TSR Super Formula SF19 - Season 1

• Thread starter GTWelsh
  • 566 comments
I can't this time, I need to chill a bit and I'm also not a big fan of Yamagiwa where it'll be dirty air fest.

Next update out tomorrow, so give yourself enough time for it to copy. This may be an issue for CJ, going by when he is normally able to get on gt on Tuesdays. Hopefully he can start the update early in the day.
I don't have work tomorrow so I'll be good to go anyway.

I have suffered an irreversible electrical failure in my car and will not make the race. Sorry for the late notice. I tried to fix her, but she just isn't cooperating.

Backstory: For the past few weeks my downshift paddle has been causing problems. This was giving me lots of trouble in corners because it would either not shift at all or double shift. Not all the time, but often enough it was annoying. It even changed how I would approach corners. Because I couldn't predict whether I would be in 5 or 1 at the apex.

Comedic ending: So last week I decided to try to fix it myself rather than call Fanatec for a warranty claim. I thought "I'm pretty handy, so why not?". So I took the wheel apart, cleaned the contacts, and put it all back together. Around the hub of the wheel there are five screws. Two short and three long. (can you see where this is going now?) Yes. I put a long screw through a short screw hole and nearly punched a hole in the circuit board. 🤬

Well, weirdly enough the wheel still worked. At least so I thought. The L3 and Share button were a bit confused, but otherwise fine. The shifter paddle even worked!!! Until I restarted the wheel that is. Then I realized the PS button does not work and I cannot log in to the PS4. :crazy:

Anyways, that is what it is. I have been trying various things to fix it, but gave up and ordered a new wheel. With any luck it is here by the weekend and my girl is back up and running :cheers:

Until then I'll be watching Half the Race Gone!

Last edited:
I have suffered an irreversible electrical failure in may car and will not make the race. Sorry for the late notice. I tried to fix her, but she just isn't cooperating.

Backstory: For the past few weeks my downshift paddle has been causing problems. This was giving me lots of trouble in corners because it would either not shift at all or double shift. Not all the time, but often enough it was annoying. It even changed how I would approach corners. Because I couldn't predict whether I would be in 5 or 1 at the apex.

Comedic ending: So last week I decided to try to fix it myself rather than call Fanatec for a warranty claim. I thought "I'm pretty handy, so why not?". So I took the wheel apart, cleaned the contacts, and put it all back together. Around the hub of the wheel there are five screws. Two short and three long. (can you see where this is going now?) Yes. I put a long screw through a short screw hole and nearly punched a hole in the circuit board. 🤬

Well, weirdly enough the wheel still worked. At least so I thought. The L3 and Share button were a bit confused, but otherwise fine. The shifter paddle even worked!!! Until I restarted the wheel that is. Then I realized the PS button does not work and I cannot log in to the PS4. :crazy:

Anyways, that is what it is. I have been trying various things to fix it, but gave up and ordered a new wheel. With any luck it is here by the weekend and my girl is back up and running :cheers:

Until then I'll be watching Half the Race Gone!
Let me guess...your steering wheel is the McLaren GT3 ?

Compulsory
For tonight's race
Tyre wall sponsor.
PS_Messages_20190423_100200.jpg

Tyre decals now available and mandatory! Because they're sexy as!

Advan standard ones.
I need a waiver on this, as I may not be back with enough time to swap my livery and do recon laps to familiarise to the car... I will also have to ask @Antares26 reupload a new livery just for the sake of adding one bloomin' tyre decal. Lmao

I need a waiver on this, as I may not be back with enough time to swap my livery and do recon laps to familiarise to the car... I will also have to ask @Antares26 reupload a new livery just for the sake of adding one bloomin' tyre decal. Lmao
That's cool mate, don't worry about it :) but if it's possible it would be nice for the presentation on HTRG.

Thanks! Sky bloke arrived midway through me downloading the update and I need to grab fuel and dinner on my way back from work... so yeah, a wee bit stretched for time tonight.

There are big server issues at the moment
Has been happening since noon today... I'm being kicked from the servers, then connectivity gets established when I try connecting, then I'm being kicked from the servers and so on and on and on...

It's fine for the time being.

Old liveries are fine for this round. The servers are shocking.

Currently in lobby, seeing how it goes. Lobby is solid for the most part.

Edit. Spoke to soon lol. Likely postponed a week. Not confirmed just yet.

Everyone check your liveries; specifically ANY THAT YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED FROM OTHERS.

Mine for the SF19 Honda are GONE, even the one that was just uploaded and shared by @Antares26 today that I saved to collection a f%&tillion times.

I will update on if it's spread to others... you may have to redownload some once PD fix their mess.

Back