TSRL: Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Cup - Season Complete | PURE_DrWatson Champ by 1 Point!Finished 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 222 comments
Results/Points updated.

Good stuff today. I mistakenly took full fuel on my stop which ultimately hurt my speed at the end, but since Nic was the only one running 11's he probably would have won anyway. Especially if he didn't screw up the start like he always does. :lol:

Not sure how he got those 11s, a mid 12 was all I had without low fuel, even then I was still in the 12s.

Good race as normal, I just didn't have the pace to hang with RT and definitely not Nic :lol:

First race on the mountain so I suppose it went better than it could have. :lol:

Thought I was doing ok since I could do 2:13.1 in practice but quickly realized I was apparently not puckering my ass enough going over the top of the hill and was about a second off pace. Dinged a wall in qualifying trying to push through there... set a safe lap with my 1 lap of remaining time. Got sucked into Nic's jump start, same as Suzuka, tried like hell to keep up, then over-drove into a wall early in the 2nd stint... resigned myself to 4th and ran 2:14's till the end of the race with a wonky right rear.

Good race and a nice run from Nic through the field... 3rd would have been the best I could hope for being so slow. Fun times. See you in Cali.

I'm sorry turbo but I'm going to need to drop out of this series for the time being. Its really hard for me to make it to the race when I get home around 12:15-12:30 after church. If my schedule changes I will let you know.

Hope to see you guys on Sunday again. Any lap times to aspire to yet? I'm holding out the chance my lifelong favorite ("the looge") will get me into a competitive spot. :sly:

Still there?
Kid's playing Skylanders, but I can boot him off for the night.

I eventually got on and managed low 29's, though I imagine a low 28 or high 27 is hiding in there somewhere...

Last edited:
Still there?
Kid's playing Skylanders, but I can boot him off for the night.

I eventually got on and managed low 29's, though I imagine a low 28 or high 27 is hiding in there somewhere...

I was getting 28.5 on full fuel and 28.2 on light fuel, so 27 should be doable.

Well not the best day for me. No practice at all until just before qualifying. Almost thought I wouldn't race since I moved my driving rig to another location in my apartment and the pedals had no support from the back so they were sliding around everywhere. Had to find something heavy to wedge behind them. Anyway, qualifying pace was half a second off, but I wasn't comfortable with how I had to drive the car to achieve that number.

So, when a lag jump by Watson's car coming down the hill gave me left rear damage I dove into the pits, then just drove the car how it wanted to be driven which was in the 29's & 30's. After the leaders pitted I was in 3rd for a couple laps, but got a bump into the corkscrew by carracer so I just let him by and settled in. All around the car was junk and a pretty boring race on my end.

Edit: Results/Points updated.

Last edited:
Had some more fun this time, maybe not competitive, but I didn't douche the start and waited a whole lap before goofballing. Gives me hope for next week. :)

Fun race for sure. Nic dropped a bomb in qualifying so I was pretty much racing for p2 on the grid, got nipped by a nose by @carracerptp so starred a respectable 3rd.

Start was fine, was content to follow along just waiting for mistakes. Carracer gave me one early swinging wide into the dirt outside Rahal so I decided to push through at the corkscrew, he was not interested in giving it up though so we ended up side by side until the Andretti hairpin starting the next lap where I was finally able to squease through in front. However I decided to screw up in exactly the same way and got wide out of 6 in the slow sand giving car a run on me up Rahal. By this point Nic was running away so I pulled back in behind rather than fight for it again.

Followed for a while and we got some seperation to the field while slowing the bleeding of Nic's runaway. Carracer gave me another gift getting wide in 5 so I pulled inside to squease him through 6, however I didn't notice he lifted and pulled back to parry so I took a **** line through 6 and had to give the spot back again. Little while later though I was able to make a strong inside run on the final turn to get second cleanly.

After all the dicing and comedy of errors Nic was over 8s clear so I starded pushing hard hoping the two of us might be able to catch. I made up 2s and set lots of fast laps but Nic didn't make any big mistakes, I outran my potential push buddy, and the lead was too much to close.

Great race, on to Silverstone (where we all have to be careful not to cheat the runoffs).

I flat out messed up laps 1 and 2. I seem to only have pace in this car for about 5 laps. After that I was mostly off pace but still fun.

After the pit stop I ended up behind @R1600Turbo and ran right into him. After that I just didn't have my consistent 28.6s I was getting before in practice and couldn't get faster.

I guess Nic was just pacing us the first few rounds :lol:

I don't watch football either so not AFAIK.... isn't the Superbowl at night? (will I get sued for typing Superbowl without paying the NFL?)

I think so? In any case, if everyone can make it we'll move on.

Oh, and just an FYI, might wanted to practice with your swimming trunks on. ;)

Anyone have experience with sport mediums in the rain? I thought about doing some testing tonight to see if I needed to allow racing wets...

I have an equal chance as ever, need a complacent or preferably napping infantoddler and all is well.
I don't watch football either so not AFAIK.... isn't the Superbowl at night? (will I get sued for typing Superbowl without paying the NFL?)
It's Super Bowl. That's what you get sued for...oh ****.

Edit: I think all tires suck in the rain regardless of shown tread in GT-land. (besides racing wet)
Like comfort tires will hydroplane just as bad as racing slicks.

Saturday practice time... Done.

Hmmm... Did a bit of tire testing. The SM tires are ice skates after 80% surface. The AWD keeps it drivable up to about 70% where traction starts rapidly deteriorating.

My opinion is that everyone should have a set of heavy wets in case of Tsunami, but intermediate should be illegal. I tested them and they're faster than the SM in normal conditions.

Last edited:
Saturday practice time... Done.

Hmmm... Did a bit of tire testing. The SM tires are ice skates after 80% surface. The AWD keeps it drivable up to about 70% where traction starts rapidly deteriorating.

My opinion is that everyone should have a set of heavy wets in case of Tsunami, but intermediate should be illegal. I tested them and they're faster than the SM in normal conditions.
Got it. I'll allow the full wets and sport mediums only. I don't know if it will rain for sure, going to set it at 50% with change of 3 and maybe start it at 20% surface water. It could dry up or get worse, guess we'll see.

Well I guess a car that 'feels good' isn't necessarily fast. And then when you are forced to make it fast, it handles like crap. I was lighting up my front tires on my little HUD thing like a Christmas tree trying to hold off Nic there at the end. (who tried to pass me using pit road coming to the finish :P - which would not have counted BTW) The track didn't get wet like I had hoped even though I was supposed to start it out at 20% surface water and forgot. Good news is that Red Bull Ring also has weather and I can make up for it next week. :sly:

Results/Points have been updated.

Going to get in some practice soon. Gotta learn a new track.

I'm done, left the lounge to carracer

Last edited:
Back