Trying to install the Course Maker App on Android emulator

• Thread starter NixxxoN
  • 165 comments
Miraculously, from when I typed "AndyOS" into Google to when I was making a track in "Track Path Editor" was like 25 minutes.

AndyOS installed on my beat Windows 7 laptop no problem, I got right in and logged on, downloaded GT6TPE from Google Play/app store or whatever, and then it worked perfect. I hope you guys start to have success, try try again.

Track Path Editor worked fine in Bluestacks for me (on Windows 7). Designed and tested a track using the Death Valley setting in GT6 in under 10 minutes (didn't put much thought or effort into it...but, hey, it works!). I called it Bluestacks Speedway for obvious reasons.

Kinda nice to do this at work because I can have GT6 up side-by-side with my PC.

But man, there is a huge issue with the dynamic iris...dramatic exposure popping whenever the sun comes into view. I hope this bug doesn't manifest itself on all circuits.

Track Path Editor worked fine in Bluestacks for me (on Windows 7). Designed and tested a track using the Death Valley setting in GT6 in under 10 minutes (didn't put much thought or effort into it...but, hey, it works!). I called it Bluestacks Speedway for obvious reasons.

Kinda nice to do this at work because I can have GT6 up side-by-side with my PC.

But man, there is a huge issue with the dynamic iris...dramatic exposure popping whenever the sun comes into view. I hope this bug doesn't manifest itself on all circuits.

Is there any shortcut to putting in track side objects because it took me forever to fill in as much trackside stuff as possible? Also could be because I'm doing it on a small phone with a stylus and my fingers but even still, it took me like 30 minutes at least

I kind of wish it would just autofil the trackside stuff. They should give you the option to autofil it.

I was able to zoom/scale very randomly and I'm not even sure how it happened. Once was with Ctrl+rapid mouse wheel scrolling, and the other time was when I was trying to click and drag and it decided to zoom instead. :boggled:

But because of that, it's becoming impossible to replicate the track I want to replicate to it's proper scale.

Track Path Editor Use for Mac Users
A Quick, Step-by-Step Guide
  • Install Andy, the friendly Android emulator. A default installation works fine. For me, as this is for the app and absolutely nothing else, I've turned off things like Google sync, and definitely unchecked the "tell me more about updates" box.
  • When Andy has loaded up, point the browser to the Editor app on Google's store. Login with your usual Google account, or create a fresh one if you'd prefer, it doesn't matter.
  • Download the app. You should be able to check the progress by heading to the top left corner, and clicking on the down-facing arrow.
  • You might want to head to the browser (the globe-shaped icon on the main Android screen) while the app loads, to save any reference images you want.
  • Load up the app. Proceed as usual (PD has an online manual here that is very in-depth). When placing a reference image, you'll need to click and drag to move it, while holding Option/Alt down will allow you to rotate and scale, unfortunately both at once. You'll see simulated finger-tips on screen which helps, so getting the hang of rotating without seriously resizing, or vice-versa, will take some patience. Note that when placing a reference image, you cannot zoom in or out.
  • Once placed, the ability to zoom returns (with Option/Alt). You can also go back to the image placement step if you've found an issue, though note that you'll be re-importing from scratch, not changing the existing one.
  • Create your track!
  • When you hit Transfer, the browser will open. Enter in your PSN details, and you'll be transferred back to the app, hopefully with a successful transfer message.
  • Open up in GT6, and enjoy.

I was able to zoom/scale very randomly and I'm not even sure how it happened. Once was with Ctrl+rapid mouse wheel scrolling, and the other time was when I was trying to click and drag and it decided to zoom instead. :boggled:

But because of that, it's becoming impossible to replicate the track I want to replicate to it's proper scale.
Andy? CTRL + Left click.

Manual for Andy OS on Windows:
- Download Andy, the friendly Android simulator: http://www.andyroid.net/
- Install it like any other program (the needed virtual machine is included).
- Start it* and once it's booted, log-in with your Google Account or make a new one.
- Go into the Play Store, search for the app and install it.
- Follow the instructions and everything should work.

*If Andy won't start, make sure you have "Virtualization" enabled in your BIOS!

@Ringmeister Try it out with Andy, the zooming works okay, not perfect, but for sure not unpredictable.

Last edited:
Bluestacks says "android service not running" for me.

-edit-
a restart worked. playing around with it now. wasn't too hard to get it running. now if i can just remember the SEN login to transfer it.

Last edited:
Now I can't even import a reference image. This just gets better and better for me...

Which map selection are you choosing? Just that only Eiffel Flat can have image imports unfortunately. I am guessing that there is a specific folder the images must be in too. I am using DuOS Android emulator and i have to save images into ( on my PC ) Computer/C/users/Steve/DuOSShare and then the app sees the images. Of course we're using two different emulators, but i was wondering if there is a folder specific to Bluestacks, that you need to put images into, rather than just any old Windows folder ? I could be very wrong of course, anyone else able to help ?

I know what I'm doing. I had the image.. the very same image... imported last night, but when I tried to import it today I got nothing.

Hey Guys, I just downloaded bluestack on my laptop,and it worked, I was able to create a track,and save it! Sorry I am from Canada, so I dont know if it will work for the guys else where.

Is it normal for Kaspersky to be popping up with suspicious actions for Andyroid?

Detected:
PDM.Worm.P2P.generic

I had Andy working with the editor and made a track just fine, but now when I try to make a track the after clicking the map to move it the mouse will only zoom in and out (while dragging the map a bit). Once this happens I'm unable to place anymore track.
I'm new to andy and android so I hope i'm just missing something simple. Is there a way to toggle zoom on and off?

EDIT: it seems like if I can avoid using the scroll wheel on the mouse than I can avoid getting stuck like this.
Also the way I zoom in and out is to click the zoom out button on the left, to zoom in click on the item mode button up top then you can navigate back to the road layout mode zoomed in.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back