who aim for 100% are [b]more[/b] likely to get bored of gt3

  • True

    Votes: 44 62.9%
  • False

    Votes: 26 37.1%

  • Total voters
    70
i have no intention of going to 100% i have 45% and over 4 million dollars and just about every car i wanted, so i just race, tune, and race some more just for the fun of playing the game! :D
 
yeah i did click on the link fiat... err i mean ving :P

Originally posted by Acidman
i have no intention of going to 100% i have 45% and over 4 million dollars and just about every car i wanted, so i just race, tune, and race some more just for the fun of playing the game! :D

quite right. i have 37% and 2.5mill and i have every car i wanted in the game. in fact i only ever wanted the skyline, and i have that hehe :P

i would have liked it if the game had the M5 but thats another story.
 
Originally posted by ving
go acid go!!

Oh Hell Yeah!!
rockon.gif
 
After getting 100% in GT1 and GT2 I kinda had to do it. Just my obsessive personality I guess. :D By the time I hit 100% in GT3 I was very bored. Not of GT3, just the almost endless effort of achieving the big 100.

Just for the record: I got 100% in GTC the same week I hit it in GT3. Boring fact, but true. :rolleyes:

And GT4? Yep, I suppose I'll just have to do it all again.

Come to think of it, we're all feckin' mad aren't we?! :odd:

;) :lol:
 
I'm almost at 100%, but it's not really a goal anymore since after 1.5 years of GT3 the only thing left that is actually a challenge are the gold license tests. Only 2 of those left in S and I’m done. The problem with GT3 is that it gets too easy pretty fast, then you have to under power your cars, and I don't know about you, but passing the 1st place AI on the final turn with 20MPH difference in exit speed only to be passed halfway down the straight is not all that fun and neither is wining by 20 seconds. I think most people get bored of the GT3 game after they get to a certain level. Of course you find other things to do to make the game interesting again like online racing drifting, running streetcars VS racecars. I will not get bored of GT3 but I am bored of the competition it provides.
 
Originally posted by TruenoAE86
I will not get bored of GT3 but I am bored of the competition it provides.

most definitely.

i think everyone agrees that the AI sucks in gt3. online racing would be an incredibly big plus. but also a method of standardising cars/races. i'd hate to get to gt4, try and play online and find out that to even compete i need to spend several days tweaking with my settings so i can have as good cars as the best people online.

likewise with the ai, you should be able to have "skyline race" or "nsx race" where all the cars are the same, and the difference in times will be through taking corners better and hence skill rather than solely on the power of ur cars.

well its just a thought ;P

paul
 
Originally posted by Nightmage82
likewise with the ai, you should be able to have "skyline race" or "nsx race" where all the cars are the same, and the difference in times will be through taking corners better and hence skill rather than solely on the power of ur cars.

well its just a thought ;P

A good thought at that. I hope GT4 will have that option when playing online. That would be SWEET!!!

Not to mention some freakin GREAT races.
 
That's true it happend to me so i think i know and i am sure it happend to some people here also
 
well... i like to beat a game totally (it gives a great sense of satisfaction) but i love cars which is why gt3 has not grown old...

i got my ps2 for christmas and since have beaten kingdom hearts, got 100% in gta: vice city and i'm at 99% in gt3... i have 1 time trial (tahiti maze), 3 rally license tests, and the s license tests...

speaking of which... when i beat the complex string time trial, it didn't raise the percentage at all... how do the time trial and license tests work to the total percentage, do i have to beat all the time trials to get the points added? just curious

although it may sound like i should vote true in the poll...

i thoroughly enjoy the cars and getting 100%... so my goal of 100% becomes just an added pleasure to my enjoyment of a great racing game.

so, false
 
I,ve had the big 100 for a while now..And must admit i did get bored once i had finnished..

But when i started OLR i got right back into it ..I need to keep my cravings for GT under control until GT4 hits the shelves..
 
I'm at 72.3% and I'll play GT3 for about 2 weeks and then go to Ghost Recon or another game. The races at the Test Course can get boring because I'm always far ahead of the AI. Win % is at 77% and I am not and I am bored at the same time.
 
Back