Try to Beat The Stig in This Week's Project CARS 2 Community Event

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 29, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

adam thompson likes this.
  2. Divaldo

Divaldo

It ´s one of my favourite race tracks.

Cluck likes this.
  3. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Uh yes please.
    Jeremy Clarkson is relying on us to take this stig down!!
    Challenge accepted.

4. fasj6418

fasj6418

This keeps getting ridiculous.

They haven´t disclosed what the time to beat in any of these challenges, so it would be better put if they just said, "race the F3.5 at Oulton", or something like that.

You don´t know the time, you can´t see the ghost, the personalities are never commenting or doing a follow up in thse challenges, so it´s kind of a moot point.

It´s always a regular time trial with a title that makes no sense.

kembro, IBZ6L20VT, phil_75 and 4 others like this.
  5. Brend

Brend Premium

Yep, I notice that too. Oddly enough, I think it means that the time will be placed eventually but if it just appears amongst all the leaderboard times then...yeah, pretty pointless. :lol:

6. adam thompson

adam thompson

I still can’t get used to it with a controller so probably not hahaha :(

zaxs likes this.
  7. FOG-Smokebeer

FOG-Smokebeer

Maybe they will update it here :/ https://www.projectcarsgame.com/beat-the-pro.html?lang=en

matzel, fasj6418, Cluck and 1 other person like this.
  8. zaxs

zaxs

Absolutely agree!

Most of the time spent in game was searching for at least drivable settings on forums, YouTube, asking friends and trying by myself - but I still have only undrivable game that drives me crazy!

Couldn't stay on track with CR.7 at very low speeds, what would be with monster open wheel...

Rotorist and adam thompson like this.
  9. dQuim

dQuim

Agree! You'd think it would be pretty easy to get Ben Collins to post a time to the leaderboards, so at least then you can see what time he did.

However, this is another fun track/car combo so I did enjoy myself last night.

10. Cluck

Cluck

Will be interesting to see Ben's time. In the meantime, there's an absolutely blistering #1 time on PC at the moment - somebody (not me) has set a 1m17.1s lap. I have no doubt at all (given that person's 1st sector time) that we're going to see a mid-high 1m16s lap before this round is over. I don't have the skill to nail the middle sector quickly enough but I'm sure I can put in a low 1m17 myself.

11. TommySalami

TommySalami

Even your time is blistering. I was within a second for the previous time trial at Daytona but I'm 3 seconds back now with a 1:20 lap? I don't understand what I'm missing with this track

12. Cluck

Cluck

I spoke too soon. Just posted a 1m16.908 lap. Messed up the final sector a fraction but maybe only cost a hundredth or two. I'm just about at my limit, I don't know enough about car setups to extract any more out of this

S1: 26.460s
    S2: 28.788s
    S3: 21.660s
    Total: 1m16.908s

As per usual, the setup is just a case of trial and error. I started by reducing wing and found that although I could cream the first sector, the other two sectors were down by more than the gain in sector 1. So I started pushing the wings higher to see the effect and that's where the times started dropping further. When I saw the sector 1 and sector 2 times come up on the wheel's display, my heart started pounding as I knew I was on for a sub.1m17 lap.

Got to say, just as with the Daytona event, this combo is a huge amount of fun :)

As mentioned above, increase the wings and you'll get masses of grip.

Also, I wonder if people are forgetting that the car has a form of DRS? If you look back, in cockpit view, you'll notice the slight gap in the wing closing when DRS is activated.

In short, you minimise the effect of all that rear wing on the straights, giving you a win-win of massive cornering grip and good straight-line speed :)

In short, whack up the wing, turn in hard for each corner, get on the power early and activate the DRS as early as you dare, coming out of each corner.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    nosoks, TommySalami and phil_75 like this.
  13. TommySalami

TommySalami

I had no idea about this, which gave me about 1.5 seconds. Still pretty far off on this one though

Cluck likes this.
  14. fasj6418

fasj6418

Wait, we have to activate the DRS?

I had no idea about that one. Makes me a lot happier with my 17´5 time. I´ll have to test some more to see what happens.

15. Cluck

Cluck

Yep, DRS is manually enabled / disabled in all of the cars in pCARS1 and 2. KERS is automatic in some cars, but not all.

1m17.5 without using DRS is a mighty fine time :)

I didn't do any more laps, I had league stuff to do which was far more important. Besides, I've never been much of a fan of the open wheelers above the Formula Rookie. Too much happens too fast, there's no time to enjoy the moment. It's why I've also barely touched the LMP1 cars.