Tsukuba lap times for 136 N-class cars - 1 remaining

Tested:

1:11.898 - Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA) '89

Nearly half a second slower than previous. I compared old and new replays and did not see a significant speed difference at braking zones and apexes. Seems to me that the car got nerfed during the last physics update.

@MidFieldMaven will you be making wet weather tests at some point in the future?

Obviously somewhat dependent on what tracks get rained on, Suzuka East seems a likely candidate, but it would be interesting to see whether the results differ between dry and wet laps, by that I mean the order of cars.

I take it, you haven't tested the Levin yet?

Also it's probably been a while since anyone's asked but how's progress going towards grinding for the Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta?

1:01.348 - Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package '18

A half-second faster than a stock C7 Corvette. A driver who doesn't suck with overpowered FR cars could very well manage high 1:00 laps.

Sharing videos on PS4 is apparently unavailable at the moment so replay is on standby until tomorrow when I test the new old Ferrari.

Edit: Replay is up!

Last edited:
I forgot this car even came out. Better late than never eh?

0:59.246 - Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV '15

Accelerates like a rocket from every apex. Supremely satisfying. Easy to drive as long as your patient with getting it to point straight before dropping the hammer or else you'll run wide. As is the case with just about every other 4WD car.

A tenth faster than the Huracan.

Last edited:
1:04.287 - BMW M3 '03

This thing will go toe-to-toe with a new Subaru STI. It's only a tenth behind Alfa Romeo 4C. It's 2 whole seconds faster than Honda S2000. What a car.

1:07.955 - Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16

Finally an 86 that I can manage sub-1:08 thanks to an additional 6 horsepower and 5 ft-lbs of torque. The car weighs 22 lbs more than the previous versions. It's just under 2 tenths behind VW Golf GTI '14.

Last edited:
I have updated my spreadsheet. I have kept all the old times in there because the last physics change wasn't that radical.

Looking at all the data, it seems that cars are punished hard for being heavy (which follows from the N.xxx class system). What seems to be rewarded is nimbleness, which is basically weight and the concentration there of. MR drive trains are on average very competitive (which might have something to do with those cars being developed for driving fast around corners). Also AWD is rewarded immensely. This might have something to do with, what I feel like is, the lack of inertia in the drive trains. This suspicion is made stronger by the complete lack of turbo lag in the game, which makes turbocharged cars more predictable and extremely brutal.

Volkswagen Golf GTI '83
Toyota Corolla Levin 3 door 1600 GT APEX
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
Dodge Super BEE
Ford GT '17
Porsche Taycan Turbo S

Thanks a bunch @oinksnork for your efforts! Now I know which cars I have left to test. And your spreadsheet is so good I stopped keeping my own records. I'm 40k short of affording the Ford GT so I should have it done tomorrow. I did test the Golf a few days ago but didn't post it.

1:14.023 - Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83

About 2.5 seconds slower than AE86. Why would anyone buy the Golf? :dunce:

Thanks a bunch @oinksnork for your efforts! Now I know which cars I have left to test. And your spreadsheet is so good I stopped keeping my own records. I'm 40k short of affording the Ford GT so I should have it done tomorrow. I did test the Golf a few days ago but didn't post it.

Just because AE86 wasn't exported out of Japan maybe? ;) :cheers:

"Because everyone should have something in life they can rely on..." :sly:

0:59.537 - Ford GT '17

I went for 11 laps because I knew I could improve slightly. Once I broke into the 59 second range I was certain 58 seconds wasn't possible (for me anyway...)

It's a whole second faster than the '06 GT and that's an incredible achievement.

As for the AE86 not being exported, here in the states, we did get a similar car called Corolla Sport GT-S or AE88 according to the VIN. Same car but more horsepower-robbing emissions equipment. The AW11 MR2 came out around the same time and that car had the real-deal 4A-GEU while the AE88 Corolla Sport GT-S had the 4A-GEC.

Check this out: www.bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-toyota-corolla-5/

Last edited:
Are we not getting any new cars this month? That's a bummer. I haven't been motivated to play since I tested the Ford GT. Between my job, taking care of house chores, and having 5 or 6 other game consoles with a backlog several miles long, I'm pretty busy but I always come back when there's an update.

Are we not getting any new cars this month? That's a bummer. I haven't been motivated to play since I tested the Ford GT. Between my job, taking care of house chores, and having 5 or 6 other game consoles with a backlog several miles long, I'm pretty busy but I always come back when there's an update.
Well if we don't get the usual tweet within the next day, I don't think there will be an update.

1:07.691 - Nissan 180SX Type X '96

A whole second faster than the Honda DC2 Integra Type R, and almost 3 tenths quicker than Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16.

Oh, the Silvia is 1.5 seconds slower than the 180SX.

Felt good to get behind the wheel again. I hit 1:07 on my 2nd lap I believe? So it doesn't seem that I've gotten rusty after a 2 month absence.

Last edited:

A whole second faster than the Honda DC2 Integra Type R, and almost 3 tenths quicker than Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16.

Felt good to get behind the wheel again. I hit 1:07 on my 2nd lap I believe? So it doesn't seem that I've gotten rusty after a 2 month absence.
Some physics change or a tire choice mistake? This time seems too good imho.

Shows how badly are FF cars simulated in GTS.

Back