Trying to install the Course Maker App on Android emulator

• Thread starter NixxxoN
  • 165 comments
Android Emulator for Win

Just to further my higher education. This is needed say if you're trying to use the app on a computer right?

Which brings about another question..

Does something like a PS3 emulator exist for the PC?

I'm not asking where to get or how to use. Just asking if nifty things like that exist.

Just to further my higher education. This is needed say if you're trying to use the app on a computer right?

Yes.

Does something like a PS3 emulator exist for the PC?

I don't think there is for the PS3 or anything else of the same gen, but there are a multitude of emulators for most other consoles of all previous going way back. but I cannot tell you where to find them except for google.

There are also old gen console emulators that are for use on Android tabs/phones, most can be found in the store.

👍

Track Path Editor Use for Mac Users
A Quick, Step-by-Step Guide
  • Install Andy, the friendly Android emulator. A default installation works fine. For me, as this is for the app and absolutely nothing else, I've turned off things like Google sync, and definitely unchecked the "tell me more about updates" box.
  • When Andy has loaded up, point the browser to the Editor app on Google's store. Login with your usual Google account, or create a fresh one if you'd prefer, it doesn't matter.
  • Download the app. You should be able to check the progress by heading to the top left corner, and clicking on the down-facing arrow.
  • You might want to head to the browser (the globe-shaped icon on the main Android screen) while the app loads, to save any reference images you want.
  • Load up the app. Proceed as usual (PD has an online manual here that is very in-depth). When placing a reference image, you'll need to click and drag to move it, while holding Option/Alt down will allow you to rotate and scale, unfortunately both at once. You'll see simulated finger-tips on screen which helps, so getting the hang of rotating without seriously resizing, or vice-versa, will take some patience. Note that when placing a reference image, you cannot zoom in or out.
  • Once placed, the ability to zoom returns (with Option/Alt). You can also go back to the image placement step if you've found an issue, though note that you'll be re-importing from scratch, not changing the existing one.
  • Create your track!
  • When you hit Transfer, the browser will open. Enter in your PSN details, and you'll be transferred back to the app, hopefully with a successful transfer message.
  • Open up in GT6, and enjoy

I downloaded and installed Andy on my iMac OS 8.5. But when i Open the application nothing happens. Do I have to do something else to use Andy? Thanks for the help. :dunce: I am a Geezer :lol:

I downloaded and installed Andy on my iMac OS 8.5. But when i Open the application nothing happens. Do I have to do something else to use Andy? Thanks for the help. :dunce: I am a Geezer :lol:
Howdy!
I used BlueStacks sname as Stewie. Works a charm. Eventualy you will be asked to subscribe, just install the apps offered & its still free.

So theres a story that came out like 2 days ago mentioning that 85-90% of android devices are insecure.
So my question is does anyone know if that includes the Andy emulator?

So theres a story that came out like 2 days ago mentioning that 85-90% of android devices are insecure.
So my question is does anyone know if that includes the Andy emulator?
Even if it was insecure, it runs on a virtual machine. So if anything were to infect it, it wouldn't harm your computer.

SOLUTION FOR ZOOMING ON COMPUTERS!!!

Ok, I'll try to explain as best I can. Assign the Zoom in/out keys, to whatever you are comfortable with. I use +- on the numpad. Anyway, hold what ever your zoom option is, and it should glitch a bit, and try to connect the track. When It does this, use your mouse, or touchpad, and click somewhere on the screen and then let go of what button your pressing to zoom. You can then drag the mouse around, and zoom in a lot actually, Much more than even if you are using a tablet or the APK.

If it doesn't work the first time. Keep trying. When I do it, to try and make sure I get it every time. I release the mouse button with the key zoom button, but click and hold it right away again. I can zoom in with ease now and make more technical sections. It doesn't work as well zooming out. But just pressing to see the full scale works, hope this helps at least one other person.

I use BlueStacks on my computer for the Track Path Editor. I cannot figure out how to use a reference image. I can open the reference image menu, but I don't know how to actually open an image to use as a reference.

I use BlueStacks on my computer for the Track Path Editor. I cannot figure out how to use a reference image. I can open the reference image menu, but I don't know how to actually open an image to use as a reference.
The reference image needs to be in the Bluestacks /download folder. I used the Root Explorer app to retrieve the image from Windows and placed it in the download folder.

Here is my post on how I did it.

I installed the Android SDK complete with emulator (QEMU based), but when I launch this from the Start/Launch dialog it does a whole lot of nothing. Ie. keeping the machine warm but no window/interface for the device. It's being hosted on a 64-bit debian system (old laptop) with 6 GB RAM.

edit: progress is being made, I think something about the skin having to have a chance to open on a given screen geometry.

Last edited:
I installed the Android SDK complete with emulator (QEMU based), but when I launch this from the Start/Launch dialog it does a whole lot of nothing. Ie. keeping the machine warm but no window/interface for the device. It's being hosted on a 64-bit debian system (old laptop) with 6 GB RAM.

I have no idea what the problem might be, but you can perhaps try another emulator?

Here is a nice list: http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-emulators-for-pc-655308/

Got as far as, well, titular activity. Trying to install the apk (official AFAIK) just comes up with "App was not installed". I'll be back...

edit: Installed it by way of the adb tool, it does work.

Last edited:
Back